Light-O-Rama Forums

Guess you could say I got some LED light today for my LOR (see Photo)

Guest guest

Ok, I wiped out Sam's CLub of all their Blue LEDs, and Costco I wiped out almost all their white LEDS. I'm cornering the market on LEDs!

I guess next week I can expect a subpeona from Eliot Spitzer!

These are for my eight 30" mini trees, which will have 300 white LEDs and 360 blue LEDs each, or 660 LEDs for each tree. My 8 mini trees in the front yard will total just under 5000 LED lights!

Attached files 72458=4447-DSC04599.JPG

I did buy five boxes of the Costco white LED. Every time I go I pick up a couple of boxes because I see how much faster the white is selling over the multi.

...and may I add that you have a very nice telescope on the right side there.

You know it! I bught that scope in 2002 just in time for the 5 planet alignment and waited 6 months on backorder to get it, because it was MEade's new high end 12" LX200GPS which electrically tracks the planets and aligns automatically with the help of GPS satellites.

It's the predecessor to this current Meade model:

http://meade.com/lx200r/index.html

I just made 2 medium trees 54'' floral easel, with 600 and 800 lights on them. And I found that the weight of the lights start to be a problem, so let me know how you do with 660 on only a 30'' frame. Maybe the smaller frame will not have the same problem.

Good Luck!:)

What do you think of the Sam's 180 count White and Blue LED strings? They looked great in the display, very bright. I wonder what they look like when they aren't all pointing directly at you like they were in the display. Wow! 180 on a string!

The Sam's near me hasn't even received their LEDs yet. They have a display but no lights. I've been bird doging every day. I'm planning to buy a bunch if they ever get 'em in. How much did you pay for a string?

Edit: The box contains 3 - 60 count strings for 180 leds total per box.

Here's what they look like plugged in with the room lights on. I love their shape, they look like the old flat topped police car lights. They are smaller than normal mini lights, but probably look the same at a distance.

Attached files 72998=4496-led1.JPG