Light-O-Rama Forums

Status Check....

chowell

Just making the annual check in with everyone to see what kind of progress everyone is making. I am going from 176 to 256 channels this year. I am adding new music and editing some from last year to meet this year's new channel configuration. I got a late jump with the sequencing but so far have one new song, and three others from last year reconfigured and edited so I am moving along OK. I still have some art projects to get done for this year's additions and plan to get started very soon on those. Although I think about the display all year, funny how long and slow my start to it all is coming out of summer. I get so busy with other things that I start to feel rushed with the Christmas decorating this time of year. I hope this year has been good to all of you thus far and that your work is coming along nicely.

Corey

This is my first year with LOR, second year with animated lights. I have been busy with landscaping with built in lighting with RGBW led's, burying conduit and pulling wire. I have on order a DC and a PC card waiting to arrive. Getting as much as I can get done before they arrive. I have 4 1/2 songs programmed so far and sort of on hold until I get the controllers to see how my current sequencing looks and make any adjustments as needed. My diving hobby has been put on the back burner this year so I can focus on this hobby. Right now, I'm having so much fun with this, I'm not sure if I'll get back into serious diving again.:cool:

way behind, although I never feel caught up. still have lots of building to do, the majority of the sequences are done just need tweeked a bit. installing phone system request system this year, that is about finished, kevin should have my audio early next week. Planning on picking up some RBF however haven't done that yet

lots to do, running out of time

First year doing 64 channels. Have built some characters that will sing with certain songs. I have almost finished my 9th sequence and have 6 to go for my show this year. I am getting prepared for Judy Pancoast's show at my place on her tour. It should be an interesting season.
Terry

We went from 300+ to 400+ channels for this year (plus added 2 CCRs) and most of the existing sequences from past years have not been upgraded yet. There's about a dozen new songs for this year in various stages of completion. My "creation projects" are finished and things are slowly making their way to the yard for testing. Except for two customers I've finished my paid sequencing for the year so I believe I'll have time for getting most of my songs ready to go. No-doubt will be working right up to the last minute. Oh - I forgot to add in the seasonal yard work... Geez - now I'm starting to feel pressured...

Looking at calendar thinking "holy crap, thanksgiving is less than 90 days away..how did that happen??.."

So I'm pondering buying more powerball tickets, so I can retire early, and dedicate full time effort to LOR..:)

This is my first time, I'm a bit behind on the software/sequencing side, been focusing mainly on getting the hardware side of things ready.

I'm looking at 32 AC channels, plus 16 DC..so a lot to do in the next couple months.

Completed my 11 songs a few weeks ago.
Discovered I am only using 6 controllers (96 channels) I have 7 (112 channels) plus a spare board. Too late to utilize it this year.
Better than discovering I am short a controller.
Working on my mini trees and adding lights to decorations.
Sooooo much to do!

Well I started sequencing back in January 2010 and I have 2 more new songs to go for this year, but I still need to upgrade the sequences from last year to make up for the increase in channel amount.

I have the fan made but I need to add the lights.

I still need to finish making 16 strings for 2 of the arches.

That's about it.

Now that we had frost where I live twice this past week it feels more like it is getting closer to Christmas...........which is beginning to kindle that spark within me.

I am way behind, adding one CCR, 4 Rainbow wall runners, a 24 channel Robin Wheel which I haven't built yet.

I will be lucky to integrate this into last years show but I want to add a few new songs this year. YIKES, gonna loose some sleep here shortly.

Rick

I'm feeling pretty good about my status. Have almost all of my "build" stuff done. However, I am a bit behind on sequencing. Once this weekend is over, I should be finished completely with construction duties, and will focus on sequencing until actual set-up time.

First year with lor. 40+ songs sequenced.Setup my megatree today with a couple of strands of lights.I also set my 28 mini trees & my 4-8 channel arches out in the yard today.One neighbor came over and wished me merry christmas.Lots of people driving by and looking.Must of thought i was nuts.I still have to wire in 2 more outlets for power to the display.I am only using 195 channels of 208.Funny how i started out with 32 channels then 64.......

Man I will come to your house and beat you down if you bring up how close we are to turning on the lights again!! LOL!! just kidding, but I will!! I am sooooo far behind! Thanks for the reminder.

My first year with LOR. I bought a Gemny thing last year with 6 channels and serious amp limit. Decided this year to try LOR. I have about 12 songs sequenced and three controllers. I am debating adding one more.

I'm building a midi-tree, somewhere between a mini and a mega. Main thing I am having fun and getting great advice and tips from this forum. You folks are great.

I'm in north Texas.

If I can get my display done in time for Halloween I should be okay for Christmas...

My plan is to put up the static display up the first weekend of OCT and add all the animated pieces by the weekend before Halloween.

One big Issue is I am wattling for hardware.

I have two PC cards (with the assembled card) and a DC board I am wattling for. Once I get those I have to put them together, and then I have to go over my sequences and replace all the rough timings with the actual controls (kind of hard to work with RGB lights with out a card to see exactly how they will look).

I stile 20 RGB LED boards I have to build (I have 6 done right now) and would like to order 1 more DC card, but I would like to receive the first one I ordered first.

If I can pull this all off then For christmass the main thing I will have to do is adjust the seqencers from last year.

Last year I had 16AC chenals, now I will have 48 AC chanels and hopfully 32 DC Chenals which will give me (10 RGB light chenals) and I plan to add 4,000 lights to the display. Lat year I did a bunch of C/W stings now I plan to do C/W/R/G.

So should be an intresting next 3 months, but I should be able to pull it off.

Second year with the light 'bug'. moving from 16 to 48 including another CTB16KPCV1 and a CMB16D controller to drive the 6 rainbow Floods i built this year. And, added an FM Transmitter. I am going to try mini-trees and a 12' tree in addition to what I had last year. And I am working on an idea using 100 blacklight LED floodlight with a nativity set, more on that as it progresses..

Its my second year as well with LOR. I expanded from 16 channels to 64 or possibly 80.
So far this year I've build three 9 channel arches.
Eight 2 channel mini trees
3 RGB flood lights. -Still need to buy the controller and PSU.
Soldered 3 controllers.
Built/weleded a custom backlit radio sign.
Welded a custom 2 controller bracket for the arches.
purchased 20 strobe lights.
Added 7000 lights
500 ft. of SPT2 wire.
half a billion vampire ends.

And so far, I have only 2 songs finished. :P
I need to get working on sequencing!!!

Ouch! :shock:

I am definitely behind. Last year 48 channels (40 channel mega tree and 8 on windows and eaves.) This year 144 including two DC cards.

Built - Mega tree topper, 10 Mighty Mini floods, 4 PC cards, 2 DC cards, enclosures and wiring.

To Do.
3-50 foot mega arches over drive,
Adding additional channels to last year's musical sequences,
Completing 4 new musical sequences.
Building a double LEDTriks panel an Triks -C controller (Plus integrating the message panel into LOR.
Lone Star Holidays "Boot Camp" on 9/18

Delayed to Next Year - 60 RGB LED Lighting fixtures for the house eaves. Probably more stuff?

My wife is still calling it a hobby at this point, but obsession seems more accurate.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update.....still working on the music for this year. Close to having 5 songs completed for the upgrade from 176 to 256 channels. I am building 4 stars similar to that of Crooks Christmas and I have all the metal cut and the star drawn so now I just need to get them welded. I am building 4 PVC columns to mount on the existing columns on my house that I wrap and unwrap each year. This way I will just be wrapping the PVC columns and mounting them for much faster setup. They are built and I am in the process of wrapping them. I start roof line install around Oct. 15th and man is it coming fast!

Corey

I'm just getting back into the forums from last season. :)

I'll start testing lights in the next couple of weeks and then start the roof line middle to late October.

Besides light installation, I still have a "little" sequencing to do for our one new song.

Too many hobbies... not enough time! :D

This is my 3rd year with LOR. Going from 272 to 405 channels. Added 8 new songs. Only have to finish up on 2 of them, they are 3/4 done although. All props are built. 2 new surprises not telling anyone till they hit the lawn. I put out my 2 shed last weekend that hold 16 of my 26 controllers. Zara radio all ready to fire up. I figured I will start broadcasting music 24/7 the day after Halloween. I am excited already. I also have my tickets to see TSO on Nov 21st in San Jose Ca.