Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there a point...

-klb-

For me, I've gone through it twice..

Both of them when I quit numbering controllers sequentially.. Once because I numbered the DC controllers in a separate sequence, and the one mounted on the front in a different sequence than the ones on the side of the house... After all, who wants to remember if 0C is on the side, or somewhere in the yard? If it is 5x, it is DC.. If it is >50, it is not on the side of the house.

In the other case, it was not so much location, but more a series if ID numbers for each controller type...

I have a pretty good idea for each, and an exact list of configured ID numbers, but I've quit counting them up...

Maybe it is because I don't want to know how much catchup I have to do at the house.... :shock:

I must not have enough controllers yet. (Either that or I have MORE remaining brain cells than most people think.) I can still remember how many there are. Let me go count them and I'll prove it to you...

I use the following ID scheme for my controllers, and it helps me immediately know in the channel config or wherever, what kind of controller it is. I keep adding controllers of different types and this allows for plenty of expansion.

Regular AC controllers - Numbers only = 99 maximum

Regular DC controllers - Number + letter = 60 maximum

Cosmic Color Ribbons - Letter + number = 51 maximum

DMX controllers - Letters only = 30 maximum

In my opinion, this method makes since for me and readily indentifies the type of controller connected and identifies the potential use of each of the 240 maximum controllers that can be connected to one network.

-klb- wrote:

In the other case, it was not so much location, but more a series if ID numbers for each controller type...

Oops.. Correction.. Series for each element type.. Arches are 31 through 35, 10 foot tall, 2D wireframe trees are 41 through 45. The 5 controllers for the lawn fan are 51 through 55...

Unfortunately, not everything is quite that logical, or organized... Especially ID numbers on the building...

George Simmons wrote:

I must not have enough controllers yet. (Either that or I have MORE remaining brain cells than most people think.) I can still remember how many there are. Let me go count them and I'll prove it to you...

Still counting?... :D:D

Do you need Jim to help you? :P:P

DonFL wrote:

George Simmons wrote:

Do you need Jim to help you? :P:P

Maybe he ran out of fingers and toes, or its too cold out to take off his gloves and shoes.:):)

I would like to see that LOR use a human conversion on the controllers. Let the software speak hex, but list it as a number.

shfr26 wrote:

DonFL wrote:
George Simmons wrote:

Do you need Jim to help you? :D:P

Maybe he ran out of fingers and toes, or its too cold out to take off his gloves and shoes.:):)

he wouldn't run out of fingers and toes to count his controllers on if he was counting in binary :)

D.T.