Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama Spring Sale

rgardner518

LightORamaDan wrote:

We have decided to put the Floods and CCBs on pre-order next month and not make it part of this sale. It gets confusing during the sale and I do not want to add to it.

Dan

New bulbs! Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• rgardner518

• BrownOut

• Surfing4Dough

LightORamaDan wrote:

ogamoga wrote:
I have a question...when all the products run out after the sale...does that mean there is no more of the sale price product or no more product at all. I guess what im sayings is if I miss out on what I want to buy during the sale can I just go buy it full price or will I have to wait a long time

Thanks

Ben

As mentioned by others, we will have inventory remaining after sale at regular price. Only a portion of the inventory is placed on sale.

If you plan to get something soon I would wait and try for the sale price. It may sell out before you get it but you can then wait for the Summer Sale (no inventory limits) or get it at regular price.

The fastest sellers last year were the PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE and the CCR. Last year we had 500 PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETEs and they sold out in about 5 minutes. We will have 600 this year. Also this year we are going to have a limit on the purchase amount set at $2000 so if you want to spend more you will need to put in multiple orders (we will combine shipping for you).

Unfortunately we are still on the Yahoo Store so we will have the issue where your order can still be cancelled at checkout if we run out of stock on an item, so once you get it in your cart check out as quickly as possible.

We should be sending out an email about the "March Mad Grab Sale" in a couple days.

Dan

I've never been part of this version of march madness...is there a way to know what will and will not be on sale in advance of the sale starting? I am looking to add several (4-8 minimum) CTB-16Ds and a set of ELLs for next season.

I likely won't wait for the summer sale for most or all of the controllers, and have been holding off on ordering anything pending this sale..but starting to think it isn't worth the hassle, or finding out the items i want are not on sale.

My inclination at this point is to just order what I need, and be done with it, and not wait for the sale.

DonFL wrote:

I've never been part of this version of march madness...is there a way to know what will and will not be on sale in advance of the sale starting? I am looking to add several (4-8 minimum) CTB-16Ds and a set of ELLs for next season.

I likely won't wait for the summer sale for most or all of the controllers, and have been holding off on ordering anything pending this sale..but starting to think it isn't worth the hassle, or finding out the items i want are not on sale.

My inclination at this point is to just order what I need, and be done with it, and not wait for the sale.

Usually a sale flyer with sale prices is released a few days before the sale.

DonFL wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
ogamoga wrote:
I have a question...when all the products run out after the sale...does that mean there is no more of the sale price product or no more product at all. I guess what im sayings is if I miss out on what I want to buy during the sale can I just go buy it full price or will I have to wait a long time

Thanks

Ben

As mentioned by others, we will have inventory remaining after sale at regular price. Only a portion of the inventory is placed on sale.

If you plan to get something soon I would wait and try for the sale price. It may sell out before you get it but you can then wait for the Summer Sale (no inventory limits) or get it at regular price.

The fastest sellers last year were the PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE and the CCR. Last year we had 500 PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETEs and they sold out in about 5 minutes. We will have 600 this year. Also this year we are going to have a limit on the purchase amount set at $2000 so if you want to spend more you will need to put in multiple orders (we will combine shipping for you).

Unfortunately we are still on the Yahoo Store so we will have the issue where your order can still be cancelled at checkout if we run out of stock on an item, so once you get it in your cart check out as quickly as possible.

We should be sending out an email about the "March Mad Grab Sale" in a couple days.

Dan

The following will be on sale: Sale Page

Dan

No sale on the CMB-16D-QC or iDMX1000?

Only items I wanted...except CCR. Oh well, guess I dont need to fight the crowd for those items.

Great prices!!

Thanks Dan! It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. Looking out for the big sales, fighting the crowds to get just what little Timmy wanted under the tree.

LightORamaDan wrote:

DonFL wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:
ogamoga wrote:

Thanks

Ben

Dan

The following will be on sale: Sale Page

Dan

Thanks. The ELL price makes sense to join the fray..looks like I'll be buying my controllers at the normal price...:)

Guest wbottomley

Too sum it up. All you men and women wanting a good deal better be prepared for a quickie.

In other words... fiddling around with your mouse will cost BIG time!

Mountainwxman wrote:

Too sum it up. All you men and women wanting a good deal better be prepared for a quickie.

I like to double click mine.

Tim Herberger wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:

And there goes the thread, ladies and gentleman, right down the tubes, and this one, amazingly, without one post from Jimswinder...:):P

I know this is the spring sale, but when do orders usually ship out during the summer sale? Do the arrive by October or are they being manufactured then?

Guest wbottomley

DonFL wrote:

Tim Herberger wrote:
Mountainwxman wrote:

And there goes the thread, ladies and gentleman, right down the tubes, and this one, amazingly, without one post from Jimswinder...:):P

Thank you.:)

BrownOut wrote:

I know this is the spring sale, but when do orders usually ship out during the summer sale? Do the arrive by October or are they being manufactured then?

depends on if you do the "maybe get it for free" option, or just have them ship. Last year was my first LOR order, I did not go for "maybe get it for free" possibility, and had my stuff (controllers, usb, few misc items) within a couple weeks.

Can't recall for sure, but I think it was 4-6 weeks or longer if you gambled and hoped for a green slip in your box when it arrived.

I've ordered items outside of the sales events a couple times (actually, just placed an order for 4 controllers this morning..) and delivery time has always been pretty good..easily within 2 weeks if the items are in stock.

am I missing something, was't there talk about a new controller coming out that works better with LED lights? not expecting a new controller to be in the sale but I was just curious.I really think I'm starting to lose my mind. Now I've got myself thinking if I heard about it I probably would of remember the model number....... and I don't! Okay it's official, I I'm losing my mind. I've got Light-o-rama channels on my brain. lol, I guess it could be worse!

Ralph D wrote:

am I missing something, was't there talk about a new controller coming out that works better with LED lights? not expecting a new controller to be in the sale but I was just curious.I really think I'm starting to lose my mind. Now I've got myself thinking if I heard about it I probably would of remember the model number....... and I don't! Okay it's official, I I'm losing my mind. I've got Light-o-rama channels on my brain. lol, I guess it could be worse!

There will be new firmware that works better with LEDs (dimming curves to make LEDs work more like incandescent bulbs). This firmware will work in controllers being sold today. There is also a new card comming out mid year that has built in ghost/phantom loads. This new controller will of course have the new firmware in it.

Dan

So the new card with loads..is that more along the lines of the existing design, like the PC or CTB-16D variety, or is it part of the next-gen cards we are hearing about?

The next gen cards are going to be much like the existing cards. The big differences will be the new firmware (that can be used on older cards) and the ghost loads... They will also optionally have snubbers which will help mostly in the international market with transformers but the snubbers will also help with AC motors.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

The next gen cards are going to be much like the existing cards. The big differences will be the new firmware (that can be used on older cards) and the ghost loads... They will also optionally have snubbers which will help mostly in the international market with transformers but the snubbers will also help with AC motors.

Dan

So if we have last years LOR1602W we are ok? I still wonder if we will need these controllers with the new CCR and CCB's coming out?

cctexas wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

So if we have last years LOR1602W we are ok? I still wonder if we will need these controllers with the new CCR and CCB's coming out?

The current LOR1602W (or last year's for that matter) do not have ghost loads built in but you will be able to use the new generation firmware in them and get better results with LEDs.

As far as control of standard Christmas Lights vs CCRs and CCBs... I think we are some ways from the day where we stop using "regular" Christmas lights (be they LED or incandescent)... Certainly users who go with the CCRs and CCBs will need fewer regular controllers. I am a little older than most and still like the looks of incandescents:)

Dan