• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J_Plak

• jeffl

• Lars in Minnesota

• saynomoore

I found the Zara auto start. It's the virtual audio cable repeater. I guess I don't understand the VAC software very well yet.

For now I have gave up on the DTMF tones. Setup time is getting close and time is at a premium. I setup a scheduled stop 5 seconds before my show starts as well as a AutoIT script to do sendkeys to Zara to stop as a safety net. After the show finishes it sends media -> play to Zara as well as a scheduled start in Zara 4 minutes after the show stops.

So far this is working well. Not perfect like a DTMF tone would but I understand this setup for now. The only drawback is my sendkeys setup will not work on a headless desktop system as a monitor is required.

Hopefully somebody can do a how to on a desktop unit with step-by-step screen shots for this DTMF tone setup with virtual audio cable. I know it can work, I just don't understand it well enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am just digging out the old computer and switching everything over to a new one with win 7 on it and I have searched for about 45 minutes now and cant find a 1.6.2. I can find a lot of links that say 1.6.2 but when you download them and check the properties they all say 1.6.1. Can someone point me in the direction to a good link or have the file they would like to share?

Thanks

wayne

PM me your email address and I can send it to you. I have the previous 1.6.2 version that has the Current Songs and DTMF feature. If you don't need these you can download the free version directly from Zara's site.

Cannot get it to work with win 7. I have on board sound, is it worth buying a new soundcard to make this work or will that not make any difference?

Thanks

Wayne

Guest wbottomley

Wayne... DTMF decided to not work on my win XP machine too. So what I did, is set a stop time of 5:59:00 pm with 2 seconds of overlap. The satellite button event was triggered 10 minutes earlier.

LOR runs until an estimated 11:00:00-11:04:00.

When the off command is sent from LOR, the song ends, closing announcement plays, then a musical sequence plays until Zara takes over at 11:04:00. One thing about the restart at 11:04:00, it a hard restart so no fading.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I am back trying to make zara work for my setup without the tones. I have put it into scheduler to start it up and have auto play turned on and it seams to work fine at this point. What I have not been able to figure out is how to turn it off at a certain time. Can anyone tell me how they are going to turn it off before a show starts? Also does anyone know if there are any parameters at startup to make it shuffle the song order?

Thanks in advance

Wayne

I setup an AutoIT script that compiles to an executable. When the show starts it executes the command to send Alt-M S and Alt-M P when the show is done. I also have scheduled events in Zara to stop at an exact time based on show start up time and based on how long the shutdown process is.

I tested this three weeks ago and it worked well. Its not perfect but works fairly well.

The only thing that I don't like about this solution is in order to do Windows Send Keys operations like I am doing is the machine needs to have a monitor hoked up. A headless system will not work. Obviously the Zara Scheduler will work with or without a monitor.

I have learned quite a little bit more about zara radio and schedules since the DTFM tones do not work. I can use the built in scheduler and make things work ok. The problem I have now is that I thought it would be nice to announce a time just before my show starts. I have the time announcement so that it comes thru ok and I can schedule it, But I play music from 5:00 to 6:00 PM and my show starts at 6:00 pm. So when my scheduler starts the music it plays fine and then I am doing a stop command at about 5:59:55 and the music stops just like it is suppose to then I have the time announcement to start at 6:00 and it does that just fine. The problem is that after the time announcement, it starts playing the music again by itself. I have messed with this over the last 2 days on and off trying to figure out how to not have the music start after the time announcement. I am probably looking at it to hard and overlooking something simple. Anyone got any idea's ?

Thanks

Wayne

Sounds like you need a stop after the time announcement if I understand it correctly. The problem is you almost need to time it to stop x seconds after the time announcement starts.

Jeffl

After I posted last night I went back and played around some more and that is what I come up with, But I still could not make it shut down the playing music untill I got it down to 1 second difference between announcement and the stop command. I guess when I posted last night I was wondering if I had a setting wrong some where is the reason that it wanted to start playing the music after the announcement. Anyhow with a one second delay and a stop command it will work.

Thanks

Wayne

Has anyone ever had Zara shut down in the middle of the day and the log indicates that it received the stop tones when you know they were not sent?

This happens to me once in a while and in fact it has happened the last 2 days.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

Well after reading all the great things about Zara Radio I thought I would give it a shot, I I got was shot.

Would some of you guys that have a WORKING version of Zara Radio/Studio, that works on Win 7 and actually has the DTM options provides some links to get a download that actually runs?

Version 1.6.1 with DTM options will not load or play a music file, it crashes as soon as you select one and say something about don't do state something or other..

The 1.6.2 version I have downloaded "free version" version runs FINE but does not have DTM option.

I have downloaded at least 10 Zara Radio .exe files from 10 different places including the Zara Studio site (which I can only get the version that does not have DTM it seems... if I cant get it to run on its own I cant use it. I am not home when its time to start my show...

Frustrated as hell... and I never have software problems normally...

By the way.... lots of good info here except where to get it...

and... thanks....

You can get the file here for now that supports DTMF tones and log export. I already beet my head against the wall this year trying to get it to work on Windows 7. It's cheaper to just pay the $200 for the full version than waste the time. Don't get me wrong. There is one person on the board here that made it work but I couldn't duplicate his results.

I setup scripts that shutdown and startup Zara from Sequences in my show and they have been rock solid. As far as I'm concerned they are just as good as DTMF tones because they don't even make any noise.

I'm happy to share my work and save you the headaches you will experience. Of course they still work on XP which is also a rock solid choice.

http://www.christmasinbrandon.com/Download/zararadio162no.exe

Good luck.