Light-O-Rama Forums

How many LOR's did you order?

Guest guest

lol, maybe we should have a special LOR section just for the wives to vent their frustrations out to each other. I myself have already been compared to Roy in Close Encounters of the Third kind and his fascination over that big mountain. lol

Now I haven't gone as far as making a LOR unit out of my mashed potato's on my dinner plate, but the thought has crossed my mind. lol.. jk

WHEN CAN I START SETTING UP CHRISTMAS LIGHTS???? AAARRRRGGG

luke

Hey Dave - Nice, I like the shocked wife - I think all of us have experienced that from time to time!

How do you like the light linkers?

Do you have any other controllers besides the eleven you bought?

I have five and programming 80 channels isn't as easy as it sounds - I can't imagine 176 channels!

Bill Jr.

Bill Jr. wrote:

Hey Dave - Nice, I like the shocked wife - I think all of us have experienced that from time to time!

How do you like the light linkers?

Do you have any other controllers besides the eleven you bought?

I have five and programming 80 channels isn't as easy as it sounds - I can't imagine 176 channels!

Bill Jr.

Bill, I love the Light Linkers -- one inside, one on each side of the drive, one on the roof. From what little testing I've done, they work great! As a noob, I am truly grateful for how easy this has become, thanks to pioneers who are a lot smarter than me (Dan) and the gracious help of the more experienced people on this board.

I've been hanging around the edges of this site and thinking about going computer-controlled for a couple of years now. But these are my first controllers, clearly violating the prevailing best-practices suggestion to start small. The problem was that once began programming last December, by the time I was done it was pretty involved. There is also likely quite a bit of inefficiency here and there that could have cut out channels as well. I'm sure that most folks here do more with 80 channels than I'm doing with my setup. (Here's an unlinked page where you can see what I'm up to if you get REALLY bored. http://www.thesandersons.org/LOR) But I'm also set for about any show I could want to program in the future using my current light layout.

Let me defend the "noob overkill" on the basis that I'm in advertising, so I like to think I have the advantage of going into a more complicated production with my eyes open. The part that I'm most out of my element is getting the lights themselves all strung right and keeping them lit. That part doesn't change no matter how many channels I have.

Thanks for asking.

First year here. Ordered 4 16-channel boards.

Not to mention all the extras and the Action Lighting snowflakes (20) and the FM transmitter and the.........

Wife saw the boxes then the invoices. Now I have to take her to Jamaica in March!!!

Bought 1x 16 channel LOR this year. I thought it would be enough to get started and keep me busy, but I can see how you go through 16 channels rather quick.

This is my first year using LOR. I used X10 in previous years just to turn lights on and off.

Probably invest in an FM transmitter before the year is over...and if LOR has another SAVE10 deal after Christmas, I'd buy at least 2 more 16 channel units.

After Christmas last year I bought a trunk full of string lights when Target discounted them to $0.49. Bought another trunk full when they dropped to $0.33!

Should have shopped around for some extension cords though...

Looks like 401 units so far. Surly Dan sold more than this to PC people.

Maybe Dan will give us a Est. of How many Units were sold this year.

I hope that LOR had a great year and plans to do even more Business next year.

Maybe they will even sale stock. LOR symbol is already taken on NYSE, so maybe LORI?

Great work LOR.

Bret

Zac_Cutt wrote:

Ok... NVM can't find the link. Is the topic Light count 2005 gone?

Hopefully it's locked.

It was an old thread. Didn't need to be added to.

Besides, we don't usually start light count type threads until December.