Light-O-Rama Forums

MiniDirector new Firmware problem

pyrodigy

Hello dear Experts
I can not able to load new firmware(mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx) to my minidirector.

lorq.jpg

It does not happen with its old firmware called mDM_MP3_V1.00.lhx
Best Regards
Volkan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pyrodigy

• bisquit476

• LightORamaDan

• Don

Try refreshing the "Select Unit to Configure" so that it shows the mini director, and then try doing the new hex file upload. Hope that helps,

Bill

bisquit476 wrote:

Try refreshing the "Select Unit to Configure" so that it shows the mini director, and then try doing the new hex file upload. Hope that helps,

Bill

Hello Bill, thank your for your quick response.
Please correct me if i am wrong, mini director has not an uniq ID so when i refreshing the "Select Unit to Configure'' minidirector doesnt response to me so i select (at Step1) as MP3 player, a pop up window appears to explain directions.
As i stated before only i get failure status when i try to upload new firmware version to Mini.There is no failure status while i upload old firmware process.
Best Regards
Volkan

lor2.jpg

Hi Volkan, sorry, I had a brain fart, what I meant to say was in step 1, click the box for "only one unit is connected" and then try the file upload again.

Bill

bisquit476 wrote:

Hi Volkan, sorry, I had a brain fart, what I meant to say was in step 1, click the box for "only one unit is connected" and then try the file upload again.

Bill
Hello Bill i checked the box for "only one unit is connected" then i tried to load.
But still doesnt upload new firmware to mini.
Best Regards
Volkan

What adapter are you using? I just updated the firmware on my mini director with a USB485B adapter and it worked fine. Maybe download the latest software (2.8.12) and try again, don't think it makes a difference, but who knows?

Bill

bisquit476 wrote:

What adapter are you using? I just updated the firmware on my mini director with a USB485B adapter and it worked fine. Maybe download the latest software (2.8.12) and try again, don't think it makes a difference, but who knows?

Bill
Hello bill thanks for your advice, could you please let me know which firmware did you try?
Did you download and try mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx at lightorama support page?
Or used previous one mDM_MP3_V1.00.lhx ? Because i dont having any problem while uploading V1.00.
By the way i will let you know after i checked my software version then tried it again
Best Regards
Volkan

Actually used the firmware from the 2.8.12 version of the software. In step 2, click open, a box opens in the firmware section, clicked on the mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx file and then step 3, download it into the mini director.

bisquit476 wrote:

Actually used the firmware from the 2.8.12 version of the software. In step 2, click open, a box opens in the firmware section, clicked on the mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx file and then step 3, download it into the mini director.
Thank you for your time Bill. I still can not able to load new firmware:(
Now;
- I renew my software version to 2.8.12
- I use standart Usb to RS-485 converter while connecting my LOR circuits.
- I can load mDM_MP3_V1.00.lhx file succesfully repeatedly but when i try to load mDC_MP3_V4-10.lhx i am getting ''Invalid Datablock Poll Response '' status message.
Could you please let me know what does ''Invalid Datablock Poll Response'' mean?
Do i forget something else before uploading process?
Best Regards

Note: I attached two files. These hex files show send-request data communication when i push download button.
Previous firmware
mDM_MP3_V100.txt.htmlmDM_MP3_V100.txt.html
http://www.2shared.com/fadmin/16742399/d207f9d7/mDM_MP3_V100.txt.html

New firmware

http://www.2shared.com/document/riNT6FR-/mDC_MP3_V4-10.html

I don't know what that status message means, maybe Dan or Bob could give a response to that. I'm at a loss. I'm also about 2 hours short of getting on a plane to Atlanta, won't be back till Friday, so someone else will need to try helping now, sorry,

Bill

That error message generally indicates a communication problem. About how long after the download starts do you get this message?

Is the director still operating?

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

That error message generally indicates a communication problem. About how long after the download starts do you get this message?

Is the director still operating?

Dan

Hello Dan
Nice to hear from you again.
- My Mini still operating with Previous firmware mDM_MP3_V1.00
- I uploaded text files to let you know about send-request data communication while uploading process.
Please check these out.

Previous firmware

mDM_MP3_V100.txt.htmlmDM_MP3_V100.txt.htmlNew firmware

Best Regards

Volkan

I think it would be best to try and not update the firmware for now. I am concerned that there may be an error during the download and you will be stuck with only the bootloader running.

Please send an email directly to me dan@lightorama.com and we will see what we can do. It may be best to send you a mini-D with the latest firmware.

Dan

I'm having the same problem. Have you figured out a work around yet?

I purchased the m-d late last season and this was to be the first time it would be used and I just wanted to make sure that I had all the bells & whistles activated when I tried the fireware update.

jasewimd wrote:

I purchased the m-d late last season and this was to be the first time it would be used and I just wanted to make sure that I had all the bells & whistles activated when I tried the fireware update.
Hello Jasewimd
This is a Minidirector's firmware updating problem, not about activing bells & whistles
You can use previous firmware to activate bells succesfully.
Best Regards
Volkan

jasewimd wrote:

When you try the firmware upgrade, you are getting the error: Invalid Datablock Poll Repsonse" as was pyrodigy?

Dan

yes sir. same exact error.

have tried on all 3 machines. 1 running windows 7, a vista (64) and an old but reliable xp box. same issue on all 3. I did reinstall the 485 drivers and the hardware utility with the same results. Just lucky i guess.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THESE ARE LHX FIRMWARE SUPPORT FILES at the below twoi listed URLS!!! As these ARE NOT BEING DOWNLOADED from the LOR SUPPORT AREA!

To download the LATEST LOR FIRMWARE you should be going here: (NOT to the site urls listed above!)
http://www.lightorama.com/support.html

The latest firmware for the DC_MP3 player is: DC_MP3_V3-3.lhx

The latest firmware for the mDM_MP3 Director is: mDM_MP3_V1.00.lhx

I think these folks, if they are downloading the files from the first two urls listed above are trying to load some type of TeXT file, and is why the download and update is not working. The urls posted apperar to be a MUSIC SHARING SITE, NOT a LOR SUPPORT SITE!

I also believe that the mDM-MP3 "Mini Director" and the DC_MP3 "LOR Showtime Director" ARE TWO DIFFERENT DEVICES and the firmware in each IS NOT COMPATIBLE with the other! So if you try to download the firmware from one into the other, the hardware utility WILL NOT ALLOW IT! I know, I tried it, it refuses it, and gives an error message just like these two folks are getting.

So I think they are trying to download a file that isn't really a firmware upgrade, at least not from what I was getting from the site urls at the beginning of this message, what I get is this is a MUSIC SHARING SITE, NOT A LOR SUPPORT SITE.

Hopefully Dan will chime in on this, but I have a feeling folks reading their issues ARE MISSING this part of the problem and just haven't noticed they are downloading what they think is the latest firmware from a NON LOR SUPPORTED SITE! At least that is what it looks like to me.

I ONLY download firmware and software updates from the LOR SUPPORT webpage, and that is where I recommend anyone go to get the latest firmware/software from for their LOR Products, or you may end up damaging your equipment!

Again, LOR SUPPORT PAGE is here: (LOR Latest Firmware AND Software updates are ALWAYS found here!)

http://www.lightorama.com/support.html

Orville wrote:

I DO NOT BELIEVE THESE ARE LHX FIRMWARE SUPPORT FILES at the below twoi listed URLS!!! As these ARE NOT BEING DOWNLOADED from the LOR SUPPORT AREA!

Per the original poster:

I uploaded text files to let you know about send-request data communication while uploading process

Yes, firmware should always be downloaded from the LOR site. However, the OP wasn't trying to download the firmware from a non-LOR site, rather he was using the site to post his log files for Dan and everyone else to see.

Don wrote:

Orville wrote:

Per the original poster:

I uploaded text files to let you know about send-request data communication while uploading process

Yes, firmware should always be downloaded from the LOR site. However, the OP wasn't trying to download the firmware from a non-LOR site, rather he was using the site to post his log files for Dan and everyone else to see.

Well I still see a problem as he is trying to upload a file called mDC_MP3_4-????.lhx, whjich I don't find on the LOR Support page, nor have I ever seen an mDC file for the MINI DIRECTOR, only mDM files. So I still think they are trying to load the WRONG Firmware into an mDM mini director, which is different from the DC_MP3 Showtime Director isn't it? Because when I tried to load an mDM file when I first got my DC MP3 Showtime Director the Hardware utility WILL NOT LOAD IT, when I downloaded the correct firmware update DC_MP3 file, it worked perfectly and no issues.

So from the LOR Support site itself, I could NOT find the file they are trying to load and this is why I stated what I did, and still think folks are missing this aspect, I believe they are trying to load NON Firmware or INCORRECT Firmware for the unit they are trying to upgrade! Either that or there is another LOR Support page with the newest firmware that I'm just not finding.