Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence output volume adjustment??

Jim Miller

Hello. I have an issue with my Christmas show where one of the songs plays at a noticeably lower volume than the others. I haven't found an adjustment in the literature or the forum. Has anyone else encountered a similar situation, and, if so, how was it resolved??

Thanking you in advance,

--Jim--

Open up the files in audacity. Use the normalize tool to adjust the volume, and export them again. Or if you have mp3 files, there is an often referenced package called mp3gain that can adjust the playback levels of the file.

LOR itself just winds up playing everything at 50% volume. No ability to adjust. So I always wind up making sure Zara Radio is set at 50% as well.

I'm kind of surprised that nobody has proposed a feature of adding a special channel type for volume, that allows values from 0 to 100%, and just passes the current value to media player.. Then most files could be set at 75%, and those that need a little boost or trim could be set higher or lower... It would also allow some adjustment in fade in and fade out, without having to learn a separate audio package.

You have to adjust the media. I use mp3's and there is a free program available called mp3 gain. The program works great as you can batch process all your music files. I use a setting of 91db. The nice part about this program as it does not physically alter the song, just the playback information in header.

Some refer to this as normalization. Technically it is not but that's another conversation.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php

Doh. KLB is correct about Audacity. Another great free program that will normalize audio (it does this in it's native format than converts to either wav or mp3).

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/