Light-O-Rama Forums

NJ/PA Mini

cenote

Aproct wrote:

What I would like is some suggestions on possible topics to be discussed at the mini. Last year we had a presentation on SSRs, S2 and the LOR XMAS flood and than a comparsion of mini floods that were out on the market. Also, we had individuals display diiferent effects from their displays at night. This year we are thinking about an intro to DMX, how it works and have a few effects showing it in action...any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

I would love to see demos of sequencing tips - all the tricks and techniques we use to plow through sequencing... and any ideas on how to protect DMX fixtures (scanners, effect lights and any other "indoor" fixture) from south Jersey winter weather.

D.T.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank Picozzi

• JBullard

• cenote

• Aproct

The Saturday evening light demo was great. Talking about lights is one thing, but being able to see and compare in person is the best option ever.

I'm sure we can get several people to bring v-floods, mr-16s, strobes, and whatever for another demo this year.

Not to mention the moon will surely show later in the evening:cool:

NOT MINE!!!

Just caught up with this thread again, I have to check this forum more often.

1. I sure hope Jeff will be there with or without the cement for mixing. I missed him after attending my first time, the year before at his place.
  2. Not all us Yankees are Yankee fans and I may have to wear some Mets stuff just to keep those other Yankees in check. Although I'm not expecting the Mets to improve too much this year, dang Phils have all the good pitchers this year.
  3. After seeing Annalisa on TV last month didn't realize I was in the presence of such an LED authority last year. What a great display you have.
  4. A reminder to all that attend I am Ed but not THAT other Ed.

How about a presentation on use of lasers, if not covered previously?

Same for use of videos in displays, again if not covered previously.

There's always room for DMX...

Greg

Hi All! Happy New Year! I, too, just caught up with this thread. I always look forward to seeing everyone at the mini. However, that Saturday I am registered for the "Warrior Dash" in upstate PA so won't be able to attend. Rats. On the plus side, we will be able to make the Friday night social and the Sunday session. Thanks Andy for hosting this.

Sally and Roger

Aproct wrote:

What I would like is some suggestions on possible topics to be discussed at the mini.

Designing and building animated wire frames...

jimswinder wrote:

Aproct wrote:
What I would like is some suggestions on possible topics to be discussed at the mini.

Designing and building animated wire frames...

I don't think anyone that will be in attendance knows anything about wire frames...:D

Aproct wrote

What I would like is some suggestions on possible topics to be discussed at the mini. Last year we had a presentation on SSRs, S2 and the LOR XMAS flood and than a comparsion of mini floods that were out on the market. Also, we had individuals display diiferent effects from their displays at night. This year we are thinking about an intro to DMX, how it works and have a few effects showing it in action...any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

I know nothing about DMX but keep hearing about it so this would be interesting provided it started from a novice level.

Also I would be interested in the a general How To on using the DC LOR controller to drive some of the LED things like floods. I found the flood comparisons interesting last year bur I was not sure how they were used vis software and controller.

Depending on release from LOR a review of new software may be good if applicable and show n tell of any new LOR products if anyone has anything by June.

I could bring a CCR to set up for nite viewing if there is an interest.

Okay, how about this...I am willing to bring out my welder and bend metal and show how to weld and make wire frames....how about that one.....I am sure there is enough of us that already know how to weld, but I am sure a few of us can pass on additional tips...I have built a few wireframes in my time.....

I would like to see discussions or demos on

RGB

LED flood

Tip/trick of sequencing

Understanding DMX

I would also like to hear from participants, what direction do we see ourselves going in 2011? There are two things I can see that will help steer us, 1) The lack of incandecents that are available anymore (at least at a resonable price) and 2) newer products such as LED floods, but more so RGB LED string lights etc. is there all new hardware needed etc? oh, and DMx, which may tie in with the above mentioned.It just seems to me with all the talk about RGB/Pixels/LED etc etc, We as enthusists will approach our displays and sequencing in a different way than we are used to.

Tim

Aproct wrote:

Okay, how about this...I am willing to bring out my welder and bend metal and show how to weld and make wire frames....how about that one.....I am sure there is enough of us that already know how to weld, but I am sure a few of us can pass on additional tips...I have built a few wireframes in my time.....

I didn't mean the "how to weld" part...more of the design, attaching lights, and specifically how to do different mouth movements for a "talking" animation...

oh okay, well the design part is more up to the individual....attaching lights...clips or zip ties...movement..really good sequencing...LOL..

I am sure there will be some wireframes on display...