• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jcraigcx

• caniac

• PMC

• scubado

To make the ghost fabric glow an errie blue and really pop out, use Rit Whitener. You can buy it at the grocery store. Or use any blueing agent from the detergent aisle. I soaked the cheese cloth for about 15 minutes, wrung it out, then hung it out on the fence to air dry. Took not time to dry. This was my first time to make a Flying Crank Ghost, and I made it in a few hours this weekend.

I caught a virus on my home computer two weeks ago and lost everything. I bought a laptop so I could continue with work, but was giving up onprograming for Halloween and Christmas again. Last week my wife talked me back into buying a cheapo used home computer just for LOR. Thank you everyone that has posted a sequence on the LOR sequence site. I think I can get some songs done for Christmas now. I got some for Halloween so I am back in the saddle again. I HIGHLY suggest that you back up all your work on LOR. I know that I will never make that mistake again.

Carl G

• 8 months later...

I'm looking to sequence this song this year. Is there anyway you could send me the sequence you did in the video? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Dan C wrote:

Excellent job. Any chance you would share the sequence?
not only share the sequence but I am now having ghost envy!!

Question, where did you get the strobe?

Love the ghost I need to build 2 of these for this year

and I never ask for a sequence, but..... I wouldn't mind using yours for this Halloween.

my wife and son want me to get more "scary" this Halloween, and the ghost will be perfect

here's my website:
http://hdhalloween.com

Hi guys. Thanks for the kind words about the sequence. My mailbox is filled with tons of requests and I'll start going through it. I'm happy to share the sequence, but I'm not comfortable handing out the .mp3... just don't think thats cool, especially when you can get it for .99 cents at Amazon.

In the mean time, I also sequenced This is Halloween by Manson last year. You can see it on my website, along with some photos of the setup:

http://www.pincrush.com

We just moved to a new place in the spring. Went from tiny front yard to a couple of acres, so I'm not quite sure how to pull off a decent display with current equipment. Need more LEDs for sure.

Thanks,
Craig

jcraigcx wrote:

Hi guys. Thanks for the kind words about the sequence. My mailbox is filled with tons of requests and I'll start going through it. I'm happy to share the sequence, but I'm not comfortable handing out the .mp3... just don't think thats cool, especially when you can get it for .99 cents at Amazon.

In the mean time, I also sequenced This is Halloween by Manson last year. You can see it on my website, along with some photos of the setup:

We just moved to a new place in the spring. Went from tiny front yard to a couple of acres, so I'm not quite sure how to pull off a decent display with current equipment. Need more LEDs for sure.

Thanks,
Craig
add me to the list of those wanting a copy of the sequence!! Will check the website for the ghost!! thanks.

jcraigcx wrote:

Thanks,
Craig

Craig why not just post the sequence file here? Just use the browse button(located at the bottom of the post window), locate the sequence you want to upload and upload it, then folks could just download it from here.

I already own the MP3, so I just need the sequence.

For example, here's an 80 channel sequence that I did for my 2010 show, "Come Little Children" the MP3 I recorded directly from my DVD movie Hocus Pocus as it is not available on the movie soundtrack album.

But if you just upload your sequence here, then folks can just download it, the sequence DOES NOT contain the MP3 file, so there'd be no problem posting it here.

Just a suggestion and my example below shows how it will show up in your post.

Attached files 002-Come Little Children.lms

jcraigcx wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Orville. I was making this too hard. Sequence attached.

-Craig
how about Tubular Hell?

caniac wrote:

jcraigcx wrote:

-Craig
how about Tubular Hell?

My mistake... fixed it.

-Craig

jcraigcx wrote:

caniac wrote:
jcraigcx wrote:

-Craig
how about Tubular Hell?

My mistake... fixed it.

-Craig
thanks!

jcraigcx wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Orville. I was making this too hard. Sequence attached. -Craig

(corrected attachment)

Glad to be of help. That sure made it a LOT easier on you didn't it?:)

And so I know where I get sequences from I actually create a subfolder in my LOR/Sequences folder using the persons forum name. This way I know where and who I got the sequence from!

And thanks for sharing it!:cool:

BTW: If anyone does download my "Come Little Children" sequence, found elsewhere in this thread, and needs the MP3 version I created for it, please PM me for it.

I know we don't normally share MP3 files, but this one IS NOT for sale anywhere, so I am making my version available to anyone that wants it. (I looked everywhere to purchase it for my 2010 Halloween show with no luck.)

Like stated, there is no soundtrack version available that I could find or know of, when I was searching for it, so I recorded directly from the movie itself and created my own custom edited version of the song.

The MP3 I have, and again, edited down is only 31 seconds in length I used it as the 1st or last song in my show.
"Come Little Children" MP3 File size is around 741kb.

If you want it, just PM me and I'll tell you where you can get it.

jcraigcx wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Orville.  I was making this too hard.  Sequence attached. -Craig

(corrected attachment)

do you have a link to the version of the song you used?

Thank you

John

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is July and I just finished my 1st Phantom Ghost, it wasn't hard to build at all and I purchased the materials at
Drillspot.com for the Granger motor (half price + free shipping)
and Lowes for the wood and hardware,
Wal-Mart for the cheesecloth and RIT Brightner,
and a Hair Salon for the foam head

I thought about LED's for the eyes but I used white out to add a brighter reflection than the rest of the head

total cost was $86

Now the wife says I have to put it away

Here's my video for it.

If anyone wants a fairly good source for LED's of all varieties here is the site I use http://www.besthongkong.com They are a pretty good supplier and it generally only takes 2 weeks to get the products to my front door from China, most of that time is the US Postal Service......don't get me started. I have been buying LED's from them for about 7 years now and I have made tons of Spots, Floods, Eyes, accents, etc.

One company I also like is http://shop.minispotlight.com/ I have met the guy that owns it several times and he is very helpful.....he also buys from BHK but in major bulk. His operation is a family business, his wife make the brass tubes and handles the orders, his son handles the soldering and wiring and he handles everything else like making the bread boards and packaging.