Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Combined With Current Sequences

Westons Lights

Hi All,
This is probably a really silly question, but I am having a little trouble with my CCR and Animation Sequences.

Could anyone please give me some advice, that would allow me to have the CCR turn on and run at the same time as my desired sequences.

I have completed a few of my sequences, before I received my CCR and before I realised that I need to use the LOR Sequencer, to sequence the CCR.

I have attempted two methods:
1] I opened one of my LOR sequences, added 50 RGB Channels to it and then sequenced those channels for the CCR. I have set all units accordingly.

2] I have completed totally seperate sequences for the CCR.

I try to run the sequences with the 'Show Builder', but the CCR will not turn on when the rest of the sequences turn on.

What am I doing wrong??

CHEERS IN ADVANCE :)

Not real sure what your problem is... You do not have to use LOR to sequence a CCR.

Are you combining your non CCR sequence with your CCR sequence? If so it is just a cut and paste... Once combined the use the same timings and run at the same time...

I think your problem is you cannot get an animation sequence to run on the CCR?? If so, for me I stay away from macros.... Too complicated and too limiting in what you can do... I have set up the CCR using 150 channels 50 per color... Normal config setting... Sequential RRR GGG BBB and not Triples RGB RGB RGB.

I program it then just like you did the non CCR sequence... Are you able to work the CCR with the Hardware Utility??

If I totally missed your problem please let me know...

Did you configure the CCR with the hardware utility?

Check the CCR is not set to legacy mode?

Check your sequences to be sure the CCR unit ID is set and different from any other controllers.

Okay, I will give everyone the run down 'From The Very Start' :)

1] Downloaded LOR Software before I received any of my LOR.

2] Played with a few sequences and completed a few of my own.

3] Received my LOR controllers and CCR.

4] Used the Hardware Utility and set the Unit ID 04 [as my controllers are Unit 01, Unit 02 and Unit 03]

5] Configured the CCR accordingly and tested using the Console [Tested Fine]

6] Couldn't work out the 'Macros' for myself, so started working on animated sequences.
The animated sequences that I designed were saved as both LMS and LAS.
Downloaded the LAS sequence to the CCR and my sequences worked fine.

7] copied and pasted the CCR sequence into the non CCR animated sequence and attempted to run the saved [combined CCR/non CCR LMS sequence] through the show builder.

8] Show builder starts the music and appears to be running the sequence, but the CCR does not turn on. [i have double and tripple checked all the Unit IDs and Circuits and all appear to be correct]

Hopefully this may give you all a better idea of what I am doing wrong :)

Thankyou for the advice already given.

Did you set the CCR channels to Unit 4 in the non CCR sequence that you pasted the CCR sequence to? That is have you opened the non CCR sequence and have the 150 channels set to Unit 4 in the Channel Property Guide in the sequence editor???

Yes I have set The Unit Ids accordingly.
I have 3 CMB-16D-QC Deluxe DC Card and the CCR.
I have set the Cards as Unit 1, 2, 3 and the CCR is Unit 04.
I have checked that so many times now and have made sure that all the circuit numbers are also correct.

Could my problem be something to do with the 'Show Builder'? Am I not doing something quite right with this part of the software?
When it comes to actually running the sequences, what am I better off doing?

I have attempted to run my sequences through the 'Simple Show Builder'.
I open the 'Simple Show Builder', advise the software to 'Run from PC', I select my desired sequence [pre sequenced non CCR with the CCR sequence Pasted into it. This is an LMS file format] and then I select the time for it to run.
I make sue that the power is being supplied to the CCR and then I wait for it to start.
The music starts, but the CCR does not turn on.

Perhaps post a copy of your sequence file here, and I can look at it here.
I have identical hardware I can set up and try here and see what happens, and If I see anything.

I am talking about setting the channel ID for each channel in the Sequence editor in the channel properties guide. Not in the hardware utility...

To bypass Show builder.... Does everything work when you play the sequence in the Sequence Editor??? Lights and CCR perform correctly?

When you say everything works fine in the animation, are you talking about the animation screen in the editor or are you saying when you press play while in the editor, the CCR turns on and lights up as programmed?

I work in a large data center and I've seen it all so I'll ask a couple of stupid questions. You did daisy chain a the CCR to the other controllers? And, You are sure you selected the correct file in the show builder?

I have a copy of his sequnce. It works Works perfectly...

Have been working with Dave to troubleshoot the connections to the CCR and controllers.

Awaiting a reply.

Thansk,
Scott.

Hi All,
Sorry for delayed reply, been busy with the setup and holidays.

I haven't managed to do anymore testing since my last post, but will continue to diagnose my issue further.

Could anyone please give me instructions for creating a show, to test the sequence. My issue could come down to how I am creating my show.

I should have my controllers powered up soon and then I should be able to do a test with it all 'Daisy Chained' :P .

Hi All,
I now have my Board powered up and have daisy chained the CCR to it.

The hardware utility recognises that I have 2 units and I have set Unit 1 as the CMB and Unit 4 as the CCR. I can control the CMB and the CCR from the hardware utility and they both function fine.

I have one set lights connected to the CMB, but when I create a show, using the 'Simple Show Builder', nothing turns on when I tell it to. The music starts, but no lights.

I think my issue may be more than just the CCR as I originally thought.

If you are willing to assist me with my issue through this thread, then I'd be grateful, otherwise I will need to post my topic in the relavent area.

Can the lights be controlled via the Sequence Editor?

In the Sequence Editor, if you check the comm port being used is it the same as the Hardware Utility? Click Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences and check the Regular Network setting.

What is the license level? To check that, on the top line of the Sequence Editor it will say something like "Light-O-Rama Sequence Editor vX.x.x" followed by the license level (Demo, Basic, Basic Plus, Standard or Advanced)...

Dan

Hi Dan,
It turns out that my controller did in fact need to be reset. Did the reset, plugged the lights back in, ran the sequence and the lights were being controlled fine.

To those that offered their help and advice, I am humbly grateful. Iappreciate everyones help and look forward to staying in touch with the many insane lighting enthusiasts such as myself.

Take Care All and Seasons Greetings for 2010.

• The topic was locked