Light-O-Rama Forums

Pacman vs. Jaws

BrianBruderer

I had some Pacman animation and a shark fin image in the clipboard files on my software, so I cobbled together this short clip of Pacman vs. Jaws. Maybe something you could use for Halloween?

This is yet another insertion of video games into my videos, but I actually never did play pacman much (honest!), but I had some friends that sure were hooked on it.

-Brian Bruderer

lol...you have WAAAY too much time on your hands!!!! lol

Want to sequence a song or 10 for me?!?!?!?

Very nice job...oh by the way...I am stealing your TSO Christmas Eve/Sarajevo (Carol of the Bells) - SuperStar Light Show idea...though I don't have any CCR's!!

jimswinder wrote:

lol...you have WAAAY too much time on your hands!!!! lol

Want to sequence a song or 10 for me?!?!?!?

Very nice job...oh by the way...I am stealing your TSO Christmas Eve/Sarajevo (Carol of the Bells) - SuperStar Light Show idea...though I don't have any CCR's!!

Well, I'm actually pretty busy. But I know what you mean. The idea of course was to show what I could do by leveraging what was already in my software. In the 1.4.2 release that went out recently it has a clipboard that can be saved to file and loaded from file. I already had the Pacman animation, and I had done the shark fin as a sample file, so I combined them. Editing the sounds took about as long as putting the images together.

Dennis Cherry wrote:

Brian: Would a 25 x 8 matrix work on that?

Do you mean cutting 4 CCRs in half to make 25x8 pixels? It would work but would of course be half as wide as what is in my video. In mine, the Pacman is 10 pixels high with 2 pixels for the water underneath. With 8 pixels in height you could do a pacman but it would be hard to do a pacman with 2 pixels of water on the bottom.

• 4 months later...

Can your program be modified to allow for pixel strips (not just CCR) ... so if I wanted to use a 30 LED digital pixel strip ... it would be nice to enter in 30, instead of having to select a 1/2 a CCR and get 25. Do you see what I"m asking?

I will be expanding the software this year to support other kinds of lights.

The pixel strips you are using, do they have their own controller or are they controlled by LOR controllers? Do you currently sequence them using the LOR sequence editor?

-Brian Bruderer

I currently use LOR S2.

I'm not sure what hardware LOR will support by 12/2011, but am hoping it will support open DMX controllers (non iDMX) as reported ... so I am looking to controlling some of the RGB gear mentioned by RJ and using a Lynx DMX Dongle into a SS Pixelnet Hub. All DIY gear. I was contemplating using xlights if it adds the necessary pixelnet support. I would rather use LOR S2, but it depends on LOR adding some support first.

I can use LSP if necessary, but that software still has issues, IMHO.

I'm very impressed with what SuperStar Lights can do ... it really puts others to shame and is easy to use. I have only used the demo thus far.

My goal is to have my software support any lights that LOR S2 supports, I will have to wait and see how far I get.

Thanks for the compliments on my software. It is a new approach that I think is much easier once you get accustom to the new approach.

-Brian Bruderer

• The topic was locked