Light-O-Rama Forums

One Controller goes crazy after loss of data

Guest guest

I've had to unplug part of the data cable on a number of occasions to add a controller or re-route something. Everytime I do this, I've got one board that goes crazy. All channels turn off and one channel just sits there and blinks. Why does that happen? Every board except that one come back up as soon as I plug the cable back in. That particular board has to be power cycled before it will work again.

dscwhab9 wrote:

I've had to unplug part of the data cable on a number of occasions to add a controller or re-route something. Everytime I do this, I've got one board that goes crazy. All channels turn off and one channel just sits there and blinks. Why does that happen? Every board except that one come back up as soon as I plug the cable back in. That particular board has to be power cycled before it will work again.

Depending on which board you have, there's a jumper that can be removed to prevent issues like this. Sorry I can't be more specific, but if you search the LOR archives at the old board you might run across the info.

-Tim

Not sure what is happening with that card but I would reset it to see if that helps.

To reset it:

1. Power off, set unit ID to "00", Power ON (led blinks fast)

2. Power off, set Unit ID back to original value, Power on