Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Firmware 1.07 11/1/10

LightORamaJohn

Beta version 1.07 firmware for the CR150D Color Ribbon Controller:

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/CCR150D_V1-07.lhx

Adds new twinkle and dazzle color effects that select one of the colors rather than a random combination of the selected colors. For example, Twinkle in Red and Green produces pixels that are red, green, yellow or off. Twinkle in Red or Green produces pixels that are only red, green or off. Adds strobe macro effects. Does not require power cycling when changing the configuration.

Dazzle & Twinkle Color Effects:

• 19 Dazzle in Red or Green
  • 20 Dazzle in Red or Blue
  • 21 Dazzle in Green or Blue
  • 22 Dazzle in Red or Green or Blue
  • 23 Twinkle in Red or Green
  • 24 Twinkle in Red or Blue
  • 25 Twinkle in Green or Blue
  • 26 Twinkle in Red or Green or Blue

Macro Effects:

• 11 Strobe All - All pixels strobe simultaneously. Macro submode channel controls the 'ON' time from 8.33ms to 833ms (default if 0 is 25ms.) Macro effect channel controls the period of the strobe (ON+OFF time) from about 3 secs to pretty much continuous.
  • 12 Strobe Random -- Pixels strobe individually. Macro submode channel controls the 'ON' time from 8.33ms to 833ms (default if 0 is 25ms.) Macro effect channel controls the frequency or sparseness of the strobe pulses.

No problems at all with the beta firmware. Every mode worked as stated for me.

Loved macro mode 12 random strobe the most. When used with a blinking color effect it was off a lot. When only one blinking option was used at a time it was a very cool effect.

Since this is a beta release, are you accepting other ideas still? All the modes lack a background option. They just control the moving pattern. Is there anyway to assign a color to the static 'off' and move the pattern over that background?

Idea...color effect 27...would mean to use the color in the first RGB set as the moving pattern (as usual when color mode is not used) and then use the color in the second RGB set as the background color which the pattern moves over.

OR... I like this better
Use the first RGB set as the background color for all color modes. Normally this is all off when a color mode is used.

The strobe effect is awesome. It really mimics strobe lights when I have a white color effect. Thanks!

Thanks Bob for the update! I'll definitely be using it....

Wayne

ItsMeBobO wrote:

kzaas wrote:
Is there a place to find a list of all of the macros and effects for the CCR's?

http://lightorama.com/Documents/CR150D_Man_Web.pdf

The two new Beta ones are not in there yet.
Thanks, I have that manual but it's not very informative. I have been programming my CCR manually, can you mix Macros and manual programming?

kzaas wrote:

Thanks, I have that manual but it's not very informative. I have
been programming my CCR manually, can you mix Macros and manual programming?

Sure you can mix them. The macros are a quick and easy alternative to manual programming for basic patterns. But there is currently no visual representation on the animation. Its also a little hard to set the intensities until you get the hang of it.

At the risk of being too obvious a second time.
Have you looked at this ? http://itsmebob.com/MacroMaestro.exe
All the macro modes in one little program.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Has anyone else tried the beta firmware?

I upgraded my 4 ribbons w/o any trouble. While I am still setting up, I did run several sequences and played with the strobe effect and everything looks "normal". No problems noted.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Has anyone else tried the beta firmware?

Unfortunately I have had some trouble with my new CCR controllers, 1st one upgraded no problem to 1.07. second unit had polling errors during down load and the load failed. The hardware utility would not access the unit after that and the AUX light is no longer lit. after rebooting the system and re-powering the controller, the controller is now listed as 01 - BootLoader-RB150.

I have tried reloading all firmware versions to no avail, status response is "Load Failed" stating error "invalid data block response"

Having updated my LOR controllers many times over the years, and never having encountered a problem, I thought this was just an anomaly as the first CCR updated without a problem. So I rebooted the whole system tested my 3rd controller it seemed to operate fine so I proceeded to update it. As soon as the AUX light went out and it started to poll error I knew I had over confidently made a mistake. So I am not updating any more units till I speak with the techs on this one.

Oh well, serves me right for wanting the latest beta toy.:?

Dean

dean454 wrote:

Unfortunately I have had some trouble with my new CCR controllers, 1st one upgraded no problem to 1.07. second unit had polling errors during down load and the load failed. The hardware utility would not access the unit after that and the AUX light is no longer lit. after rebooting the system and re-powering the controller, the controller is now listed as 01 - BootLoader-RB150.

I have tried reloading all firmware versions to no avail, status response is "Load Failed" stating error "invalid data block response"

Having updated my LOR controllers many times over the years, and never having

This sounds like a cabling or RS485 adapter problem. I would try different cables, both USB (if applicable) and RS485 adapter to controller. If still no good, try a second adapter, a different PC if possible and both connectors on the controllers. It's really unlikely that two CCRs controllers are defective.

Call me paranoid, but there's no way in hell I'd even CONSIDER upgrading either software or firmware 2 weeks prior to First Light. The last thing I need this time of year is to be saddled with errors and bugs.

LightORamaJohn wrot

This sounds like a cabling or RS485 adapter problem. I would try different cables, both USB (if applicable) and RS485 adapter to controller. If still no good, try a second adapter, a different PC if possible and both connectors on the controllers. It's really unlikely that two CCRs controllers are defective.

Thanks John,

Success!!:)

I swapped in a 15" USB cable and a new cat5 cable and re flashed the units and they took the firmware without a hitch!!

This is why I don't fear upgrades from LOR products, great equipment and great people at every turn always able to put forward a workable solution.

My hats off to LOR and it's helpful forum users:)

Dean

Congrats Dean,

I am happy for your success. I can't imagine Christmas without your 2 CCRs working.:) BTW I second the LOR compliments, great folks.

Ron.

Unfortunately, I am just starting out with the CCR's so I do not have any sequences built for this year :(. The CCR's will just be rotating colors on the house this year, very basic.

Next year my daughter who actually has some musical ability (not like myself lol) says she wants to program a display, so I will set her free with a laptop and see what the enthusiasm of youth can churn out :)

Dean

• 3 months later...