Light-O-Rama Forums

stand alone controller

Guest guest

need help on creating standalone controller. Have gone to the hareware section, and I am drawing a blank, on what to do?

Do i need to make an animated sequence ?

need a step by step walk thru,

Gil

Gil,

Yes you do need an animation sequence. If you go into the help file, and look for "Downloading Sequences" under the Hardware Utility, there is writeup on how to do this.

But basicly, First create an Animation Sequence using the Sequence Editor. Make sure that the channels are assigned to the LOR controller you are going to download it into. ( Ususally you download into 01 so make sure that the channels are configured to control unit "01"...

Connect your unit to the PC, power it up and click Refresh in the Hardware Utility.

Once you have the sequence created, go into the Hardware Utlity and click on "Standalone"

Select the file and download it.

If Dan doesn't beat me to it ...

First, you need to create the animation sequence that you want to run. This is done with the sequence editor. Simply "File -> New -> Animation" and program your sequence.

Then you will need to load up the hardware editor. Select your controller by hitting the refresh button, then using the drop down to select the unit.

Click "Standalone."

Click "open" and select your sequence.

Click the download button, and the sequence will be sent to your contorller. Test the sequence by hitting the test button.

You should be good to go at that point.