Light-O-Rama Forums

@^$%#@^ weather

George Simmons

From the "Wish I Was Down South file: We're forecast to receive 7-10 inches of white joy today. Ducky... I've got about 25% of my lights/devices still awaiting deployment and about a mile of extension cords that still need to be laid out and connected. Should be interesting... tell me again why I still live in this foresaken part of the country...

George Simmons wrote:

From the "Wish I Was Down South file: We're forecast to receive 7-10 inches of white joy today. Ducky... I've got about 25% of my lights/devices still awaiting deployment and about a mile of extension cords that still need to be laid out and connected. Should be interesting... tell me again why I still live in this foresaken part of the country...

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Astatula+FL+34705

You're always welcome to visit...don't forget to pack your flip flops...:P

Seriously, I have to do a full-court press to get everything done before end of month (pleading newbie ignorance, and, am convinced someone stole a month from the calendar..), so am praying the 10 day forecast is accurate.

We have been very lucky to be in the 50's and 60's. It is normally in the 30's, and the ground is usually frozen by now. I am taking advantage of the nice weather. Well, time to get out and git 'r dun!

Just wait 'till all of this slushy stuff freezes, the roads are already bumpy. You're going to need a jackhammer to pound anything into the ground. So much for the aluminum stakes I like to use.

I still need together onto the first story roof to add more lights and connect the controllers. May as well be wearing Rollerblades.

Just wait 'till all of this slushy stuff freezes, the roads are already bumpy. You're going to need a jackhammer to pound anything into the ground. So much for the aluminum stakes I like to use.

I still need together onto the first story roof to add more lights and connect the controllers. May as well be wearing Rollerblades.

The grass is always greener, Oh wait your grass is probably dead?
The one thing my display needs to really look like christmas is snow.
So yes, you have to set up in the cold, snow. But on the bright side, you get
to set up in the cold snow!:P

Mountainwxman wrote:

Here you go George... This is how my day is looking:

http://www.highcountrylights.com/weather.html

William,

I thought George was your friend.

George, I am ashamed that William did that to you, I would never tell you that my weather today is just like William's. That would be mean, so I won't say it.

Guest wbottomley

George Simmons wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Here you go George... This is how my day is looking:

http://www.highcountrylights.com/weather.html

Thanks Bill - always nice to know there's someone around to kick a fellow when he's down.  Enjoy your next hurricane...

LMAO!

4 mega trees completed and now the building & mini trees should be on tap for Sunday.

Oh... by the way, it's suppose to be near 60 tomorrow with full sunshine and hurricane season is ending in 2 weeks, lol.

shfr26 wrote:

I agree, the only difference down here is it's warmer, still working in shorts and sweating!

Yea, but I'm looking at my weather station now, and it says 59...so definitely fall weather..:)

George Simmons wrote:

tell me again why I still live in this foresaken part of the country...

because of all those nasty things you say about me...

karma is a bitch, huh George? LOL

Jeff Millard wrote:

Did it melt yet?

Actually most of it HAS melted. Although to be completely forthcoming, we really got very little snow - less than an inch. The 7-10" stuff moved farther east and blasted the Twin Cities and Wisconsin. Good for them. But thanks for asking Jeff. I was really worried what I was going to do with that much wet snow right now.

I'm not exactly a religious person, but I've taken this snow storm failure reprieve as a sign that maybe I should be nicer to Jim. Maybe I should stop saying out loud the things that most everyone else is thinking as we watch him lead himself down a dead end street... or maybe I should just sit back and stifle my urge to post his score following one of his elegant swan dives into operator error. Perhaps I should just be content with the easy laugh without trying to pull a Bottomley on him when he's down. It's just that it's so much fun... and he makes it so easy. I'll have to think about that...