Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rgardner518

Light-O-Rama Spring Sale

LightORamaDan wrote:

Is there any future plans to have non-digital CCBs where the whole strand is RGB but without individual pixel control?

We have been considering it.

Dan

AARGH!!!! LOL

That changes everything for me!!!

Any idea when those might come out?

And what exactly does that mean (non-digital CCBs where the whole strand is RGB)?
That you could just control them to be either ALL Red, Green, or Blue?

jimswinder wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
Is there any future plans to have non-digital CCBs where the whole strand is RGB but without individual pixel control?

Dan

AARGH!!!! LOL

And what exactly does that mean (non-digital CCBs where the whole strand is RGB)?

All the bulbs on the string could be any color but the would all be the same color at any one time. The string would take up 3 channels in the network... One for Red, Green and Blue...

As I said it was somthing we were considering. Will not be this year (as far as I know) and no idea what the price would be except it would be less than CCBs.

Dan

Guest Don Gillespie

LightORamaDan wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:
I think we are some ways from the day where we stop using "regular" Christmas lights (be they LED or incandescent)...

Dan

Yikes!!!

I was hoping to be 95% CCB's by 2012!!

And I think I am older than you Dan!! :shock:

CCBs are cool and you can do amazing stuff with them that you could not do with regular Christmas Lights.... However I do not see people abandoning traditional lights and going all CCBs... Time will tell.

Dan

CCBs, CCRs, what is this world coming to there is no doubt these will take over traditional lights we just have to get the price down to $19.95 a string for a 100 count but maybe you to old guys can work this out LOL :P

LightORamaDan wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

AARGH!!!! LOL

All the bulbs on the string could be any color but the would all be the same color at any one time. The string would take up 3 channels in the network... One for Red, Green and Blue...

As I said it was somthing we were considering. Will not be this year (as far as I know) and no idea what the price would be except it would be less than CCBs.

Dan

That is something I would be interested in! (as long as the price was low enough).

Could out line my house/windows with one "string" and have lights for Halloween (Orange purple and white) and Christmas (white, red, blue, green, yellow and on and on)

Info from the web

Sale Starts: March 23 at 10:00 PM EDT .

Good Luck.

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Add me to the list of folks hoping you decide to do this :)

Guest wbottomley

Jamie Taylor wrote:

Info from the web

Good Luck.

Where's that information posted at?

Mountainwxman wrote:

Jamie Taylor wrote:
Info from the web

Good Luck.

Its the top tab on the store site. Here is a direct link.

http://store.lightorama.com/secretsale.html

Dan gave the link several posts ago. But the title changed from "not started yet" to the date and time.

Dan,
I like this new part. Its a small way to even out the field a little,

IMPORTANT: There is a $1500.00 Limit on orders. If your order total goes above $1500.00 you will not be able to checkout. You can place multiple orders. We have imposed this limit to prevent one person from buying up all the stock on fast selling items. (we will combine shipping if you place more than one order).

To bad no 8 channels controllers are on that list.

LightORamaDan wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

As I said it was something we were considering. Will not be this year (as far as I know) and no idea what the price would be except it would be less than CCBs.

Dan

I too would be interested in strings like this (price permitting) especially if they were able to be easily extended e.g. in 3 metre (approx 10 feet) segments with a waterproof connector (build your own length with no soldering required?)

Being in Australia these would have to be low voltage DC and/or work at 240vac else I couldn't use them :cool:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Jamie Taylor wrote:
Info from the web

Good Luck.

Its the top tab on the store site. Here is a direct link.

http://store.lightorama.com/secretsale.html

Dan gave the link several posts ago. But the title changed from "not started yet" to the date and time.

So for us on the west coast, it's an after midnight madness sale :D

Vic Fortenbach wrote:

Nope. 7pm PDT.

Don wrote:

Vic Fortenbach wrote:

Nope. 7pm PDT.

Vic, if I were you I would plan on getting to the sale page about 11:45pm so you are ready to go by midnight (since everything goes fast). :P:P

Martin I am a first timer and just recieved my first box a few weeks ago.I know how you feelI could not wait to see the lights instead of my animation.believe me I was not disapointed:shock:. I had to have a box now could not wait untill the sale. I will get my second in July

Don wrote:

Vic Fortenbach wrote:

Nope. 7pm PDT.

Don, your right! its a 7pm sale for the PST time!

10pm=EST
9pm=CST
8pm=MST
7pm=PST

But if you want to wait until 11:45pm PST, or whatever time zone your in! That's fine! lol, It will leave more for us, who can tell time! lol

Wait, if your in NDT time, than 11:45, should be OK!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Don wrote:
Vic Fortenbach wrote:

Nope. 7pm PDT.

But if you want to wait until 11:45pm PST, or whatever time zone your in! That's fine! lol, It will leave more for us, who can tell time! lol.

Exactly my point!

ace_master wrote:

I thought we were expecting the new CCBs in this Spring sale?

LightORamaDan wrote:
We have decided to put the Floods and CCBs on pre-order next month and not make it part of this sale. It gets confusing during the sale and I do not want to add to it.

Dan

bwaldrep wrote:

ace_master wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
We have decided to put the Floods and CCBs on pre-order next month and not make it part of this sale. It gets confusing during the sale and I do not want to add to it.

Dan

Aww, thanks... I completely missed that post. Everything I was after this spring isn't on the sale page, lol. Wonder if there be be an incentive for first customers upon release of the CCB/F.

Guest wbottomley

ace_master wrote:

bwaldrep wrote:
ace_master wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Aww, thanks... I completely missed that post. Everything I was after this spring isn't on the sale page, lol. Wonder if there be be an incentive for first customers upon release of the CCB/F.

Yes.

I heard somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25% off. Not a bad deal.

Fisrt time at looking at buying at this sale ....

I am looking at buying two controllers but also need a CTB16 Header

I see they are not on the list of sale items ... can they still be bought at this

time to cut down on shipping costs !?

Thanks,

Dave

RaceMedic wrote:

Fisrt time at looking at buying at this sale ....

I am looking at buying two controllers but also need a CTB16 Header

I see they are not on the list of sale items ... can they still be bought at this

time to cut down on shipping costs !?

Thanks,

Dave

Yes you can get anything in the store during the sale. I recommend that you have the CTB16 Header ( or any non-sale items) already in the shopping card before 10:00 PM when the sale starts.

Dan

Sorry .... I forgot to ask .... the Newbie coming out in me.

I read somewhere about the pin count and using the header.

Are they useable on the CTB16PC controllers ?!
I think so ... just want to double check !

Thanks again !

Dave

I need a LOR T-shirt. Too bad they are not for sale in the store.