Light-O-Rama Forums

Multi-Track out of step with v2.8.12

George Cotton

Using v2.8.12

I had just 1 track last year with multiple controllers, but now I've added Track 2, Track 3 and Track 4 to assist in programming the additional controllers.

After just 10-15 seconds of play, the tracks become out of sequence as far as where they are on the time line display. If I stop and restart the sequence from the stop point, everything is back to normal as the song continues they start to drift apart again. A click on the scroll bar at the bottom of any track restores the lineup as does a click on any cell on any channel in any track and then restart play.

After a 3 minute song, one track may be as much as a minute behind when the song finishes, while the others are somewhere in between.

I hope it's just a software display update problem on the vertical bar, because I've not connected any lights just yet. It seems to me that the sliding vertical bar showing the point in the sequence should be locked across all tracks.

Yeah, I have noticed something of the sort. I can only see one track at at time on my screen, but I know when manually scrolling left or right the tracks do not stay together all the time.

Its a pain sometime when you are working in one track and are around lets say the 2 min mark. Then you need to sequence at the same time mark in another track. I sometimes, not all the time, have to scroll to the 2 min mark in that track. I am not sure why it does that sometimes and sometime not.

Paul

I have 16 channels in Track 1, 8 in Track 2 and 3 (split use location) and 16 in Track 4 so I can see T2 and T3 at the same time or T3 and top half of T4. But I noticed this after moving from T1 to another track. That's when I got to watching it on T2/T3 and saw they moved at different speeds. It may just be slow video rendering, but that would not explain the displayed time differences I don't think.

I'll be doing some early tests this weekend or next week. If necessary, I can revert to last years single Track and just add the new controller to that if I have to. I also have all previous versions of software on file to roll back to if I need to as well.

I don't think it's a big thing, but could be really frustrating to someone with many tracks trying to keep things civil.

I am working with 12 tracks. I have had lights hooked up and there is no lag in the actual lights.

I noticed the same thing last year with the manual scrolling.

Guys,

My sequencing history coincides almost exactly with the initial release of S2 and it's been that way ever since I've been sequencing. I think it might have something to do with different timings in each track. And it is much easier to cause when you're using the space bar to begin play rather than using the play button. Like Paul, I haven't noticed anything amiss in the yard, just on the grid. Annoying, though... And it does seem to be worse now than it's been before.

Sadly, the tracks NEVER align time-wise (except by dumb luck or at the beginning of the sequence) when you scroll vertically to any tracks that are off-screen. That's always been that way also. Apparently it isn't a bug and apparently it can't be fixed, because LOR has been aware of it for at least as long as I've been and it's still the same way.

If you use the play visible screen option and use the play button instead of the space bar, MOST of the time (but definitely nowhere near ALL the time) the visible tracks will snap into time alignment.

Each of the tracks runs independently so they can drift from one another on the screen. However they are keeping time correctly and the lights are not drifting. One big reason for the drift is that some tracks may have a scroll bar and other may not. Thus the one with the scroll bar will page more frequently then the one without.

This is something that can be changed and is on the list for next year.

Thanks Dan. Was a bit concerned when I first encountered it. Was reassured by Paul and George in their post that it's just a display thing and not a "real" problem with the software.

Thanks.

LightORamaDan wrote:

Each of the tracks runs independently so they can drift from one another on the screen. However they are keeping time correctly and the lights are not drifting. One big reason for the drift is that some tracks may have a scroll bar and other may not. Thus the one with the scroll bar will page more frequently then the one without.

This is something that can be changed and is on the list for next year.

Thanks, Dan. I am so pleased to here this is on the list for change. Although I did finally make the change from 1 track to 10 tracks this year, the main reason I held off the change was due to the tracks not lining up on the sequence screen during play back. This year, the advantages of multiple tracks finally outweighed this disadvantage. If it's a scroll bar issue, I would rather have a "dummy" scroll bar on a fully shown track and have all the tracks line up. It would also be handy to have a little button to the left of the track bar to open and close the track in a manner similar to the RBG channels. I'm sure not complaining, though. The updates in the software that have taken place over the years have really made things easier to do, particularly, this years fantastic updates.