Light-O-Rama Forums

CDI Pre Oder Sale for 2011

paul sessel

Jeff Millard wrote:

Oh yeah I almost forgot... at the rate the prices are increasing for China manufacturing... it won't be long before compaines start moving their plants back to the US and hiring americans to work in them...

You are so right. There was a rumor about 2 years ago that someone was going to open a plant here. Never did come to fruition. A lot of the companies in China are looking to move out of China - Vietnam keeps coming up in conversations.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paul sessel

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• PaulXmas

WynsWrld98 wrote:

so warranty through the season means warranted only for one xmas, if break after that no warranty?

That is what I assume, but to be fair, that is what you get at any big box store, if not a bit better.

anyone know where i can get about 5 grand before the sale ends?

I am thinking about getting a grant writer to see if i can get some stimulis money

doug petschke wrote:

anyone know where i can get about 5 grand before the sale ends?

I am thinking about getting a grant writer to see if i can get some stimulis money

Hope you had some luck - we are getting ready to kick off the sale.

As we get ready to kick off the sale tomorrow, I thought I would explain how we do it for all newbies to our sale.

• You must call in your order. That way we can get all pertinent information to set up your account.
  • Once we get your order, we will E-mail you a Sales Order Conformation for you to approve (look it over real good, make sure address information is correct as well as the item and quantity information) These Sales Order Conformations may not go out the day you order, sometimes it takes a week for them to go out.
  • You will need to sign off on the order as correct (or make any changes) and than fax/E-mail it back before it is an actual order.
  • At that time, we will charge your credit card for a 50% deposit and your order is now complete.
  • When we get the inventory in (around June), we will than ship it to you and charge your card for the balance of the order plus shipping.

That's all she wrote!

paul sessel wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
If you want to see Paul's LED's in action, I have a video of the display posted here: http://www.vimeo.com/18190572

Watch how bright the flag is close up and far off.

You're looking at nearly 3K LED's.

Dude - I don't think you have enough lights out there! :dude:

Paul, any chance of offering those LEDs as a package?

WynsWrld98 wrote:

It just surprises me considering LEDs are quoted as having many thousands of hours of life and only standing behind them for one season makes me suspicious.

He has no control on how they are stored in the off season. Its reasonable to warrantee them when they show up, and during their first season of operation.

I built LED lights for the traffic industry and we warrantied them for 5 years, no questions asked. But they were mounted in the equipment and we knew what to expect. If they were installed and taken down over and over, it would have been a whole different story.

WOuld I like a 5 year warranty on LED lights? You bet! But that is unreasonable based on the unknown. Any argument you have to the contrary would have its merits (car warranties, etc...), but I would disagree.

Maybe some hot shot insurance company would like to underwrite LED Christams lights like Dell and the rest of the electronic/home appliance industry uses! And if you listen to Consumer Reports, they will tell you time and time again, the "extended warranty" is a waste of money.

Dino - KX6D

WynsWrld98 wrote:

It just surprises me considering LEDs are quoted as having many thousands of hours of life and only standing behind them for one season makes me suspicious.

I have been a very happy CDI customer since 2007. I have over 700 strings (over 40,000 LEDs) and have only had one string fail in the field, and it was on it's 3rd year.

paul sessel wrote:

garyfunk wrote:
Paul, any chance of offering those LEDs as a package?

No - we sell all lights by the case - sorry!

Don't be sorry. Just thought it might be nice to be all 30 strings in one package.

scubado wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
If you want to see Paul's LED's in action, I have a video of the display posted here: http://www.vimeo.com/18190572

Watch how bright the flag is close up and far off.

You're looking at nearly 3K LED's.

Which led's are you using in the flag?

LEDM6R100 - 10 strings

LEDM6B100 - 6 strings

LEDM6WW100 - 14 strings