Light-O-Rama Forums

Clearwater Lights update

George Simmons

Hi Everyone. Merry Christmas to all!

This year's videos are almost all online now. I'll keep adding/upgrading each day until I'm satisfied with the finished product, but all the best are already posted.

For Christmas tunes:

If you like The Ventures:

How about Perry Como:

Or Patti Page:

Or Pink Floyd:

On youboob, search for: Clearwater Lights.

Enjoy! Comments and criticisms are welcome as always. And if you've got 11-year old kids, please let me know which one they enjoyed the most.
;)

All your videos are good.I got hooked on queen of the winter night last year and cant wait to see your 2010 version.Bring it on!!! Merry christmas to everyone :D

Guest Don Gillespie

George just spent the last 20 min looking at some of your videos these are extremly well done your timing is excellent and your yard design is great my favorite is the Pink Floyd

doug petschke wrote:

many of us. ok me for sure, worship the ground you stand on ...

Doug - If I thought you were serious, I'd be embarrassed. But if that's your way of saying you like my work, I appreciate it. I posted a couple weeks ago that it still sometimes amazes me when I look out at the yard and realize: I created all that...

Bob - Freebird??? What's THAT got to do with Christmas?

Don - I appreciate the kind words. Don't tell the nay-sayers, but as for the timings, I owe it all to knowing how to use the beat wizard. But hey - it's great to find fellow PF fans. Have you guys seen all three of the Pink Floyd / Roger Waters songs this year?

Walleyes - ask and ye shall receive... either later tonight or tomorrow evening I'll get the 2010 Queen of the Winter Night posted.

Jim - Thanks for your vote. That's one of them I'm thinking of submitting for the LOR contest. Know any other 11 year-olds?

Brian - your offer is tempting but I'm gonna pull a Cliff Lee and see if I can find a more comfortable deal. But I'm flattered you'd want this mess...

George Simmons wrote:

doug petschke wrote:
many of us. ok me for sure, worship the ground you stand on ...

Bob - Freebird??? What's THAT got to do with Christmas?

On the first day of Christmas....A partridge in a pear tree, A Partridge is a free bird.

George, you always have a great display. Lots of new stuff and ideas every year. This year it is exceptional.

Did you use the Flip to record those? I thought you said that is what you were using. If so, don't change it did an outstanding job.

yes George, i to have spent a good 30 min of my Christmas eve watching your videos excellent work and great timing my faves the Ventures for sure, keep up the great work

On the first day of Christmas....A partridge in a pear tree, A Partridge is a free bird.

Wait a minute Pete - I thought the first day of Christmas was a CTB16PC in a tree?

Robin - Yes, all of this year's vids are the Flip with a wide-angle lens. I agree - it's a darn good picture for 129 bucks. (Not including the W-A lens) And a lot of what looks like it might be a little too color-saturated is actually how the yard looks with any moisture in the air given all the snow we have. Hey, how's the knee(s) doing?

Thanks Dale. Altogether I've got 10 tunes by The Ventures in this year's show. As I look at how the playlist has shaped up since day 1 in 2008, it's interesting how many favorite songs/groups from through out my life are showing up sequenced in the yard. I wonder how many other boomer sequencers out there are seeing the same thing happening? Now if I could just find a decent rendition of "Bill Grogan's Goat"...

George - Round & Round the lighting was perfect for that video! Fantastic!! On the right side of home, looks like a blue pinwheel ( i love that) ... Do you have any photos of that close up? Guessing 24 CH?

Your skills are right up there with Richard Holdman! Going to add you to my "hero" list...

Bob - what you're describing is a Robin Wheel. You are correct - it has 24 channels - eight spokes, 3 channels per spoke. I don't think I have any pics of it, but if I remember ir before it gets dark tonight I'll go out and snap a couple. If you want to see some of the patterns I've created for it, there's a couple videos I posted last season. Here's the link for one of them:

http://www.vimeo.com/8157785

George- Holy cow thats fantastic! Since we will be sticking with RWB again next year, thats the colors I want to use on one of these. Talk about an eye catcher! I was debating doing a mega tree but after seeing this, I want to duplicate it. The goal is to add 1 new element per year, keeping it within reach :) - I'm gonna ask, was it difficult to build the wheel?

Robin wrote:

Good thing, and so I just went out a cracked a rib so as not to miss a good opportunity!

Well, at least that will take your mind off your knee for a while... did you wind up getting any lights up this year? How about inventing any new devices? I've sure gotten plenty of mileage out of the Wheel, and it's showing up in more and more displays all the time. But it's been two seasons now, dammit! Where's the next new thing?

Very cool...still love the face! Can't help but smile when you see it. Was wondering what the "color circle thing" is? Is that a CCR? Anyway, great!

-Sally

• The topic was locked