Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Graveyard Show - Video

jcraigcx

Here is a video of my Lightorama yard haunt. The song is Tubular Hell by Van Helsing's Curse. 16 channel LOR. Lighting is 7 18LED spots from minionsweb.com, 5 regular 100w floods from Home Depot, a cheapo strobe from Walmart, a really nice 75w Chauvet strobe, 2 flaming cauldrons, and some Walmart pumpkins. FCG lit by 4 ft black light and has black felt curtains hanging behind it to crush the ambient light.

Hope you like it:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jcraigcx

• caniac

• PMC

• scubado

ryebred wrote:

That ghost is neat with its eery blue glow. Did you make the ghost yourself or buy it somewhere?

Thanks! My son and I made it over a weekend back in September. Google Flying Crank Ghost for lots of information. If you look at my channel on YouTube, you'll find a couple of other vids of just the ghost (including how its done).

The steady on ghost really balances everything out. Without it , it would just seem very flashy. The effect of steady with flashy works perfectly.

Great song too.

Love it!!!

Brian Mitchell wrote:

The steady on ghost really balances everything out.  Without it , it would just seem very flashy.  The effect of steady with flashy works perfectly.

Great song too.

Love it!!!

Thanks Brian. I'm learning how best to do this (my first sequence), so yes I agree, even with the ghost, this is very flashy. Especially with the LEDs instant on/off characteristics. I've thought about going back and pulling out some of it. I made some other sequences where I'm trying to do more fading in and out and not be quite so aggressive. Hopefully I'll improve as I go.

It does help when the fog machines are running as they soften it up a bit.

jcraigcx wrote:

ryebred wrote:
That ghost is neat with its eery blue glow. Did you make the ghost yourself or buy it somewhere?

Thanks! My son and I made it over a weekend back in September. Google Flying Crank Ghost for lots of information. If you look at my channel on YouTube, you'll find a couple of other vids of just the ghost (including how its done).

Looks Creepy! :) Love the ghost.

I looked at the other videos, but couldn't find the one on how it's made, could you provide a link to it?

scubado wrote:

I looked at the other videos, but couldn't find the one on how it's made, could you provide a link to it?

Here is the instructions that a lot of people seem to follow. I plan on making this next year for my display. Not enough time this year to do it.

http://www.kickthefog.com/crank_ghost.htm

Wow! Excellent job of sequencing. Like the others, I really like the FCG always being illuminated, while the light show happens around it. But what really impresses me is the way you determined the important musical points and pulled them to the forefront using only sixteen channels. Really proves the utility of the LOR controller.

And that killer strobe . . .

Wow! (I know, I said it before.) Really well done!

Cray

I saw a pretty good looking ghost at Party City today that has wrists and neck bound by chains and a cheese cloth material that could work for making it glow. Might be too stiff to animate though. currently $40.