Light-O-Rama Forums

testing my Flip...............

Mike Cole

Thanks Don, the big balls in the tree are quite simple. I took some heavy wire and made rings. Then I put 3 rings together to make a ball shape, wrap them with minis and wire ties and hang em.......Theres 11 channels for the balls...........

• 2 weeks later...

Mike - I just watched a few more of your videos. What an awesome job! You have such an excellent setting... I'm simply too jealous for words. If you don't mind me asking, which Flip model is that?

After watching your videos, I will not be able to post anymore videos because they will not compare to yours, thanks. Absolutely awesome job! :)

Thanks again guys........George, the camera is the Ultra HD....no features, just point-n-shoot....still waiting for your videos..........lol.......................Mike

Mike Cole wrote:

still waiting for your videos...

Yeah, me too. With the ice storms we've had, the snow and near-record cold, then the rain, I'm still looking forward to an evening nice enough to shoot some video. I did one night and it turned out totally crappy - hence my interest in your camera. I wonder how the one you have would do in my setting where there's so little ambient light in this block that my yard provides an almost perfect dark background for the lights. Looks great in person but seems to present some difficulties for a video camera...

I tried a friends camcorder and soon put it back in the bag after I saw the test footage. I should have my Flip within a few days - I'm now convinced it a great way to video the house after viewing your videos...top notch job! So far, the only video on my website is from my iPhone with the quality knocked down a bit so it'll load quicker. I can't wait to replace it.

Sounds cool but without the option of powering the camera directly I foresee issues with battery life when used for streaming.

Thanks again guys. The Flip definitely did help with my videos. Take a look at George's new vids also shot with a Flip, they are much improved too. This camera is not a high end, feature packed piece of hardware, but to shoot Christmas lights on the cheap, I like it.......Mike

I used my hd flip last year and it was a vast inprovement...the only problem I had was with the wind and the neighborhood sound bleeding in. I just dubed my video with the mp3s when I made my DVD.

• 4 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked