Light-O-Rama Forums

What did you buy today?

Leroy Thompson

How about if everyone lists the lights, blowmolds, wireframes, etc. that you bought this weekend for next year.

So far, I got 20 boxes of 100 count mini red's on green wire at WalMart, Muskogee, OK (50% off)

10 boxes of 140 count blue mini's on green wire from Big Lots (50% off) Blue is hard to find here

6 boxes of 70 count blue LED icicle lights (50% off, Wal Mart, Wagoner, OK)

Charlie Brown, Linus inflatable (Christmas gift, don't know cost)

This was a good start and only cost about $75. Where did you find lights? Are they hard to find again this year?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• George Simmons

• Leroy Thompson

• friskybri

The only thing I was looking for today was Wally World lighted candy canes. I found plenty of green and pllenty of white but the reds were nowhere to be seen. I found some cheesy looking purple and pink ones at Target. I left the pink where they were, but picked up a dozen purple. My neighbor's garage has a purple chase along the roofline and I'm going to see how it looks to substitute a purple pinwheel spinner there next year instead of the white candy cane pinwheel spinner I had there this year.

Like George, I was at WallyWorld for the lighted candy canes. Bought 75 more.

I only buy lights from Creative Displays, "the source" for quality LEDs

I grabbed enough of the white and red canes at walmart to make two pinwheels. For some reason the walmart and Menards in Washington IL looks like they have just stocked their shelves. I would bet that most of it will be there in 4 days when it goes to 75% off. I watched for 45 minutes and no one was grabbing lights. I am so going to strike when they go 75% off. I would say over 1000 boxes.

DonFL wrote:

Too da***ed cold here today to do any shopping..:)

Yeah - it's a real shame... must have been what? in the forties there?

Was 50ish this morning, has been dropping ever since. 39 now, down to a low of 29 tonite.

And yes, I freely admit my midwestern (Michigan) blood has thinned, and I am a cold weather wimp.

Did I mention some palm trees in my front yard got frostbitten last week?..:(

When I lived in San Antonio in the 1970's we had banana palms in the back yard. Every winter it got below 30 at least one night in late December or early January and the next morning the banana palms would be a slimy mess all over the ground.

Bought 72 boxes of Clear 100 minis at Lowes at 60% off. Want to surround my yard with mini arches next year instead of the candy canes I've been using for 15 years.

I'm waiting for the 75% discount too, but blues are really hard to find around here so I decided to take them while I could get them. If you want clear or multi there are lots but if you want single colors, they are not to be found much. Tomorrow I will go to a little town near us where they have a locally-owned True Value. The owner was willing to bargain with me last year and sold me most of his left over stock at 60% off and then threw some stuff in for free just to get rid of it. It's one of those small town "hi neighbor" places.

Ya, I was looking for the red candy canes too, no go though. I did buy 25 of the green ones and have plans to change them over to LED this summer. And then getting a DC card and a 48 VDC supply for them. With 25 * .02 A = .5A so the power supply does not have to be a big one. Will use 8 channels to drive 3 canes. And will have them separated by 8 canes so I can do neat chases with 3 lit at a time. Just cant see having 25 channels for 25 canes at a time. But this sure would allow for some neat effects.

Going to save my money for maybe a CCR this year. And maybe a few mega poles. Love that dropping light effect.

Roughly 100 boxes of 60ct mini LEDs (mostly warm white, and some red and green) at 50% off. Had good luck with these this year so making plans for additions next year. Got some red canes (they had tons of those) and finally found an unopened carton that I cracked open to get some green canes too.

Looks like were all doing candycane spinners next year. I bought 16 red and 16 white............. maybe I'll rethink that. Also restocked with 40 each in red, green, and blue 100 ct minis, most from Lowes.