Light-O-Rama Forums

You call what you got a MegaTree???

TJ Hvasta

• 2 weeks later...

Orville wrote:

kingsislandtechservices wrote:
Orville wrote:

The one in Orlando is (or was) static. It just lit up, didn't do anything. Haven't been out that way in several years now, so it may have changed at the Orlando FL Sea World. Anyone know?

In the orlando sentinel today:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-seaworld-holidays-competition-20101125,0,2508966.story

Hmmm, very interesting. Wonder what product they are using to animate their 3 story trees to music? Didn't see any mention of how they did it, just that the trees are synched to Holiday music.

Of course, this now means I've got to find some way to pay those (horrid, overpriced-{my opinion}) admission fees so the wife and I could go check it out. Don't know if we'll get to do it or not. But I'd sure like to see what they've done this year (2010).

My wife and daughter were at sea world for the 5K cancer walk/run saturday, said the park looked incredibly decked out, lots of lights, so guessing they have stepped it up a bit this year.

I'm still partial to H'wood Studios..will be tough to beat that one.

Don

I was thinking about going to one of the parks this year. Is hollywood studios the best or is the main disney park good?

chris mashburn wrote:

Don

I was thinking about going to one of the parks this year. Is hollywood studios the best or is the main disney park good?

Depends on kids and age, and time of year.

Hollywood Studios would not be my first choice, though it is ok. At Christmas time, you absolutely need to see it.

For young kids, you still can't beat Magic Kingdom. Adults, and older kids, Epcot is my choice. Animal Kingdom is fine, but never really spun my head around.

Bubba in NV wrote:

The winds here blow over and flatten chain link fences. Anything over 12 inches high has to be force 10 wind proof here. The high desert of Nevada...

Looks like that could almost happen here today (Sunday 12/12/2010) in our area of Orlando, FL. We're getting some hefty wind gusts and I'm watching some of the "weaker" parts of my display (candy canes tied with lights and tinsel) to make sure they don't get pulled up and blown away. Don't think they'd actually get too far since everything is tied together with zip ties on the cords and some anchored into the ground with ground stakes or tied to other things. But you never know.

I think the winds are gusting (from a rough guess) up to 60 mile per hour, possiblky higher, just know the trees are getting bent over like in a hurricane or a hard tropical storm. And of course, there's also some light rains so far mixed in as well. Just waiting to see if it gets any worse. Know it's supposed to bring in some really cold (freezing?) weather this evening.

Hope everyone else's display in our area stays safe and sound with this atrocious weather we're having today. Guess it could be worse, could be snowing (which very, very, very rarely happens in our region!)

• The topic was locked