Light-O-Rama Forums

1 channel misfiring

wallleyes

Put up my mega tree today with 4 pc controllers.Seems that on my controller #2 channel 1 it comes on when its not supposed to.I have went through and tested every channel and they all test out just fine.Could this be as simple as a reset?Any ideas?

So, you have verified in the Hardware utility that all of the lights are wired to the right channel and all channels are only firing when they should? Ok, back in the seq. And have you checked out the verifier utility and there are no errors or have you gone to each channel settings and confirmed that only one has controller #2 channel 1?

if you have checked operation in the Hardware utility. Then I would not think that resetting would do anything for you. But hey I have been working with electronics long enough to know what F.M. means and it is not about broadcast radios. So, it only takes a few seconds to do a controller reset.

How do you reset a controller? By just unpowering it?The verifyer shows 3 errors but are all no show schedule errors or to do with shows.

I reassigned the controller id to unit 2.The only time the channel misfires is when its playing a sequence.Its still doing it after power off the controller.

To reset a PC series controller:

Remove power
Remove the jumper on the second row of pins
Apply power for a few seconds, a different blink pattern should establish, and repeat
Remove power
Put the jumper back on the second row of pins
Re-apply power
Test again.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Max-Paul wrote:

Thanks Kevin,

Some of you kids stay up way to late. But then too I used to do that some years ago. ;)

No problem!

Actually...I'm up late every night M-F. I work third shift...so I sometimes get a jump on the forum.

Today i put up the rest of my display.I swapped out the #2 controller on the mega tree.I still have the problem with that channel misfiring.I also see another one one my house.So i have ruled out the controller as the problem.I thinkthis may have something to do with changing channel grids after i started sequencing.(I remember seeing a post about this.)I also added a 13th controller and only am using a 3 channel santa from wow lights.He was not blinking properly tonight either.I even unplugged him because of how bad it was.Now how do i fix this if it is indeed the problem?

wallleyes wrote:

So i have ruled out the controller as the problem.
I think this may have something to do with changing channel grids after i started sequencing.
I also added a 13th controller and only am using a 3 channel santa from wow lights.He was not blinking properly tonight either.I even unplugged him because of how bad it was.
Now how do i fix this if it is indeed the problem?

Sounds like you need to correct your sequence so that it sends the correct commands to your controllers.

I have over 50 sequences done.To add to that a co worker has sequenced more then half of them with the demo software.I have went through and tested every controller.Today it did not recognize controller 13 which had my santa on it.He now works like he should.I am kinda lost as to what to do.Every controller has been tested for each channel and the misfiring channels never turn on during testing.Only when playing a sequence do they misfire.The one strand of blue lights that comes on when my mega tree is all red really sticks out.

Problem fixed.It was 2 conflicting channels.Set to the wrong circut in the channel grid.I also had to learn how to use the verifyer.