Light-O-Rama Forums

Zara Radio

saynomoore

OK, it look like you will need Virtual Audio Cable
http://www.fox-magic.com/vac.php
or the USB sound card to make it work.

Jerry

Lars in Minnesota wrote:

right. tried that as well. When I set satellite to the microphone, however, the setting does not stick (e.g., when i go back to Options it is set to speakers - not microphone)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J_Plak

• jeffl

• Lars in Minnesota

• saynomoore

thinking Perplexing thinking :D
Ok before we start, take screen shot of your Current setting.
for the wint 7 user closes all Apps then do a right click on your sounds control and goto the Recording devices
#1 enable the Stereo Mix and set it as device
#2 enable Virtual Cable set it as default communications device
# 3 I have disable all of the other Recording devices
: AS a note hear if you use your computer for others things keep your notes.

Attached files 212129=11834-Recording-device3.jpg

THANKS JERRY, It is all good. I really appreciate the help. You got to love this forum and it's members. They are always there for each other.

Jerry,

We struck gold!

Current settings listed below and Zara roared to life! I was having a little inconsistenty with the default stop and start tones, so changed them and things seem to be working as they are supposed to now. I did notice some flaky things happening when the output cable is disconnected, so i have to be careful it doesn't get unplugged.

Thanks a ton for your help and patience! This was certainly a learning experience!

Attached files 212248=11845-stereo mix settings.jpg

It's good to know that the DTMF tones can work but the extra software comes at a charge doesn't it? I'm going to test my AutoIT script method and if it doesn't work I'll revert to purchasing software.

Either way this is great knowing you can use the old software on Windows 7 and everything works. Windows 7 should be a viable OS for 5 - 7 more years.

Lars in Minnesota, Glad you got it working and Yes This was certainly a learning experience!
by the way Yesterday I pick up a 1/8" stereo plug to replace the cord.

jeffl, I am still using the demo copy of Virtual Cable app on my laptop :-) it only need to pay for full working Virtual Cable, in This use demo copy of Virtual Cable app work great!!!

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Well my method didn't work so I'm eager to figure out how to get this virtual audio cable to work. I can't see the screen shots above. If you can re-post them one-by-on that would be great.

Thanks Jeff

Well I got it to work from what I can tell with the virtual audio cable software. The bad part is I have not real idea what I did. :P More testing to come.

I guess this might be where Acronis True Image comes in handy making a clone of the drive. :)

More hacking to come until I can figure out what I did.

Zara died as well as my virtual audio mixes. After restarting I can't get it to work again. Is there a way to get all the VAC repeater to start after a reboot. If not, this isn't a solid solution either.

In Z-radio go to tools >Options then to General tab and check the box
Enable autostart...

I will be back soon for the other

Attached files 214028=11924-ZR_General_ opt.jpg