Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting rid of Background image file does not exist

rjnitto

I've modified a sequence that was borrowed from another user.

The creator of the sequence had a background image named "something". I do not have a background image and have modified the animation screen to match my own display. Every time I open the sequence editor, I get the message entitled
"Missing Background Image"
"Background image file does not exist:" with the path and name of the original user's image file name.
How do I get rid of this message? I'm sure this problem also exists in free sequences with background images downloaded from LORSequences.com
I've tried to load another background image under the animation screen and then remove it, but it doesn't match the grid for my display and chops off part of my grid.

Will this problem make the schedule editor fail also?

Richard

rjnitto wrote:

I've modified a sequence that was borrowed from another user.

The creator of the sequence had a background image named "something". I do not have a background image and have modified the animation screen to match my own display. Every time I open the sequence editor, I get the message entitled
"Missing Background Image"
"Background image file does not exist:" with the path and name of the original user's image file name.
How do I get rid of this message? I'm sure this problem also exists in free sequences with background images downloaded from LORSequences.com
I've tried to load another background image under the animation screen and then remove it, but it doesn't match the grid for my display and chops off part of my grid.

Will this problem make the schedule editor fail also?

Richard

It won't affect the schedule editor as far as I know. But to get rid of one of these myself I had to do this:

load the original sequence

create a NEW Sequence WITHOUT any images

Copy(or cut) and paste each grid (channel) from the original sequence into the new sequence

EXPORT the new sequence (with your channel button labels) to a new name

The set the default channel sequence you just made in the sequencer

Now you'll need to IMPORT tbis new channel set up into each sequence.

Depending on how the original sequencer set up the channels and how yours are, you may have to do a cut or copy and then paste for each grid (channel) line.

This is what I had to do to remove background images that weren't available when I'd load someone elses sequence that used one.

Hope this may help.

If someone else knows an easier way to do this, sure hope they share it as the above was the only way I could remove a non-existent background image.

Richard,

There is a way to do it by manually editing the file in a text editor. (Disclaimer: Always, always make a backup of the file before even trying to open it in a text editor.)

If you want details, send me a PM and I'll assist you with it. (And anyone else, for that matter.)

Thanks Orville, but your method seems waaay too difficult to accomplish the task, but I really appreciate the response.

Thanks Don, I did a search on editing the text file just prior to your response and decided to tackle modifying a copy. For those in a similar predicament, use a text editor like Notebook, click File - Open, set it to look at All Files not just .txt, and click on the file name (work with a copy only) and click Open.

Then Edit - Find... and type "image". This should bring you to a line that looks like

Delete the text between the quotes after the word image= so the resulting line looks like

It worked for me. No more error messages!

Richard

rjnitto wrote:

Thanks Orville, but your method seems waaay too difficult to accomplish the task, but I really appreciate the response.

Thanks Don, I did a search on editing the text file just prior to your response and decided to tackle modifying a copy. For those in a similar predicament, use a text editor like Notebook, click File - Open, set it to look at All Files not just .txt, and click on the file name (work with a copy only) and click Open.

Then Edit - Find... and type "image". This should bring you to a line that looks like

Delete the text between the quotes after the word image= so the resulting line looks like

It worked for me. No more error messages!

Richard

Thanks for that info Richard! I knew there was probabnly an easier way to do it, but like said at the emnd, if someone knows of an easier way, let us kmow!

Now I kmow how to correct any future sequences I may get from others or download and be able to remove the image information a lot *easier* than the method I was using. Sure will make things a LOT EASIER for me now that I know this!

I probably don't understand the problem correctly. I think all you have to do is open the sequence and animation, use the remove background image button, then export the channel configuration.

now import the new image free configuration and save the sequence. the configuration no longer has an image in it so it will stop telling you it can't find it.

ainsworth wrote:

I think all you have to do is open the sequence and animation, use the remove background image button, then export the channel configuration.

The "remove background image" button is grayed out on anything I've downloaded, so that didn't work for me.

Richard

ainsworth wrote:

I probably don't understand the problem correctly. I think all you have to do is open the sequence and animation, use the remove background image button, then export the channel configuration.

now import the new image free configuration and save the sequence. the configuration no longer has an image in it so it will stop telling you it can't find it.

That's what I thought too, it just didn't work.

After I did that, I still kept getting the error message it couldn't find the image, even though I had removed it and resaved it as a new export, even renamed the new version so as not to reload the original and moved the original to another folder.

And that's why I ended up doing it the "hard way", until this other info came to light and that has fixed the problem of the error messages a lot easier than I had been doing it and it works perfectly.