• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• George Simmons

• Leroy Thompson

• friskybri

From CDI I just ordered:

24 Strings of Green C6 70

50 dripping tubes (160 LEDs in each so does that mean I have 8000 more lights?)

20 Strobes

:=)

20,000 lights from Vendor A

100 strobes from Vendor B

Hopefully 9 Cosmic Color Bulbs, 3 RGB Floods and 8 more 16PC controller kits from Vendor C...

This should put me close to 75,000 LED lights, 41 Controllers (656 Channels), and 12 RGB items for the 2011 Season....

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Hopefully 9 Cosmic Color Bulbs, 3 RGB Floods and 8 more 16PC controller kits from Vendor C...

This should put me close to 75,000 LED lights, 41 Controllers (656 Channels), and 12 RGB items for the 2011 Season....

Shouldn't you be programing or something like that??:D

Don Gillespie wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

Shouldn't you be programing or something like that??:D

I am...

as I am sitting in the Gainesville, Florida airport waiting for my flight...which is about 2 hours away...

Then another 2 hour layover in Atlanta...

Ok, what company is CDI?

What kind of prices is their stuff on these group orders? Does it really compare to retail after Christmas prices?

LIMITED QUANTITY - New LED mini lights – twice as bright, waterproof, crush-resistant, and affordable! Our manufacturer has been testing and improving the LED mini light for nearly a decade. Other vendors offer an HWR (half-wave reflector) but our new Pro-Grade™ LED mini light has an FWR (full-wave reflector) plus a resistor. What does that mean to you? It means a 50% increase in brightness with vibrant colors to match. These new minis are waterproof, crush resistant, UL approved, rated at 50,000 hours and most importantly – attractively priced! New Pro-Grade™ LED mini lights are 120-volts, spaced on 4-inch centers with 100 lights on a 33-foot string. They use 4.8 watts per string! They’re packaged for ease of use with no poly bag or tray to clean up. Take them out of the case, untie a wire binder, install and enjoy them for years! Packed 12 strings per case – Priced per case of 12 strings. - SPECIAL ORDER, ODD LOT
$225

This is what I mean? If I'm reading everything above right, that's 12 strands of 100 light LED for $225, which equals $18.75 per stand of 100. That's rediculous to me considering I pay an average of $1.50 - $3 after Christmas per 50 lights LED strands. Now I understand the difference in quality that goes with that, however, it just doesn't equate to me...

I don't want to offend anyone, I guess you all just have a lot more money than me, but there's just no way I can afford those prices, no matter if they make my house light up like daytime. I'm not saying anything against anyone who can afford it, or doesn't want to sacrifice quality. I'm just trying to understand if there is anything I am missing?

Thanks

jimswinder wrote:

You will never use all that please ship 1/2 of that stuff to me.

shakeonit wrote:

LIMITED QUANTITY - New LED mini lights – twice as bright, waterproof, crush-resistant, and affordable! Our manufacturer has been testing and improving the LED mini light for nearly a decade. Other vendors offer an HWR (half-wave reflector) but our new Pro-Grade™ LED mini light has an FWR (full-wave reflector) plus a resistor. What does that mean to you? It means a 50% increase in brightness with vibrant colors to match. These new minis are waterproof, crush resistant, UL approved, rated at 50,000 hours and most importantly – attractively priced! New Pro-Grade™ LED mini lights are 120-volts, spaced on 4-inch centers with 100 lights on a 33-foot string. They use 4.8 watts per string! They’re packaged for ease of use with no poly bag or tray to clean up. Take them out of the case, untie a wire binder, install and enjoy them for years! Packed 12 strings per case – Priced per case of 12 strings. - SPECIAL ORDER, ODD LOT
$225

This is what I mean? If I'm reading everything above right, that's 12 strands of 100 light LED for $225, which equals $18.75 per stand of 100. That's rediculous to me considering I pay an average of $1.50 - $3 after Christmas per 50 lights LED strands. Now I understand the difference in quality that goes with that, however, it just doesn't equate to me...

I don't want to offend anyone, I guess you all just have a lot more money than me, but there's just no way I can afford those prices, no matter if they make my house light up like daytime. I'm not saying anything against anyone who can afford it, or doesn't want to sacrifice quality. I'm just trying to understand if there is anything I am missing?

Thanks

In Canada on sale 70 count C6 LED are around $12

I can not find Green which I need I am paying around $12 for as many as I want now.

To me the on line vendors have better prices/selection.

I normally buy what I can after Christmas but selection has been bad for the last few years.

Guest Don Gillespie

Jeff Millard wrote:

I'm buying more gas for the snowblower. We got 15" this week, and there's another storm brewing for next week.

Jeff

I am with you on this we are also getting 15 inches of snow it started last night I am so sick and tired of this white crap time to do a trade with Pete in Florida or Jeff in Australia but only for the next four months.

Don Gillespie wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
I'm buying more gas for the snowblower. We got 15" this week, and there's another storm brewing for next week.

Jeff

I am with you on this we are also getting 15 inches of snow it started last night I am so sick and tired of this white crap time to do a trade with Pete in Florida or Jeff in Australia but only for the next four months.

Come on down!! I won't trade ya, but you are welcome to come down. Maybe you can help me finish cutting the tree down and then build a Mega tree. I think I can find some Royal Crown, and I don't mean RC cola!

Jeff Millard wrote:

Jeff

Wow,that whole area has been getting hammered with snow and to think Buffalo has the bad reputation as the snow capital. So far this winter it has been a piece of cake , there is maybe 8" on the ground now with no major storms, we have been getting 1-3 inches at a time...

Well I'm with Jeff on this one. Still have over 24 inches on the llawn which is preventing me from tearing down the display. Even if I couldget the elemnts off the lawn there is still well over 1200 feet of extension cord to take up and store.

Guest Don Gillespie

shfr26 wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Jeff Millard wrote:

Jeff

Come on down!! I won't trade ya, but you are welcome to come down. Maybe you can help me finish cutting the tree down and then build a Mega tree. I think I can find some Royal Crown, and I don't mean RC cola!

You don't have to ask me twice, I will be there tommorow I hope they will let me cross the border with my chainsaw to cut down your tree, now where did I put that darn chain saw LOL, :D

PS

My wife says I have to snowblow the three driveways Pete, I guess I can't come :(

You know I wish we would get lots of snow. I was wanting about 4 feet of snow the power to go out ect. All the airports to shut down around here so I cant go to work. Ever sense I got the Generator transfer switch and snow blower. We havent gotten anything more then 3 to 4 inches at a time. Whats wrong with this picture. Bring the blizzard.

Guest Don Gillespie

friskybri wrote:

You know I wish we would get lots of snow. I was wanting about 4 feet of snow the power to go out ect. All the airports to shut down around here so I cant go to work. Ever sense I got the Generator transfer switch and snow blower. We havent gotten anything more then 3 to 4 inches at a time. Whats wrong with this picture. Bring the blizzard.

Well I will trade you staight up, come up here and bring your snowblower LOL

I will post a photo I just have to warm up, I just finished snowblowing you wouldn't even know I did anything the snow is relentless this year but I guess its like this everywhere in the north

• 2 weeks later...

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Anyone in the market to buy, "Muilt-Colored 5mm GE ENERGY SMART LED Holiday lights"?

I bought them at a really good deal from Lowes earlier this year for $.45 a box. And I have about 80 boxes. I decided not to use them at all! My loss is your gain! They are all still in the box new! How about $36 for them all plus shipping! And I'll ship them the cheapest way I can!

Here is an update on the lights. I dug them out and ready to sell them. I have pictures to show. I only have have 78 boxes. But how does $35.10 for them all plus shipping cost? here is what they look like.

Attached files 236805=12926-2011-02-06 18.46.14.jpg