Light-O-Rama Forums

First year with LOR

Guest guest

I set up early this year so I could have a chance to work out some bugs. Take a look and give me your feedback.

A couple things jump out. I had troubles with Windows movie maker getting the sound and lights in sync. It is not this way watching it live. I do need to add a string of lights at the peak of the roof line and also possibly dump the medium sized tree chase at the end.

Well, what else?

http://home.mchsi.com/~siliconsurfer1/Coke.wmv

Bravo! I like it - never would have guessed this was your first time :happytree:

Question: at 1:03 (right after the Coca-Cola song finishes) the video goes blank, and I don't see or hear anything for the rest of the clip (another 2:15)...is the problem on my end, or is something wrong with the video?

dtrammell wrote:

Bravo! I like it - never would have guessed this was your first time :happytree:

Question: at 1:03 (right after the Coca-Cola song finishes) the video goes blank, and I don't see or hear anything for the rest of the clip (another 2:15)...is the problem on my end, or is something wrong with the video?

Sorry about that. It is also my first try at Windows movie maker. Not sure where I went wrong but when the lights go out, the show is over.

Don wrote:

I see a lot of Carson in that video. :)

(And is everyone using Coca-Cola this year? :? )

hehe. i agree. When I first got my LOR last year, the first sequence I did was very Carson as well.

Very good job though!

Very nice build up on the CC sequence. Definitely pulls you in so you want to see the next light event. Very well done!

The THX effects has a lot of left <-> right stereo separation. Your sequence does not take advantage of that. It probably will not matter much for cars on the street. With a little more side to side action you could turn that into a "made for video" sequence, forcing me to connect the projector and crank up the surround sound!

Great work!

Daniel L. Thanks!

GS, Thanks for the comments! On the THX, I really wanted to do something with the sound as you are saying but it would only hold true in the video as I live on the end of a T intersection. Everyones perspective would change with their choice of parking.

ShiningBright91, Thanks! I am unsure of the artist or the name of the song. About three months or so ago it was big in a thread on this forum. Try searching for it. I will give it a shot also but for now I am off to fix the mistakes I found in the videos.

Eric R
Your welcome!.. I searched but didn't have any luck finding it.. if you wouldn't mind sending me the MP3 of it when you get a chance I would really appreicate it! Just PM me if you would and I'll give you my email.

Crazyboy01
Thanks.. I made a of note it!

Hi,

How did you make your mega tree and with how many lights/channels. My mega tree will be with 16 channels and using red and white rope lights (8 red, 8 white).

Has anyone used rope lights even?

Thanks,

Luke

Eric,

The video looks great, and sure there is a little carson in your display, then agian every ones display incorerates a little something from everyones elses, great job thanks for sharing!!!

Hey Eric nice job man and this is your first year wow. this is my second year and mine aren't that cool. really nice job, Keep up the hard and great work. Now i want to get mine up......Hey does anyone have any cool new songs they are using this year? and Eric how many channels do you have?

Ralph

Luke, I have never tried rope lights but they should work. Mine is made with the standard flag pole. At the top I have a round 1/8" plate with a 1/2" center hole, 16 1/4" holes for lights and 4 1/4" holes for guy wires. The base is 1/2" PVC (3 ten foot sections coupled and wrapped into a circle. I am using 32 strings of lights with 16 channels.

East, Thank you

Ralph, I am running 96 channels (94 in use)

Wow, I feel severely Outclassed here. I'm only using 16 channels this year and doing a little tree farm. Looks like I have a ways to go.

I guess Mine will be a bit different as I'm not doing the entire house. Just a few things in the yard this year. Video will be up later...once everything is installed. Many ideas zooming through my head for next year though....

Eric yours looks awesome...

Very Nice!!