Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobes

sparky22

Dan C wrote:

Do we need to Precharge CLS strobes? If so, how long? and how long can they go before needing a precharge again?

About the only good thing I can personally say about CLS strobes is that they don't need precharging. In my experience, the only strobes that need pre-charging are the LED models fron CDI, and those need to be pre-charged before every use if you want them to fire randomly.

I have 75 CLS strobes (3-4 flash per second) and they worked just fine last year.

JJ - you asked about 10 on one channel - actually I had 32 on one channel last year was my max and had no problems.

Last year I had them upright on the ground in snow, hanging from tree's, mounted horizontally on 2x4's in the air and hanging 3' off the ground - zero problems with moisture.

I have never purchased any other brand so I can't give you an opinion on those!

Bill Sawallisch Jr. wrote:

I have 75 CLS strobes (3-4 flash per second) and they worked just fine last year.

JJ - you asked about 10 on one channel - actually I had 32 on one channel last year was my max and had no problems.

Last year I had them upright on the ground in snow, hanging from tree's, mounted horizontally on 2x4's in the air and hanging 3' off the ground - zero problems with moisture.

I have never purchased any other brand so I can't give you an opinion on those!

Great.. I need to get the C9 string kits crimped and ready to go.. are there any tips or gotchas I should be aware of?

Believe it or not I purchase SPT2 from Home Depot, Lowes, Menards and CLS and the Menards brand worked the best

I purchased the C9 sockets (SPT2) from CLS & another vendor that I can't remember (All-American Christmas Something) and the CLS worked the best so far. I space them every 10' and run them wherever I need.

I have the CDI strobes. 20 of them on 1 channel. Everyone says "precharge" ... Is there a magic # that goes with this? .10, .20, .30?? HELP

Ok stupid questions...

I am using the CLS strobe kits 1. Do I need to worry about positive or negative when crimping everything?
2. Are the sliders sufficient enough to make the connection with the wire?

Thanks!

jjdurrant wrote:

Ok stupid questions...

I am using the CLS strobe kits 1. Do I need to worry about positive or negative when crimping everything?

Thanks!

I found these directions useful when I did mine:
http://www.landolights.com/main/content/view/77/39/#makeone

Surfing4Dough wrote:

jjdurrant wrote:
Ok stupid questions...

Thanks!

I found these directions useful when I did mine:
http://www.landolights.com/main/content/view/77/39/#makeone

PERFECT!!!! Thx