Light-O-Rama Forums

Jumpers inside CCR controller

MaxsLightsOwner

Maxslights wrote:

Does that void the warranty to open the aluminum case?

Not necessarily, but mentioning it on an open forum provided by the manufacturer of the product sure as hell does!

Just curious. Oh well. I didn't plan on breaking them in any way. I spent my summer job money on two CCR's and my 9th controller and I've been doing good with taking care of them so far.

The header is for programming the microprocessor.

There are no user serviceable parts inside. (At least I think that is what most places say;))

Dan

rwertz wrote:

ItsMeBobO wrote:
I think they are for voiding the warranty. :shock:

I wish we had a rating for best answer :D

I agree... I give BobO the sharp mind award on this one:) But I am one to take things apart to see how they are made. My little sister Dstill doesn't forgive me for taking the head off her talking doll to see how it worked (and never getting it back on)... BTW back then they had little records in them!

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

I agree... I give BobO the sharp mind award on this one:) But I am one to take things apart to see how they are made. My little sister Dstill doesn't forgive me for taking the head off her talking doll to see how it worked (and never getting it back on)... BTW back then they had little records in them!

Dan

My parents gave me a fairly large remote control (through a wire) car when I was young. I had it about a week till I took it apart to see how it worked. It never worked after that :D

With me it was my mom's Wollensak reel-to-reel tape recorder. It was her pride and joy and the night she came home from work and saw it in pieces spread out over the kitchen table was one of the worst nights of my life. I got it all put back together and only had a couple screws left over, which I hid. It worked okay but after that it had a rattle that wasn't there before.

Same thing with me and my Dad's wind up alarm clock. He was severely "ticked" about it being spread across the kitchen table, but did mention years later how impressed he was that I got it back together and it continued working. (though it was never quite as accurate)

JonB256 wrote:

Same thing with me and my Dad's wind up alarm clock. He was severely "ticked" about it being spread across the kitchen table, but did mention years later how impressed he was that I got it back together and it continued working. (though it was never quite as accurate)

And, of course, I'm sure your reply was.."don't worry dad, no cause for alarm..."..:]

Sorry..couldn't resist..

JonB256 wrote:

and then I had to "spring" from the table to avoid his rapidly approaching "hands." Do we have "time" for any more?

I expect jimswinder to show up any minute..this has evolved into his kind of thread..

If you're asking "would i like seconds?", the answer is "sure, as long as we don't tick anyone off with the silliness of these comments..."

• 1 month later...

lonewolvie wrote:

Did anyone else notice this? Someone actually took the time to sand the part numbers off of the CCR driver IC's? Why was this needed?

I love the smell of paranoia in the morning!
It smells like... 'Trade Secrets'!

As a former employer had as the corporate mantra:
"The question is not, 'are you paranoid'?
The question is, 'are you paranoid enough'?"

jwilling wrote:

lonewolvie wrote:
Did anyone else notice this? Someone actually took the time to sand the part numbers off of the CCR driver IC's? Why was this needed?

I love the smell of paranoia in the morning!
It smells like... 'Trade Secrets'!

As a former employer had as the corporate mantra:
"The question is not, 'are you paranoid'?
The question is, 'are you paranoid enough'?"

I do not recommend that everyone look in their CCR controller but we did not have part numbers sanded off. Open up another one if you need a part number...

Dan