Light-O-Rama Forums

When do you guys start your show?

jjdurrant

I don't see putting all the work in for a single night. This is my first year, but I already have mine up as of the weekend of the 9th. My neighbor two doors down was starting his yard at the same time. He has a pretty elaborate setup and takes him a couple of weekends to get it setup.

Just Hallowen night...

But I will be testing to be sure everything works.

Didn't change anything from last year 20 or so channels.

Have my lights up and a couple of things out.

Most of it will be setup Fri and Sat. so the blow ups will be on as soon as they are setup (one is an arch over the sidewalk so it has to stay up).

We run ours for about 2 weeks. We will start this year on Saturday (tomorrow). Slight differnece is ours in in the show case windows for our fabric store 7 foot high by 60 feet long and 5 feet deep. (like a Macys window display).

Starting tonight at 6pm to 1030 weekends with fog machines 6pm to 10pm on weekdays. Going to Video the show tonight and put it online tomorrow afternoon.

Mine is 80 channels, started on 09/20 and finished on 09/28, well, if you could call it finished. Seems I still add new songs throughout the month and have even added a few additional items to the display as well as move some items around a little.

Runs Oct 1 - Oct 31, 6pm-11pm 7 days a week. And I've already had to replace over 15 burned out bulbs in the incandescent strings, the LED Strings I'm using haven't had any issues... yet... knock on wood.

I don't think a display is ever truly or really finished. :shock::P:D

Orville wrote:

Mine is 80 channels, started on 09/20 and finished on 09/28, well, if you could call it finished. Seems I still add new songs throughout the month and have even added a few additional items to the display as well as move some items around a little.

Runs Oct 1 - Oct 31, 6pm-11pm 7 days a week. And I've already had to replace over 15 burned out bulbs in the incandescent strings, the LED Strings I'm using haven't had any issues... yet... knock on wood.

I only run my show on Halloween.
But this year I'm not really doing a show.. I'm not using LOR or anything, just putting the few things I put out on special FX switches so they flicker to sound, then doing a few illusions in my windows.

Austen wrote:

Orville wrote:

But this year I'm not really doing a show.. I'm not using LOR or anything, just putting the few things I put out on special FX switches so they flicker to sound, then doing a few illusions in my windows.

Originally my shows were fairly static with the exception of some audio-animatronic characters in the windows or some type of built in controller on the light string(s) (some of which I still use), then 2 years ago I started using a Mr. Christmas 4 channel wireless system on the canned Halloween setting, but this year I went all out with LOR and I'm still short about 48 channels (3 controllers) and extension cords to do what I'd have really liked to have set up. But I'll take what I got! :D

The neighbors all love it and everyone that's come by and seen it says it looks great. I just think it could be even better. Maybe next year.:cool:

Orville wrote:

Austen wrote:
Orville wrote:

Originally my shows were fairly static with the exception of some audio-animatronic characters in the windows or some type of built in controller on the light string(s) (some of which I still use), then 2 years ago I started using a Mr. Christmas 4 channel wireless system on the canned Halloween setting, but this year I went all out with LOR and I'm still short about 48 channels (3 controllers) and extension cords to do what I'd have really liked to have set up. But I'll take what I got! :P

The neighbors all love it and everyone that's come by and seen it says it looks great. I just think it could be even better. Maybe next year.:cool:

I didn't mean to quote you the first time... I was just replying to the thread. I don't know why it came out like that, I'm pretty sure I just hit reply and not quote.. Sorry.

BrianC wrote:

Started last week.

Love the show Mike, 96 channels for Halloween is setting the bar kind of high. Nice Work!!!

Thanks... This year consumed me big time... I need to get cranking on Christmas!

I started mine on Sunday night.

Tonight I realized I have 2 cats plugged into the wrong plugs. They are doing way too much moonwalking.

So tomorrow I have to go swap 2 plugs, I always seem to be forgetting my right from my left. If I was an actor I probably would always be goofing up my stage left from my stage right, just like I do with my layout too.

I usually start my display 2 weeks before and run it 1 week after.

The Halloween show runs only on Halloween night.

Of course this year I somehow lost my RSJ45 jack and am now patiently waiting for the UPS man.......

I run my halloween show on the minidirector box as I only have 10 songs and nothing needs to change. I leave the light controller on all the time and use timers for my minidirector, ramsey fm transmitter, and window projector.