Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pyrodigy

MiniDirector new Firmware problem

Recommended Posts

Orville wrote:

I DO NOT BELIEVE THESE ARE LHX FIRMWARE SUPPORT FILES at the below twoi listed URLS!!! As these ARE NOT BEING DOWNLOADED from the LOR SUPPORT AREA!

http://www.2shared.com/fadmin/16742399/d207f9d7/mDM_MP3_V100.txt.html

http://www.2shared.com/document/riNT6FR-/mDC_MP3_V4-10.html

To download the LATEST LOR FIRMWARE you should be going here: (NOT to the site urls listed above!)
http://www.lightorama.com/support.html

The latest firmware for the DC_MP3 player is: DC_MP3_V3-3.lhx

The latest firmware for the mDM_MP3 Director is: mDM_MP3_V1.00.lhx

I think these folks, if they are downloading the files from the first two urls listed above are trying to load some type of TeXT file, and is why the download and update is not working. The urls posted apperar to be a MUSIC SHARING SITE, NOT a LOR SUPPORT SITE!

I also believe that the mDM-MP3 "Mini Director" and the DC_MP3 "LOR Showtime Director" ARE TWO DIFFERENT DEVICES and the firmware in each IS NOT COMPATIBLE with the other! So if you try to download the firmware from one into the other, the hardware utility WILL NOT ALLOW IT! I know, I tried it, it refuses it, and gives an error message just like these two folks are getting.

So I think they are trying to download a file that isn't really a firmware upgrade, at least not from what I was getting from the site urls at the beginning of this message, what I get is this is a MUSIC SHARING SITE, NOT A LOR SUPPORT SITE.

Hopefully Dan will chime in on this, but I have a feeling folks reading their issues ARE MISSING this part of the problem and just haven't noticed they are downloading what they think is the latest firmware from a NON LOR SUPPORTED SITE! At least that is what it looks like to me.

I ONLY download firmware and software updates from the LOR SUPPORT webpage, and that is where I recommend anyone go to get the latest firmware/software from for their LOR Products, or you may end up damaging your equipment!

Again, LOR SUPPORT PAGE is here: (LOR Latest Firmware AND Software updates are ALWAYS found here!)

http://www.lightorama.com/support.html

These are the two text files which i recorded from my comm-port monitor that show you data conversations while downloading firmware process.
Please read it carefully.
Best Regards
Volkan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I jsut rechecked from another computer. Lightorama.com to the general support page, right click on the mDM0mp3 firmware button and get the same file I've been trying at home:

"mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

jasewimd wrote:

I jsut rechecked from another computer. Lightorama.com to the general support page, right click on the mDM0mp3 firmware button and get the same file I've been trying at home:

"mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx"




I tried from SIX different computers and each one I got the same info, 1.0 for mDM_MP3 (don't even get, nor didn't even see an mDC_MP3 file), and 3.3 for the DC_MP3.

Very strange, especially since 4 of the computers have never even been to any of the Light O Rama sites at all. So they should have shown the latest files since there would be nothing on them for or about Light O Rama! So that definitely puzzles me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

pyrodigy wrote:

These are the two text files which i recorded from my comm-port monitor that show you data conversations while downloading firmware process.
Please read it carefully.
Best Regards
Volkan


If you had read my other posts AFTER that one, you would have known that had already been explained here and that I had corrected that later on due to the way I "read it", even though I thought it strange that you would upload something like that to a "music sharing site" as that is EXACTLY what I got when I went to those urls you posted! So that is what led me to the conclusion and I had posted that I stood corrected on the errors on my part.

Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orville wrote:

I thought it strange that you would upload something like that to a "music sharing site" as that is EXACTLY what I got when I went to those urls you posted!

If the music downloaded to your PC without any interaction, then, just my opinion, but you should probably run the virus/malware scans on your PC.

Nothing was automaticly downloaded to my PC when I went there. I was given several ways to download the txt file, one of which was "Save to my computer".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orville wrote:

I tried from SIX different computers and each one I got the same info, 1.0 for mDM_MP3 (don't even get, nor didn't even see an mDC_MP3 file), and 3.3 for the DC_MP3.

Very strange, especially since 4 of the computers have never even been to any of the Light O Rama sites at all. So they should have shown the latest files since there would be nothing on them for or about Light O Rama! So that definitely puzzles me!

Favor?

Visit http://www.lightorama.com/w_support.htm and view the source code? Save the source code to a file (probably need to cut/paste to a text file) and email it to me? (don@synchronizedchristmas.com)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Don wrote:

Orville wrote:
I thought it strange that you would upload something like that to a "music sharing site" as that is EXACTLY what I got when I went to those urls you posted!

If the music downloaded to your PC without any interaction, then, just my opinion, but you should probably run the virus/malware scans on your PC.

Nothing was automaticly downloaded to my PC when I went there. I was given several ways to download the txt file, one of which was "Save to my computer".



Fortunately NOTHING downloaded. I have an active anti-virus scanner and an malwware scanner active on my system at all times. So nothing got through and nothing tried to download automatically, even when that happens, my anti-virus stops it cold and aske me "Do you really want to download this file?" (as does IE with the way I have it set up in the security areas), so nothing comes into my system UNLESS I want it too! Well the only exception to that is the Windows Update process, but even then, I have to ok the install once it has downloaded a new update.

Been hit in the past with a virus, so I take no chance and every precaution possible to keep them and unwanted software OFF my system!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orville wrote

I thought it strange that you would upload something like that to a "music sharing site" as that is EXACTLY what I got when I went to those urls you posted!
Regards.
There ise no way to upload 2 files at the same time in LOR's Forum page this is why I needed to upload that files to share with LOR experts. By the way you can find that you quoted as ''music sharing site''at the first row if you search in the google as''file upload''.
Note: Please let me know if there is a way to upload 2 files at the same time.I could wrong or didnt find how to do.

Very strange, especially since 4 of the computers have never even been to any of the Light O Rama sites at all. So they should have shown the latest files since there would be nothing on them for or about Light O Rama! So that definitely puzzles me!
I personaly use Firefox as internet browser and recommend it instead of IE. Never had problem about cache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Well I just tried to update the firmware in my DC MP3 Showtime Director to the DC_MP3_V4-20.lhx file and I am getting the same error as the folks with the Mini Director. And had to go back to DC_MP3_V4-10.lhx to get the DC MP3 Showtime Director to work, when the 4-20 file hits that error, it renders the MP3 Director useless, can't even set the time from the computer to it, you get some strange characters and question marks (?) along with a really screwey looking time set, can't create the odd ball characters so I will portray them as *, but this is what the time area looked like after getting that error: * ** ??? 73:83.5 And if you click "set time to PC clock" it just gives an error "Can't set MP3 Clocl" (or something to that affect.)

So it looks like the latest firmware for the Showtime Director is also creating this error in version 2.8.12 as well.

Just thought you'd want to know it's not just the mDM file, the DC_MP3 lhx files are also bringing up this error, happens just about 10-15 seconds into the download to update the firmware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest wbottomley

Time to go fire up the ol' director card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the problem still exist. I would like to download the latest firmware for the mini director unit but I get that same error message like the others.

Any idea when this issue will be resolved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is everyone using the hardware utility to try updating the firmware because I have 2 of the mini directors which I updated to the mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx file with no problems. If you are downloading the hex file off of the website, there may be a corruption thing going on somehow. I can't remember if I got the software off the firmware announcement

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/22258.html

or out of the 2.8.12 S2 software, but mine loads with no problem. I've attached the hex file, hope it helps,

Bill


Attached files mDC_MP3_V4-10.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bisquit476 wrote: Is everyone using the hardware utility to try updating the firmware because I have 2 of the mini directors which I updated to the mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx file with no problems. If you are downloading the hex file off of the website, there may be a corruption thing going on somehow. I can't remember if I got the software off the firmware announcement

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/22258.html

or out of the 2.8.12 S2 software, but mine loads with no problem. I've attached the hex file, hope it helps,

Bill
Attachment: mDC_MP3_V4-10.zip (Downloaded 3 times)


That worked (downloaded). Thank You

Did some testing and it works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same problem when trying to upgrade my DC_MP3 Director Card when trying to upgrad from DC_MP3_V4-10.lhx included with v2.8.12 Suite to DC_MP3_V4-20.lhx firmware from the support page.

However, once that fails, the DC_MP3 is non-functional, but I can reload the old DC_MP3_V4-10.lhx file without a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

lightzilla wrote:

bisquit476 wrote: Is everyone using the hardware utility to try updating the firmware because I have 2 of the mini directors which I updated to the mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx file with no problems. If you are downloading the hex file off of the website, there may be a corruption thing going on somehow. I can't remember if I got the software off the firmware announcement

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/22258.html

or out of the 2.8.12 S2 software, but mine loads with no problem. I've attached the hex file, hope it helps,

Bill
Attachment: mDC_MP3_V4-10.zip (Downloaded 3 times)


That worked (downloaded). Thank You

Did some testing and it works







That's not the file I or others(I believe) are having the issue with.

The one we have problems with is the latest one, which is 4-20. When I upgraded from 4-10 to 4-20, that's when the MP3 Director became unusable and crashed due to the 4_20 firmware crashes with an error message that just about everyone here has received trying to upgrade to that version.

Once that happened to me (MP3 Director stopped working) I had no issue with getting the 4-10 file and reloading to restore my MP3 director back to working properly.

Firmware update 4-20 is the problem child here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, my problem is with the Showtime Director DC_MP3_v4-20 firmware upgrade. I'm wondering if the v4-20 firmware upgrade might be for the MINI instead. Had same experience as Orville did with all the garbage info after failure. Again v4-10 load went perfect and got the unit back running.

Another problem is that folks may be confused between the mDC_MP3 MINI DIRECTOR and the DC_MP3 SHOWTIME DIRECTOR. The SHOWTIME MINI DIRECTOR is in a black case and the SHOWTIME DIRECTOR is just a circuit board that may be part of a complete Showtime system or a DIY standalone module (such as mine).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

George Cotton wrote:

Yes, my problem is with the Showtime Director DC_MP3_v4-20 firmware upgrade. I'm wondering if the v4-20 firmware upgrade might be for the MINI instead. Had same experience as Orville did with all the garbage info after failure. Again v4-10 load went perfect and got the unit back running.

Another problem is that folks may be confused between the mDC_MP3 MINI DIRECTOR and the DC_MP3 SHOWTIME DIRECTOR. The SHOWTIME MINI DIRECTOR is in a black case and the SHOWTIME DIRECTOR is just a circuit board that may be part of a complete Showtime system or a DIY standalone module (such as mine).


Mine is in a gray metal box, labeled Showtime MP3 Director and I've used the DC-MP3 firmware updates previously with no issue, The gray box also had LOR1602MP3 on it, but Dan (that is Dan of Light-O-Rama) told me that it is not an LOR1602 Showtime MP3 Director and the newer units would have that info removed, so I had blacked it out, removed it for the attached photo. This is really the DC MP3 Showtime Director and as far as I know is exactly the same as the circuit card but just pre-installed in a metal enclosure. See photo below.

If you look close you can see where I had used a black marker to black out the "LOR1602MP3" on the case. Which I will re-black it out again, just wanted it removed to show what was written on the enclosure. And it was blacked out so as NOT to confuse it with the actual LOR1602MP3 which is also a 16 channel controller and DC MP3 Showtime Director all in one enclosure.




Attached files 217880=12116-LOR DC-MP3 Showtime Directo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One other thing as far as using the incorrect version of firmware.

If everything is working as expected, if you select the wrong firmware and attempt to download it to a device then you will get this error message in the status area:

Load Failed

Bootload File not valid for this controller

-----

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why I suggested that the firmware file listed for the DC_MP3 might actually be for the mDC_MP3 instead. Something is wrong somewhere as I've never had a problem updating any firmware on any LOR device before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George Cotton wrote:

That's why I suggested that the firmware file listed for the DC_MP3 might actually be for the mDC_MP3 instead. Something is wrong somewhere as I've never had a problem updating any firmware on any LOR device before.


As mentioned in another thread the 4.20 version of firmware was corrupt online. The DC-MP3 recognized that it was corrupt and rejected it. The problem has been corrected.

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

LightORamaDan wrote:

One other thing as far as using the incorrect version of firmware.

If everything is working as expected, if you select the wrong firmware and attempt to download it to a device then you will get this error message in the status area:

Load Failed

Bootload File not valid for this controller

-----

Dan





Interesting as I have only gotten the "Data Poll Block" error message from the firmware I have tried recently and I even tried one of the firmware mDMxxx.lhx and the mDCxxx.lhx files and they each gave me the same Data Poll Block error message.

The only time I ever got that Bootload file error was the very first time I tried to update the MP3 Showtime firmware when I first got my "Showtime MP3 Director" and thought it was a LOR1602MP3 because of the lettering on the enclosures face and thusly had download and tried to use an incorrect file, thinking it was an LOR1602MP3, which seems to also be a different type unit from all the others.

So I can see how this could confuse folks trying to figure out which firmware they really need to download and install.

Maybe LOR could do something like this to help aid and make sure folks get the correct firmware for their MP3 Director units:

Have either some type of descriptor and/or even a photograph of the particular MP3 Director unit the firmware is for, that way folks would know *exactly* which firmware they need and if it is the correct one for their MP3 Director unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I certainly knew which file I needed for my mini and that file was posted (firmware 4.10). It was what I needed and it worked for me.

However I am glade you guys sorted out that Showtime MP3 issue.......and I see you get a 4.20 upgrade.


So is there an upgrade for the mini in 4.20 coming soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

LightORamaDan wrote:

George Cotton wrote:
That's why I suggested that the firmware file listed for the DC_MP3 might actually be for the mDC_MP3 instead. Something is wrong somewhere as I've never had a problem updating any firmware on any LOR device before.


As mentioned in another thread the 4.20 version of firmware was corrupt online. The DC-MP3 recognized that it was corrupt and rejected it. The problem has been corrected.

Dan




Thank you Dan! I just upgraded (November 3, 2010) my DC MP3 Showtime Director to the DC MP3 4.20 firmware upgrade with a "Succesful" download to the unit!

Ran a test and found no issues or problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...