Light-O-Rama Forums

MiniDirector new Firmware problem

pyrodigy

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx (mDM-MP3)
http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/DC_MP3_V4-20.lhx (DC-MP3)

His first post states he's trying to load the Mini Director firmware into his mini-director.

Yes, trying to download the wrong firmware into a controller will not work (or worse, break it) but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pyrodigy

• bisquit476

• LightORamaDan

• Don

Mountainwxman wrote:

Hummm... Don. I see the same download link too.

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx

EDIT: the firmware was added on October 12th.

Hmmm, that is very strange. I have cleared out my cache, deleted cookies and other stuff from my browser, and refreshed the page numerous times, but still I only get the firmware info I posted in my reply initially.

Otherwise looks like I need to update my DC_MP3 Showtime Director firmware as mine has the 3.3 I updated it too after I got it.

But no matter what I do, I keep getting the same information from the LOR Support area every time I go there.

So that's definitely weird as I don't know what else I can do to make the site update, if that's what the problem is with my browser, IE 8. Very odd.

Hmmm, just noticed that link is not the same as I use to look for the latest firmare and stuff, never seen one with "download" in the link, I usually have to right click and then save target as to download the latest stuff from the LOR website.

Will have to try that link above and see what I can find I guess.

EDIT: This is the very first time I've seen that directory for finding the latest updates for LOR Hardware and Software. Glad you posted that, otherwise I'd still be looking at the main support webpage I had and still be looking at OLDER firmware updates!

And that is why I posted what I did and why I came back with the reply I did. I can see there is a different directory I did not know about, so I stand corrected on that one. But I had no idea that directory even existed!

In reality, the "downloads" directory shouldn't really be browsed by individuals looking for hardware/software. It's simply where the files are stored.

I'd suspect that LOR would want you looking at the support page (http://www.lightorama.com/w_support.htm) to get the updates.

(Just my opinion.)

Don wrote:

In reality, the "downloads" directory shouldn't really be browsed by individuals looking for hardware/software. It's simply where the files are stored.

I'd suspect that LOR would want you looking at the support page (http://www.lightorama.com/w_support.htm) to get the updates.

(Just my opinion.)

Well that's what I'd think too Don. If I had "known" about the other directory, then I wouldn't have even posted a thing on the subject, but by not knowing and only looking at the regular support page with the firmware still at 3.3 (DC MP3 Showtime Director) and 1.0 (for the mDM MP3 Mini Director) is what I had to go on.

But I'd think if these updates are or have been released, shouldn't they be on the regular support page? Or are these not official releases as yet?

I'd sure hate to download and install a firmware or even a software update that isn't truly released to everyone yet, especially if it is still in beta testing and all the little bugs haven't been completely ironed out as yet.

Just know I've been watching the support area constantly for firmware updates for controllers (CTB16PC) and the DC MP3 Showtime Director to keep all my hardware up to date with the latest changes/additons.

Orville wrote:

I DO NOT BELIEVE THESE ARE LHX FIRMWARE SUPPORT FILES at the below twoi listed URLS!!! As these ARE NOT BEING DOWNLOADED from the LOR SUPPORT AREA!

http://www.2shared.com/fadmin/16742399/d207f9d7/mDM_MP3_V100.txt.html

http://www.2shared.com/document/riNT6FR-/mDC_MP3_V4-10.html

To download the LATEST LOR FIRMWARE you should be going here: (NOT to the site urls listed above!)
http://www.lightorama.com/support.html

The latest firmware for the DC_MP3 player is: DC_MP3_V3-3.lhx

The latest firmware for the mDM_MP3 Director is: mDM_MP3_V1.00.lhx

I think these folks, if they are downloading the files from the first two urls listed above are trying to load some type of TeXT file, and is why the download and update is not working. The urls posted apperar to be a MUSIC SHARING SITE, NOT a LOR SUPPORT SITE!

I also believe that the mDM-MP3 "Mini Director" and the DC_MP3 "LOR Showtime Director" ARE TWO DIFFERENT DEVICES and the firmware in each IS NOT COMPATIBLE with the other! So if you try to download the firmware from one into the other, the hardware utility WILL NOT ALLOW IT! I know, I tried it, it refuses it, and gives an error message just like these two folks are getting.

So I think they are trying to download a file that isn't really a firmware upgrade, at least not from what I was getting from the site urls at the beginning of this message, what I get is this is a MUSIC SHARING SITE, NOT A LOR SUPPORT SITE.

Hopefully Dan will chime in on this, but I have a feeling folks reading their issues ARE MISSING this part of the problem and just haven't noticed they are downloading what they think is the latest firmware from a NON LOR SUPPORTED SITE! At least that is what it looks like to me.

I ONLY download firmware and software updates from the LOR SUPPORT webpage, and that is where I recommend anyone go to get the latest firmware/software from for their LOR Products, or you may end up damaging your equipment!

Again, LOR SUPPORT PAGE is here: (LOR Latest Firmware AND Software updates are ALWAYS found here!)

http://www.lightorama.com/support.html

These are the two text files which i recorded from my comm-port monitor that show you data conversations while downloading firmware process.
Please read it carefully.
Best Regards
Volkan

I jsut rechecked from another computer. Lightorama.com to the general support page, right click on the mDM0mp3 firmware button and get the same file I've been trying at home:

"mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx"

jasewimd wrote:

I jsut rechecked from another computer. Lightorama.com to the general support page, right click on the mDM0mp3 firmware button and get the same file I've been trying at home:

"mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx"

I tried from SIX different computers and each one I got the same info, 1.0 for mDM_MP3 (don't even get, nor didn't even see an mDC_MP3 file), and 3.3 for the DC_MP3.

Very strange, especially since 4 of the computers have never even been to any of the Light O Rama sites at all. So they should have shown the latest files since there would be nothing on them for or about Light O Rama! So that definitely puzzles me!

pyrodigy wrote:

These are the two text files which i recorded from my comm-port monitor that show you data conversations while downloading firmware process.
Please read it carefully.
Best Regards
Volkan

If you had read my other posts AFTER that one, you would have known that had already been explained here and that I had corrected that later on due to the way I "read it", even though I thought it strange that you would upload something like that to a "music sharing site" as that is EXACTLY what I got when I went to those urls you posted! So that is what led me to the conclusion and I had posted that I stood corrected on the errors on my part.

Regards.

Orville wrote:

I thought it strange that you would upload something like that to a "music sharing site" as that is EXACTLY what I got when I went to those urls you posted!

If the music downloaded to your PC without any interaction, then, just my opinion, but you should probably run the virus/malware scans on your PC.

Nothing was automaticly downloaded to my PC when I went there. I was given several ways to download the txt file, one of which was "Save to my computer".

Orville wrote:

I tried from SIX different computers and each one I got the same info, 1.0 for mDM_MP3 (don't even get, nor didn't even see an mDC_MP3 file), and 3.3 for the DC_MP3.

Very strange, especially since 4 of the computers have never even been to any of the Light O Rama sites at all. So they should have shown the latest files since there would be nothing on them for or about Light O Rama! So that definitely puzzles me!

Favor?

Visit http://www.lightorama.com/w_support.htm and view the source code? Save the source code to a file (probably need to cut/paste to a text file) and email it to me? (don@synchronizedchristmas.com)

Don wrote:

Orville wrote:
I thought it strange that you would upload something like that to a "music sharing site" as that is EXACTLY what I got when I went to those urls you posted!

If the music downloaded to your PC without any interaction, then, just my opinion, but you should probably run the virus/malware scans on your PC.

Nothing was automaticly downloaded to my PC when I went there. I was given several ways to download the txt file, one of which was "Save to my computer".

Fortunately NOTHING downloaded. I have an active anti-virus scanner and an malwware scanner active on my system at all times. So nothing got through and nothing tried to download automatically, even when that happens, my anti-virus stops it cold and aske me "Do you really want to download this file?" (as does IE with the way I have it set up in the security areas), so nothing comes into my system UNLESS I want it too! Well the only exception to that is the Windows Update process, but even then, I have to ok the install once it has downloaded a new update.

Been hit in the past with a virus, so I take no chance and every precaution possible to keep them and unwanted software OFF my system!

Orville wrote

Regards.
There ise no way to upload 2 files at the same time in LOR's Forum page this is why I needed to upload that files to share with LOR experts. By the way you can find that you quoted as ''music sharing site''at the first row if you search in the google as''file upload''.
Note: Please let me know if there is a way to upload 2 files at the same time.I could wrong or didnt find how to do.

I personaly use Firefox as internet browser and recommend it instead of IE. Never had problem about cache.

Well I just tried to update the firmware in my DC MP3 Showtime Director to the DC_MP3_V4-20.lhx file and I am getting the same error as the folks with the Mini Director. And had to go back to DC_MP3_V4-10.lhx to get the DC MP3 Showtime Director to work, when the 4-20 file hits that error, it renders the MP3 Director useless, can't even set the time from the computer to it, you get some strange characters and question marks (?) along with a really screwey looking time set, can't create the odd ball characters so I will portray them as *, but this is what the time area looked like after getting that error: * ** ??? 73:83.5 And if you click "set time to PC clock" it just gives an error "Can't set MP3 Clocl" (or something to that affect.)

So it looks like the latest firmware for the Showtime Director is also creating this error in version 2.8.12 as well.

Just thought you'd want to know it's not just the mDM file, the DC_MP3 lhx files are also bringing up this error, happens just about 10-15 seconds into the download to update the firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the problem still exist. I would like to download the latest firmware for the mini director unit but I get that same error message like the others.

Any idea when this issue will be resolved?

Is everyone using the hardware utility to try updating the firmware because I have 2 of the mini directors which I updated to the mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx file with no problems. If you are downloading the hex file off of the website, there may be a corruption thing going on somehow. I can't remember if I got the software off the firmware announcement

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/22258.html

or out of the 2.8.12 S2 software, but mine loads with no problem. I've attached the hex file, hope it helps,

Bill

Attached files mDC_MP3_V4-10.zip

bisquit476 wrote: Is everyone using the hardware utility to try updating the firmware because I have 2 of the mini directors which I updated to the mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx file with no problems. If you are downloading the hex file off of the website, there may be a corruption thing going on somehow. I can't remember if I got the software off the firmware announcement

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/22258.html

or out of the 2.8.12 S2 software, but mine loads with no problem. I've attached the hex file, hope it helps,

Bill
Attachment: mDC_MP3_V4-10.zip (Downloaded 3 times)

That worked (downloaded). Thank You

Did some testing and it works

I'm having the same problem when trying to upgrade my DC_MP3 Director Card when trying to upgrad from DC_MP3_V4-10.lhx included with v2.8.12 Suite to DC_MP3_V4-20.lhx firmware from the support page.

However, once that fails, the DC_MP3 is non-functional, but I can reload the old DC_MP3_V4-10.lhx file without a problem.