Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB16D and rainbow floods

Tony Hefner

Tried setting up 3 RH's to a CMB16D and nothing is working. checked a 3 RH on a 12 volt supply and all all work ok on all, all reds ,blues, and greens work with the right wires. I hooked up a 12 volt power supply to the boards nothing happens. The only thing I could think of checking was the fuses and have 11.9 volts at both fuses.I tried 12 volt wall wart on the axu. jack no good. no power light showing hand ware utily does not see it is there after ever refreshing.

any ideas.

What is the red status LED doing on the board?

You are putting negative on the terminal marked " - " and positive on the " + " terminal right? Sorry to ask, don't know your background and education in electrical / electronics. I have worked with some people who would put black on the " + " and red on the " - " terminals.

Max-Paul wrote:

What is the red status LED doing on the board?

You are putting negative on the terminal marked " - " and positive on the " + " terminal right? Sorry to ask, don't know your background and education in electrical / electronics. I have worked with some people who would put black on the " + " and red on the " - " terminals.

That's a good point to make Max. Dealing with DC, you have to have the right wires connected to the right terminals or it won't work. This applies to anything in the DC powered world.

I've crossed wires several times not knowing it (because of markings and such) and is easy to do. Hopefully that's the deal with Tony's board. Simple fix...

Yes I checked to + _ and rechecked wires with power supply. The red light not is not on. tried again before going to work this morning I did notice a faint glow of the floods. After having a stoke last march im gad this is are I have wrong LOL.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Have you checked the flux capacitor?

That could be what's causing it not to work.

We are going to send a new card. Not sure what is going on with the card. I do not think it is the flux capacitor but we will be checking the Heisenberg Compensator when we get the card back!

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Have you checked the flux capacitor?

That could be what's causing it not to work.

We are going to send a new card. Not sure what is going on with the card. I do not think it is the flux capacitor but we will be checking the Heisenberg Compensator when we get the card back!

Dan

Hey Will,

Looks like Dan see your flux capacitor and raise it with a Heisenberg Compensator. Are you going to fold or raise his Heisenberg Compensator?

Keith Adams wrote:

Great idea for the flux capacitor. I needed one more controller last year so I am going to send one of mine back 1 year into the past so I will have it for my display.

BTW... That will void the warranty.

Dan

I no I am not completly dumb but I had to know what a Heisenberg Compensator. I had to google it . It is real, kind sorta. just be ready for some time. And now we know where Dan is getting his ideas. He is bringing them back by transporter.

I have sent the card back so be able to find out I have done wrong maybe save some else in making the same mistake.

If the red led wont lite up, did you check to see if you have the 1.21 jig-a-watts present?

Q. If you're going the speed of light, and you turn on your landing lights, will they work?

A. yes, you just wont know it..

Don't know about the 1.21 gigawatts, I do agree you would probably need a flux capacitor to get a gigawatt burst but there is a 1.1 petawatt (1,100,000,000,000,000 watts) laser at the University of Texas in Austin. Texas Laser (Caution do not look directly at Laser)

um, funny you mention lasers, we were illuminated while on approach in Denver last night.. I was flying, had to give the airplane to the Captain cause some RatBxxxxxd on the ground was lighting us up with a green laser. I hope Denver PD had to crash down the door of that guy. Luckily I didnt lose sight on my eye but it smarted..

TJ Hvasta wrote:

um, funny you mention lasers, we were illuminated while on approach in Denver last night.. I was flying, had to give the airplane to the Captain cause some RatBxxxxxd on the ground was lighting us up with a green laser. I hope Denver PD had to crash down the door of that guy. Luckily I didnt lose sight on my eye but it smarted..

A couple of year ago some guy (I think in Jersey) got in big trouble for lighting up a plane on approach with a green laser. I thought it was total BS and they were making a big deal out of nothing... Guess I was wrong!

Dan

even the red lasers used in UPC scanners bothers some people.. this one last night was strong and definately not harmless.

..if the flux capacitor is installed reverse polarized, it'll produce a chain reaction that will (in theory) suck the electrons in your house (and most likely, entire neighborhood) in time with the music.. think of a universe-wide 1970's color organ.. :shock:

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Some of the green lasers are amazingly bright. I enjoy visiting a local amateur astronomy club for their viewings, and they utilize high power green lasers for pointing out stars and constellations, but also they are mounted on the telescopes which allows them manually aim onto a star. The beam that comes out is about an inch wide and you can see the beam the whole length (literally looks like it goes all the way to the star). Some of them can shine 50 miles, and look like a penlight, and cost about $200. They are extremely cautious aiming anywhere remotely close to a jet. I have heard about people getting in big trouble after temporarily blinding a pilot, but never could figure out how the person was caught. Seems the pilot would not be able to identify exactly where it was coming from.
Can get cheap ones that cost about $10 on ebay, that create a pinpoint laser beam but are still amazing how you can see the beam the whole way. Picked one up for pointing out stars to the kids in the yard.

Our county sheriff's helicopter caught a father/son team using a red pointer (laser) from their house on aircraft on approach to Buffalo/Niagara International airport.

The pilot of the helicopter almost got it in his eyes as well, but fortunately didn't, as he was using night vision goggles!

The father/son team went before the town judge.

I did not hear what the outcome was.

Greg