Light-O-Rama Forums

Final Instant Sequencer version available

BrianBruderer

The Instant Sequence feature is now in all of the SuperStar Sequence Editor versions. I have added some more themes to make a total of 30. You can use it with any number of ribbons and can specify how many of the ribbons you want to auto-sequence.

After downloading, do the following:

1- Click on the Tools menu and select Instant Sequence

2- Click on "Load Sample File"

3- Click on "Create Sequence"

4- Click on "Play/Stop Sequence"

It is fun to click on the "Roll Dice" button and then create another sequence.

You can sequence to your own audio files after importing a timing grid from the Beat Wizard and up to 3 timing channels using the VU Wizard. Enjoy!

Hey Brian,

Thanks for all your hard work over the weekend on the software. I tried the demo version and found it to be awesome. Can't wait to try the new one.

How do I upgrade my paid version to the new one with Instant Sequencer.

Ron.

bajantechie wrote:

Hey Brian,

Thanks for all your hard work over the weekend on the software. I tried the demo version and found it to be awesome. Can't wait to try the new one.

How do I upgrade my paid version to the new one with Instant Sequencer.

Ron.

I just now sent an email with a download link and activation code for version 1.5

Brian,

I would have to say that your software is pretty cool, yet expensive. I am considering it for next year, but before I plop down any sum of cash, what is your upgrade policy? Do you buy it once and get free upgrades for life? I wouldn't want to pay out $300 and find that the next few upgrades aren't included with that cost. Thx!

Wayne

WayneKremer wrote:

Brian,

I would have to say that your software is pretty cool, yet expensive. I am considering it for next year, but before I plop down any sum of cash, what is your upgrade policy? Do you buy it once and get free upgrades for life? I wouldn't want to pay out $300 and find that the next few upgrades aren't included with that cost. Thx!

Wayne

All those that purchase this years version will get next year's version at no extra cost. I don't want to punish those that buy it now.

By the way, the way I came up with the price is I took how many CCRs you can export to and took 10% of the cost of the CCRs. For example, the 4 CCR version is $99.95 and the cost of 4 CCRs is $1000.

I realize that in today's world my software prices are high, but it is a niche product and I can't expect to sell in large volumes so the price is high. Of course, the way I look at it, paying 10% of the cost of your CCRs to bring them to life is a bargain!

Thanks for responding Brian. :P So, if I plan on using your product next year, I would be better waiting until then in the hopes of getting an extra year of upgrades?

Wayne

WayneKremer wrote:

Thanks for responding Brian. :P So, if I plan on using your product next year, I would be better waiting until then in the hopes of getting an extra year of upgrades?

Wayne

I guess that's what I said, but that's not what I meant. I said "next year's product" because I didn't want to promise upgrades "forever for all software I ever write." So let me restate it more clearly:

You will get upgrades forever at no extra cost for the same product.

If you buy this year's product, you will get upgrades for that product forever. In addition, you will get any other product I produce next year at no extra cost. But I am not promising you will get a free copy of all software I ever write.

Hope that makes sense.

I was a bit disappointed in the demo but as you said originally the beta version was designed to work with 4 ccr's and I only have 1.

I will try the final beta version and if it performs well for one ccr I will be your next happily paying customer if for no other reason than I have no time to learn to sequence my ccr this year :(.

Did you happen to get a layout set for a 5 point star shape?

mbettez wrote:

I was a bit disappointed in the demo but as you said originally the beta version was designed to work with 4 ccr's and I only have 1.

I will try the final beta version and if it performs well for one ccr I will be your next happily paying customer if for no other reason than I have no time to learn to sequence my ccr this year :D.

Did you happen to get a layout set for a 5 point star shape?

What things were you disappointed in? The version that was that is out now will do 1 CCR but it will of course only apply one theme/color/movement combination to that CCR. Try it out and see if it works Ok for you.

I don't have the star layout. I could do that by this weekend.

It might be my confusion. I was a bit disappointed because your sample file looked really good and had all sorts of movements but when i tried to load one of my own files and have one ccr in a circle it didn't do much besided blink a few times.

I'll keep playing with it tonight and see if I can't get it to do something a bit more spectacular.

mbettez wrote:

It might be my confusion. I was a bit disappointed because your sample file looked really good and had all sorts of movements but when i tried to load one of my own files and have one ccr in a circle it didn't do much besided blink a few times.

I'll keep playing with it tonight and see if I can't get it to do something a bit more spectacular.

I would be disapointed in that too. The sequence creation is instant, but admittedly creating the timings is not. I have been so busy developing the software I have not imported alot of timings. The first one I tried was "Joy to the World" and it worked real well just by using the default values in the Beat Wizard and VU Wizard. Yesterday i tried "Wizards in Winter" and it worked Ok, but it has parts where the volume is loud for a long period of time and then soft for a long period of time, so during the soft periods I got very little and during the loud periods the channel was on for several seconds. So to get good channel timings would require changing the threshold and specifying a period of time, setting another threshold and period of time etc. It is a pain, but it sure beats sequencing the entire thing by hand.

Ok, I just played with the vu wizard and changing levels for different sections of songs. It works much better now.

One other thing is the software is obviously limited to one effect per instant creation. I'd like to have different effects for different parts of the songs so I'm thinking I could create a sequence and copy this to the section of song I want. Then create another different sequence and paste this into the other section, etc. Would this work?

I'm getting closer and closer to purchasing and if this works it'll push me over the edge.

mbettez wrote:

Ok, I just played with the vu wizard and changing levels for different sections of songs. It works much better now.

One other thing is the software is obviously limited to one effect per instant creation. I'd like to have different effects for different parts of the songs so I'm thinking I could create a sequence and copy this to the section of song I want. Then create another different sequence and paste this into the other section, etc. Would this work?

I'm getting closer and closer to purchasing and if this works it'll push me over the edge.

Yes that would work. You could save each one as a separate file and and the end copy paste them into a final version.

I am actually working on a version that allows different effects for different time periods of the song. I should have it done by this weekend. I know it is frustrating for you and for me. There is so much that can be done to expand on this but of course only so much I can do in the next few weeks before Christmas. The copy paste thing is a pain, but it really shouldn't be too bad for one CCR.

Excellent. Thank you for your continuing work. I realize you do have other things going on and can't get everything done at once. One of the great benefits of this whole system is being able to update it at any time so it's not like I'm stuck with one sequence once it's started.

Keep up the good work!

Brian at SuperStarLights was just at my house doing a video of the 4 CRR circles using the Instant Sequence and adding additional touches to the CCR's.

Really looks great and will be added to my overall display.

Last night I sequenced "Boughs of Holly" by TSO using the "Instant Sequence" feature. The vimeo link is:

http://www.vimeo.com/17355063

First off, I confess, the creation of a sequence with the "Instant Sequence" feature is only instant if you have good timing marks imported and if you want only one set of themes, colors, and movement for the whole sequence. To create "Boughs of Holly" I used different sets of themes, colors, and movements for different parts of the song (an ability that will be in this weekend's release). This is what it took:

1) Creating LOR file with grid created by Beat Wizard 15 min

2) Creating 3 timing channels using VU Wizard 45 min. This song has a wide range of volumes so I did 10 seconds at a time, resetting the threshold appropriately. If I had to do it over again I would make the channels come on and off more frequently.

3) Imported timings, applied different "instant sequence" effects to different regions of the song (The current released version cannot do multiple regions, this weekend I release this new feature). 60 min

4) Manual touch up. 60 min. The beginning and end of the song required a lot of manual work. The channels were not matching the song well. Did not have to do much at all to the middle of the song, maybe add or delete an effect or to in the transition between different sets of themes, colors, and movements

So it took me 3 hours. Not exactly instant but to create a sequence this complex in 3 hours is nothiing short of a miracle. My favorite part is at 2:00 into the video, the Staggered Twinkles create a good rotating effect, and it required nothing from me besides selecting 3 sets of themes, colors, and movements, and selecting a time region on the sequence.

There is much that could be added to this feature, but the video shows what you will be able to do with this weekend's release.

• The topic was locked