Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble with CCR unit #'s

edepinet

I have 2 CCR units. Both units have different functions in the sequence. When I play a sequence, the lowest number unit, 04, will not function according to the sequence. The higher number CCR, 05, is not bother by this. I have switched the unit numbers, 04 to 05 and 05 to 04, the CCR's with the lowest unit number is this not following the sequence. The higher number unit is right on. Any ideas.

If I understand your problem correctly,

then to me, it sounds like something is amiss in your sequence for unit 04, since either CCR behaves the same when configured for 04 and both work correctly when configured as unit 05.

Is that what you were saying?

When unit 4 is the top unit, it will not follow the sequence. If I move unit 5 to the top, it follows the sequence, and unit 4 at the bottom will not follow.

Do both CCR's have the same firmware version? Should be 1.06

Are both set the same way regarding RGB, RGB, RGB vs. RRR GGG BBB?

On the one that's screwy do the pixels do anything in response to the song? Are all the pixels wrong?

The firmware is version 1.06 for both.

the unit that screws up the sequence will go through part of the show then stop and some pixels will come on and stay on. I have the top unit going through where it lights up from end to end and back, and half way through I have the bottom unit doing the same thing. Whatever is the lowest unit number that part of the sequence screws up. I am using Macro Maestro.

Have you performed a re-set of the controller on the unit that's misbehaving? Unplug the controller, wait 30 seconds and then hold down the button on the controller while plugging the power cord back in. As long as you hold down the button the ribbon should cycle through red, green, and blue over and over again. If it doesn't, you might have an issue with the ribbon itself and you need to contact LOR for guidance.

Maybe you can help us isolate the problem.

My guess is there is something in your sequence which is confusing the CCR. Since you are using Macro Maestro, we know you are using macros. For macros, only the first set of RGB & the macro channels should have anything turned on.

Instead of assigning new numbers, can you try unplugging the ribbons from the controllers and switching just the white ribbon cable. Does the mistake stay with the controller? This should tell you if there is something wrong with the ribbon or if the controller/commands to it are the problem.

I would be happy to look at your sequence for something which could cause the ribbon to mess up. Please post it and the second at which the mistake happens.

I am going to redo the song. This song was done with a later version of LOR and I transported it to the newer Version 2.8.6. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I will let you know later today if resequencing the song works.

Redone the sequence. Now both units screw up when running. I pasted the top unit sequence to the bottom unit so both units would run the same sequence, both units ran perfect. I did likewise to the bottom unit, perfect. Both when both units are running their separate sequence, they screw up.

Seems to work fine. I changed the unit numbers to match mine. Both CCRs lit and moved. The only thing I saw was a few flickers to take out. The rest worked. What in particular are you seeing that is wrong? At what second in the sequence? I saw flickers at 3,36,61 or around there.

I think you may be wanting to use macro mode 2 instead of 1. At a few points I am guessing you want 4 & 5 to follow each other.

While I am a pro macro, be sure to do some regular CCR programming too. The alternating red/green you are doing will look good that way too.

Each CCR goes through the 1st fade up and fade down right then the strips start acting up. The top CCR #7 pixels come on blue after the 1st fade down until the CCR turns on again. Then the top CCR comes on the fade up and the last 10 pixels shut off before it gets to the end. Then 2 more pixels come on the top until it turns on again and finishes the fade down. Then more 2 pixels come on again. Start the next fade up and the last 10 pixels do not come on. Meanwhile the bottom CCR is functioning alright. It is only screwing up in the fade ups on the top unit. Pixel #1, 7 & 8 come on at time.

Switch the units #'s on the CCR. Same identical results. Acting the same way. Question, can Windows 7 be uncompatible with this program?

edepinet wrote:

Question, can Windows 7 be uncompatible with this program?

Being a Microsoft product, I'm sure Windows 7 reserves the right to be incompatible with any other program on the planet, with or without prior notice. But that hasn't been my experience. For me Windows 7 and LOR have been perfectly compatible.

Based on personal experience, if you've switched out ribbons and you're having issues with that one particular ribbon, it sounds to me like you need to contact LOR and send the ribbon in for repair.

I ran your sequence and there are no fades. The intensities are all set to 100% so I am thinking you mean fill from end to end.
The fills worked on my setup. I did not notice any missing pixels or different color pixels.

A suggestion was made but I didnt see that you tried it. Did you swap the ribbons without changing the controller ids?
Does the mistake stay with the controller? or with the ribbon? You don't need to switch the ids again.

Yes I switched the controllers. The mistake does not stay in the controller. The mistake I get is whichever unit is unit #4 it acts up.

• The topic was locked