Light-O-Rama Forums
LightORamaJohn

Color Pixel Guide, Quickstart Guide Latest Firmware

I like dmoore here would like to know if if the rgb nodes will be available this year. As well as a ballpark figure on pricing. I'm hoping for a responce soon as I would like to figure out what I'm going to add this year before all the presales are over.

I agree. If we KNOW what to plan for LOR nodes, then we will not spend hundreds of thousands on other's solutions. I know I have about 5k budgeted for it this year but it would be nice to know what and when on the LOR nodes instead of what I am looking at now.

May not be possible of course- but I am always adding NEW stuff to my display and I prefer an official LOR solution over any other if they are available.
R

The Cosmic Color Bulbs will definitely be available this year and they will have a PLC option. The price has not been established so I cannot give you one yet.

Dan

The wire harness looks to be four conductor? Cutting the CCR ribbons was one thing, this looks much more doable. Question 1 is what maximum distance can you have between two nodes, and 2) will cutting the cable void the warranty?

I have enjoyed the CCR technology and this is something which can really take off. Looking forward to this becoming reality, and some improvements to the annimation visualizer?

Question on the CCB controller: how long is the lead from the controller to the lights? Can it be extended? (if so, how far?) have any suitable weather resistant housings been identified, that do well at minimizing the visual impact?

I too am interested in spacing between the CCB controller and the first bulb, and if it it can be extended. I've got a 10 to 15 foot gap between the eves and one controller 100 bulb 2 string package would do the job if I can bridge the gap.

Now that the CCB manual is out, we can close out the questions above about leader length and cutting the strings,

Leader length:
A bulb string is 26.5 feet long, 24.5 feet of bulbs on 6” centers and a 2 foot leader to the controller.

Warranty when cut
Note that LOR cannot warranty a bulb string that has been cut. LOR does stock bulb string sections that can be purchased should you damage your string.

OK, so I got the notice about the sale and was looking at the RGB Pixel strings, if I currently have 4 controllers connected via an RS485 adapter, how would the Pixel controller get connected?
Also, how would I connect more than 1 Pixel controller? Multiple 485's? or do they get daisy chained together?

jonnyci wrote:

OK, so I got the notice about the sale and was looking at the RGB Pixel strings, if I currently have 4 controllers connected via an RS485 adapter, how would the Pixel controller get connected?
Also, how would I connect more than 1 Pixel controller? Multiple 485's? or do they get daisy chained together?

The Pixel controllers daisy chain in just like any other controller that you have.

Dan

I followed the guide all the way thru to #6 Thats were i am having problem. IT's problely some thing simple, but im lost on this . Any help would be great. A tutorial video would be great, but have'nt found one yet.

Any pointers to information on the new firmware release for CCR's (1.17)?

I noticed on LOR's firmware, that there is an update (CCB 1.16 .lhx file). Am I correct in assuming this is an update for the CCP controllers too?

Now that the CCB manual is out, we can close out the questions above about leader length and cutting the strings,

Warranty when cut

Note that LOR cannot warranty a bulb string that has been cut. LOR does stock bulb string sections that can be purchased should you damage your string.

You can make your own extension chords, to lengthen the distance between the CCB string and the controller, using 10mm 4 wire pig tails/dongles.  This way you don't need to cut and extend the CCB strings.

I noticed on LOR's firmware, that there is an update (CCB 1.16 .lhx file). Am I correct in assuming this is an update for the CCP controllers too?

Got my answer from LOR. And the answer is YES.