Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR

Guest guest

txstraitfan4 wrote:

Dale W. said..........

When you plug (both of the plugs) the controller in, do you have the flashing red lights?

No i dont think so i think what it is i dont have the channels programed in right or something:? i went to the steps but it just doesnt work. i hope this make sence 2 u.

also Michael B be nice:):D to me iam a newbe when it comes to the LOR okay i just need some help. be happy and make your house nice and bright for the Christmas season.

txstraitfan,

That is an old family joke. Don't take it the wrong way. That is why I had all the smilely faces. I will edit it away.

Do yourself and us a favor and explain your problems. We like to help. :]

I am sorry if I offended you. Sometimes my funnies don't come across right.

Keep posting and keep smiling.

Dale W

i understand that already but what i dont understand is that i went to the steps and i think i messed some steps some where. This is the list of steps i got form someone off of here maybe its u. it just the short one.

1.We need to set up the Configuration in the sequence editor so that we know which unit and what channel are assigned to each horizontal line of the sequence.

2. Each Sequence whether animation or musical is set up in a grid pattern, horizontally is in reference to time vertically is set to each assigend channel.

3. After sequence is complete it needs to added to a show using the show editor

all of above is where i dont understand i guess.

u have several options then thay list them.

Q. do u have to use all of them or just one?

4.after the sequence and show editor are complete we have to do the schedule editor it will set up whats shows are to be shown at what time and on what days.

5. then we have load the LOR control panel then by right clicking the mouse on the light bulb on the lower right hand of your task bar u must select enable shows.

Which model LOR controller do you have?
Was it already built... or was it a kit?

Are you using the serial adaptor or USB?

Do you have the Demo (free!) software, or did you purchase it?

What kind of cable are you using to connect from the converter to the controller? (Cat5 or phone cord) ?
How long is it?

terrypowerz.................. or anybody answer!!!!!

it was already built, I have the LOR 160xw Light Controller based on the CTB16d Controlled Triac Card.

i do have the full software not the demo, i also have Cat5 50 ft, serial adaptor

i do have a problem so far how to set up configuration in sequence editor

Ok...
Start by opening up the Seq editor...
Click on "File" then "New" then "Animation sequence"
type in your name...then change 8 to 16 in number of channels to use...
.1 second spacing...
Uncheck "Loop"
Click OK at the bottom...
A grid with 16 channels should pop up... with events spaced .1 seconds apart
The channels will be labeled "Channel1", "Channel2", and so on...
Move the mouse over the name of "Channel1" clik on the name...
Click on "Change Channel settings"....
Name it what you want...pick a color.... click on LOR for device type... pick 1 for Unit , and 1 for Circuit (Circuit is the same as channel on the board)

Is this making sense so far?

txstraitfan4 wrote:

terrypowerz.................. or anybody answer!!!!!

it was already built, I have the LOR 160xw Light Controller based on the CTB16d Controlled Triac Card.

i do have the full software not the demo, i also have Cat5 50 ft, serial adaptor

i do have a problem so far how to set up configuration in sequence editor

Sorry to have given you a hard time earlier. This is exactly the sort of stuff we need to help you out.

There are a couple of things to check:

1) Make sure you have the right COM port set up in the sequence editor: In the editor, look under the Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences menu. Make sure the "LightORama Network" setting is correct.

2) Open a sequence. Click on one of the channel names. Select "Change Channel Settings". This should say "LightORama Controller" under device type, and Unit shoudl match the Unit ID that is assigned inside the Showtime controller (see your user doc on how to change that). Also assign a circuit (1-16) You need to do this for every channel.

Try those and let us know how it works out.

-Tim

what does this mean?

[align=center] Port not found [/align]
[align=center]Unable to locate the LOR Port check the controller is connected and that it is powered on. [/align]
[align=center]because of axess errors not all ports wre checked using the lor contol panel make sure shows are disabled.[/align]
[align=center]:?:?:?:?[/align]