Light-O-Rama Forums

odd quirk when drawing in visualizations

Philip

I'm drawing in a series of mini tree in the animation screen and have it zoomed all the way in, which means I scroll the image from side to side sometimes. But everything I click on the drag bar at the bottom of the window, the pull down list of channels for drawing jumps back up to the first item on the list. It doesn't matter where I was in the list prior. It's done this to me now on two different sequences while using 2.8.10

Philip wrote:

I'm drawing in a series of mini tree in the animation screen and have it zoomed all the way in, which means I scroll the image from side to side sometimes. But everything I click on the drag bar at the bottom of the window, the pull down list of channels for drawing jumps back up to the first item on the list. It doesn't matter where I was in the list prior. It's done this to me now on two different sequences while using 2.8.10

I've noticed this too. It also does the same thing if you undo any drawing. (ctrl+Z) If you aren't careful, you will then be drawing for the top channel instead of the one you had intended.

I can get the problem to happen with undo, as mentioned in Brad's reply, but I can't get it to happen the way it was originally described by Philip, so I just want to make sure that I'm understanding correctly:

I make the animation large enough, and the window it's in small enough, that it needs scroll bars.

I select "Draw", and then some channel other than the top channel in the list.

I draw.

Then I scroll to the right, by dragging the scroll bar that goes across the bottom of the picture.

At that point, you're saying that the channel list pops to the top channel?

I can get it to jump back to the first one if I do a ctrl-z as long as I do not touch the scroll bars first.

bob wrote:

I can get the problem to happen with undo, as mentioned in Brad's reply, but I can't get it to happen the way it was originally described by Philip, so I just want to make sure that I'm understanding correctly:

I make the animation large enough, and the window it's in small enough, that it needs scroll bars.

I draw.

Then I scroll to the right, by dragging the scroll bar that goes across the bottom of the picture.

mcorbo wrote:

I can get it to jump back to the first one if I do a ctrl-z as long as I do not touch the scroll bars first.

bob wrote:

I draw.

I need to correct my earlier statement as it doesn't quite reflect what I meant when I said I noticed the same thing. I haven't noticed the channel popping back when zooming in or out. For me, it only pops back to the first channel when I undo (ctrl -z). It will do that even after I've moved either of the scroll bars. Whether or not I use the scroll bars or the zoom function doesn't seem to affect whether or not the channel pops back to the top. It unconditionally pops back for me when I undo. Additional details of my setup are that I'm using 2 monitors and my animation screen is set to 352 by 934 so I have to be zoomed in to the max in order to draw. I also don't have my selected image in the background resulting in the missing image warning everytime I open the animation screen. This is not a problem for me. I simply chose to do this since the picture would sometimes interfere with being able to see the editing.

bob wrote:

I draw.

That's exactly what I'm saying happens. It's been happening most of the time with this sequence. I'm working in a second track that has about 400 channels in it. I haven't tried it in the first track though. But it also did this within another sequence.