Light-O-Rama Forums

Musical Light Shows on LOR Website

Guest guest

Dan,

I love the sequences available on your website.

A few questions:

Do you have a date when they we will be able to purchase them?

Do you have a cost for a package price?

Are any new sequences coming out in the next two weeks?

Michael B

Hi,

We will hopefully have them for purchase tonight or tomorrow....

The package price will be $119.95 for 5 (5 for the price of 4)....

We have other sequences ready to sell but we are waiting on the music licenses. You have to get a special license agreement when the music is used with synchronized lights and it costs us a lot more per copy of song vs just getting a regular resale license like Napster uses.

LightORama wrote:

Hi,

We have other sequences ready to sell but we are waiting on the music licenses. You have to get a special license agreement when the music is used with synchronized lights and it costs us a lot more per copy of song vs just getting a regular resale license like Napster uses.

Are you prevented from selling sequences that correspond to music available from Napster or iTunes? Seems like that would get LightORama out of the hassle of the business of selling licensed music.

Just curious.

rsingletary wrote:

Are you prevented from selling sequences that correspond to music available from Napster or iTunes? Seems like that would get LightORama out of the hassle of the business of selling licensed music.

Just curious.

No, we are not prevented from doing that. However we think that from a customer support point of view we would prefer to provide the sequences complete with the audio files that are guarenteed to be in sync.

rsingletary wrote:

LightORama wrote:
Hi,

There is a thing called Synchronization rights. Its a special right... I talked with ASCAP a few years ago and they said do it yourself in a residential display... you have the right to play at your house, no problems drawing crowds to see music. But in Dan's position, if he is reselling the music for use with synchronization, well they got him and they can charge more because well the sequence is no good without the music so.... you get the idea.

I just put a small stockpile of Dasher sequences (importable to Light O rama) on my web page, http://www.rawlsroad.com

My attorney said I can let the songs for free, but I could be liable for syncronization right infringment JUST recommending where to go get the song... so he advised not even identifying that on the web page, but if you download my cache of songs (all in one zip file), you guys can e-mail me or write me here on planetchristmas and I can identify the song titles and artists this way without getting into synchro rights violations.

LightORama wrote:

rsingletary wrote:

Just curious.

No, we are not prevented from doing that. However we think that from a customer support point of view we would prefer to provide the sequences complete with the audio files that are guarenteed to be in sync.

Makes sense to me.

Thanks, Roger.

jmccorm wrote:

I'm stupid. Where on your website are these sequences?

The top button says HOW WE DO IT, on that page its a yellow hypertext right after the part where we strongly recommend Target Lights, Animated Lighting and Light-O-Rama products.

There are a couple junk sequences.... I did everybody dance now (self explanitory), Madonna's MUSIC (the song, Mr DJ put a record on, I wanna dance with my baby), these never got perfected as I started to work them in and fine tune but then I woke up and realized what do these songs have to do with Christmas? SO I abandoned development on these songs... although they fit the music reasonably well... Also I think since I had a burned up dasher relays on circuit #1 and #3, I duplicated circuits elsewhere instead of replace/repair relay.

The channel should be identified hopefully if LOR imports circuit names from Dasher properly, but you might have to copy/paste to reassemble in correct order.

Disco Jingle Bells and We Wish You a Merry Christmas - Starlight Pops Orchestra... God Bless America, available for Disney Records, its the 1976 Mainstreet Bicentennial Parade music. Jingle Bell Rock - Original artist himself Bobby Helms version from 1957....

Come to think about it, I DO identify most of the songs... If you click from main page on the button Christmas 2005, at the bottom of the page it has ASCAP media rights information for any of the songs still playing. Santa Baby which I retired is Destiny's Child version of the song... Feliz Navidad is original artist Jose Feliciano its exactly 3 minute version, Santa Claus Is coming to town... Disney Records, Christmas with Winny the Pooh - Tigger is singer of the song, Christina Aguilera Its Christmas Time... this is a wonderfully beautiful song - Highly recommended, although I have since completely reworked the song since porting to Animated Lighting because old version wouldnt work with color changes of my more recent displays. Billy Squire rock and Roll version of CHrismtas is the time to say I love you - very beautiful song. Hot in Here... that Rap song from a couple years ago... its getting hot in here so take off all your clothes... might not make since but it was cute with a snow man being male voice and reindeer being the girl's voices... now retired off my display. Last Christmas is for the 1998 hip hop remix of George Michael's Last Christmas this still plays on my display... Julie Andrews Joy to the World self explanitory... Porky Pig's Blue Christmas...self explanitory... The Eagle's - SO this is Christmas, easy to find this one... Billy Idol - White Christmas - Easy find, Joan Jett Deck the Halls, Shreck Christmas Carols Shreck the Halls... Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers - Once apon a Christmas....

If I forgot any... let me know...

(Sorry didnt mean to steal the thred, but I got bombed overnight with 230 E-mails asking for song information in my sequences so thought it best to just do it here as I'll be answering e-mails and PM's until Christmas if I had to do everyone individually)

Michael B wrote:

darrylb wrote:
Michael B wrote:
LOR is now selling their musical package. It comes with animated sequences for between songs:

http://store.lightorama.com/sepa.html

Michael B

Make sure you read the print...the package is a mailed CD.

Can you elaborate?

Michael B

Yes, according to what I read...when you place an order for all 5 sequences (package deal), they will mail you the sequences on a CD. But when individual sequences become available, they will be downloadable.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael B wrote:

Dan, thanks for the reply.

I'm going to buy a package, however I will wait a couple of weeks to see if you get some more rights to some of the songs you have ready.

Michael B

Dan I was wondering if anything new on getting the rights to any other songs you have sequenced?

I can still wait a little while longer.

Michael B

skibozo wrote:

Can the purchased sequences be modified?

I'm not Dan, but I sure they can be. I already know some areas I need to change to suit my display.

I'm going to save under a different file name when I make changes.

Michael B

Michael B wrote:

skibozo wrote:
Can the purchased sequences be modified?

I'm not Dan, but I sure they can be. I already know some areas I need to change to suit my display.

I'm going to save under a different file name when I make changes.

Michael B

Michael,

You may not be Dan BUT you have the right answer ! Do what you want to them BUT save a copy...