Light-O-Rama Forums

What did you buy today?

Leroy Thompson

I bought 1 Lor PC controller card w/HD heat sinks & 1 8 channel controller card yesterday. That move ( 8 channel controller) freed up a waste of a 16 channel controllers. That PC card is my spare card now and so I now can use another 16 channel controller that was last years spare.

Now you might be saying "why did you not wait until the Lor reduction sale"? Well lets say the CAD. dollar drops by the time of the sale to say 93 cents, which in reality is 90 cents. Well that is $10.00 on every hundred with is $25.00 on $250.00. Now I loss only $2.50 on $250.00. It is like a sale right now in a sense, anyhow I had the money now & I may have spent it before the Feb. sale.

If I have money again by the Feb sale then I might buy a couple of more controllers.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• George Simmons

• Leroy Thompson

• friskybri

I couldn't resist the after Christmas sales! I only had LED's from the vendors here but at the prices I went overboard. I just hope they all hold up. Our climate is not so bad in Decemeber that I'm thinking I will be alright.

Landed: 96 Boxes, C6, 60CT for $2.99/box from Target, various LED colors. R/W/B
4 of the 42" LED Stars for $12.50/ea and 4 of the 17" LED Rope stars for $8.99/ea

Landed: 80 Boxes, M5, 60CT for $1.74/box Walmart, R & B LED. Will use these for my mini trees to add multiple color. Figure if they fail, easy fix as they'll be in the front yard. Did not see a flicker with these?

The target lights are def 1/2 wave, slight flicker. But what I noticed last night when hooking them up to LOR that there was NO flicker until I got down to 10%. Then I added a snubber to totally get rid of it.

Guest Don Gillespie

Just another 1000 lights for a whopping $17.00 all Leds Home hardware clearing out their stock couldn't resist, still going to order from Paul in Feb, will buy new controllers from Dan in the summer

I upped my lightcount from 10500 to 22400 lights. Some minis from walmart at 50% after Christmas and some led warm whites from Sam's Club. New Years Eve morning drove early in the morning in thick fog to a walmart I knew still had minis in stock for 75%. Also got more Snow-cicles at Shopko cheap, they were a big hit in my display.

Well I hit it lucky here. Went to Lowes and lo and behold they were having a 90% off sale. Got 46 boxes of M5 - 50 ct LED at $1.10 a box, 12 40 ct led blue at the same price. Then went to my local Home Hardware store (all are independantly owned) and negotiated with the owner and got 75% off LED C6 70 and 35 count red and green for $3.00 per box for 70 ct and 1.50 a box for 35 ct. so I bought 30 boxes of 35 count and 16 boxes of 70 ct. Total spent $185 and upped my light count by 6,000 approximately. I like the 35 ct. because some of my windows are too small to use 2 -70 ct strings and others are too large for 3 - 70 ct. All these lights have a 3 year warranty. Canadians have to find local deals due to the added cost of shipping to Canada and customs clearance fees which make purchasing from the bulk sellers in the US expensive. Now if CDI or any other supplier wanted to set up a Canadian branch just contact me and I would be happy to oblige.

Anyone in the market to buy, "Muilt-Colored 5mm GE ENERGY SMART LED Holiday lights"?

I bought them at a really good deal from Lowes earlier this year for $.45 a box. And I have about 80 boxes. I decided not to use them at all! My loss is your gain! They are all still in the box new! How about $36 for them all plus shipping! And I'll ship them the cheapest way I can!

Geesh. Wish you were in Canada, I'd take them all but the shipping and import costs would be way too much.

Mike Manzara wrote:

Geesh. Wish you were in Canada, I'd take them all but the shipping and import costs would be way too much.

road trip!!!

Bought a ton of lights from different locations, all at huge discounts.

Got lucky 4 weeks after Christmas and scored some great lights for my parents. Home Depot's Martha Stewart lights were $14-$15 before Christmas, I got 33 boxes for $1 a piece to outfit my parents house in white LED icicles.

I love the deals...

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Anyone in the market to buy, "Muilt-Colored 5mm GE ENERGY SMART LED Holiday lights"?

I bought them at a really good deal from Lowes earlier this year for $.45 a box. And I have about 80 boxes. I decided not to use them at all! My loss is your gain! They are all still in the box new! How about $36 for them all plus shipping! And I'll ship them the cheapest way I can!

Sent you a pm.

MikeH

To all who were interested in the Lights. Thanks for your responses. I'll have to get back to all of you at a later time. After my first post about them, We got hit with another 3ft of snow. The lights are in my garage, that I will not be getting into, anything soon. I hope once most melt by March, I can follow up with everyone's Pm's and comments, regarding pictures. I still have to take down my display. But with 5 miles of extension cords and the lights themselves, under FEET of snow, it will all have to wait. Sorry for the delay. I hope your still interested later, when I can get them out.

This is a picture of the snow we got the next day on Tuesday the 25th! There was 3ft that fell, on top of the 2 compacted ft that was alrighty there! And we have more coming tonight!

Attached files 235813=12859-2010-12-27 11.00.37.jpg

RaceMedic wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Here is one with my display ALL MOST GONE!
What are those on the lawn !?

Dave

Look like those big plastic C9 bulbs you can buy...

jimswinder wrote:

RaceMedic wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Dave

Yep!

This is the before snow Picture. They stand 2' 6" tall

Attached files 235820=12861-2.jpg

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
RaceMedic wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Dave

Yep!

This is the before snow Picture. They stand 2' 6" tall

If you turn on all those big lights the snow will melt faster.....right? :D

MikeH

Over a month of shopping i picked up the following:

16 boxes- 300 ct icicles

200 boxes- 100ct clear lights

100 boxes- 100ct green lights

100 boxes- 100ct red lights

8 boxes- 25 ct C9 Clear lights

50 boxes- 400ct multi lights white wire

10 boxes- 400ct white lights white wire

and other odds items.....

We have some BIG plans for 2011, thinkin about doing two houses for the next year display and doing a Clark Griswold theme for our house!!!

More to come!!!!

Attached files 235915=12879-IMG_1399.JPG