Light-O-Rama Forums

imac

John2571

Can I run LOR S2 on the windows OS on the imac (it says on the apple website that you can run a windows OS on it and windows programs)

Hi John, you can so long as you have an Intel imac with at least 2gb ram, but it is just one more thing to go wrong.
How are you running windows in the mac? Boot camp, or with a virtual computer like Parallels or VMware.
If you dont have a windows computer set up in the apple yet, then i'd say take the money that you were going to use to buy windows and buy an old XP laptop.

ideal is dedicate a computer to LOR, it does not need to be anything fancy, does not even need to connect to the internet, it just needs to be stable so that you can run your show without fear of it crashing or locking up.

You could run a virtual windows computer inside of your imac using parallels, and use that to control LOR, but you have 2 operating systems to worry about, and with the money they want for parallels and windows 7, you can definately pick up a used laptop, dedicate it for the lights, and have one less thing to worry about.

yes you can make sure you use bootcamp dont use parallels, its too slow my works fine with bootcamp with no problems at all the biggest thing you have to learn is windows 7 lor 2 works fine on window 7