Light-O-Rama Forums

Zara Radio

saynomoore

J_Plak wrote:

Update at my end:
I am able to use Zara radio 1.6.2 on window 7
The issue was the Zara radio would "hear" the DTMF and stop/start Zara properly but it was muting Zara radio output.

I try using a app call Virtual Cable, but the muting Zara radio output,
Then I pick up a new sound card and use the line input for Zara radio satellite input but the problem persisted....

Finley having Zara radio, LOR, Breakaway and the Master Volume window open

I  start playing start tone Zara radio did start playing but it was
muting Zara radio output, so I went to the Zara radio Tools > Options >
Mixer and removed the entry and left it clear.

Now I am able to play the DTMF and stop/start tones and there no muting of the Zara radio output :cool:

I going to try a test run this weekend to see how everything hold up :shock: :(
Also will look to see if I get a current song file ...

Interesting. so are you running the "old" version of 1.6.2? Any idea where i can find that version?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J_Plak

• jeffl

• Lars in Minnesota

• saynomoore

This is good to hear. Keep us posted. We might need a screen shot of your Zara options screen to see how you did it.

I have a copy of the old 1.6.2 in safe keeping as well as it's getting hard to find.

Photo of the ZaraRadio Mixer
this phott is from my XP @ work computer

for win7 removed the entry and left it clear,
Now there no muting of the Zara radio output :cool:

Attached files 211853=11815-ZaraRadio_Mixer.jpg

Guest wbottomley

I could not get my pc to respond to DTMF tones.

Tried everything under the sun and nada.

So, the work around. After the closing sequence, I have a 4 minute instrumental Christmas song that plays until Zara takes over at a certain time. Then it will mute the input and play until the following day when it's stopped.

The instrumental song is actually a one channel sequence with no controller defined.

William,
is this a desktop or a laptop?
also do you have a mic/line input, if so try using an audio line and plug it into your mic/line input and the other end don't hook up anything.

then see if ZaraRadio use the line input for Zara radio satellite input
now on my XP laptop I use a Virtual Cable to make a Virtual mic/line input
and use this for the Zara radio satellite input.

:) Jerry

jeffl wrote:

Can you take a screen shot of your "Satellite" and "Output" screens as well on your win7 box?

Mixer-screen shot :)

Attached files 211904=11817-Mixer-screen.jpg

Sorry, I missed the outputs shot. I have Breakaway I plan to use this year instead of a mixer so these will match up to my setup.

Thanks for the visual aids.

Guest wbottomley

Jerry, mine is a desktop.

Let me play around with it this weekend again and see if I can make it work.

I used the trial version of Virtual Cable and it work. But, the problem I have with it is restarting VC when the PC needs rebooting (power outage, updates, or etc).

One Possible Solutions for the laptop & desktop users

External USB Sound Card that is Windows 7 compatible

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Creative+-+Sound+Blaster+X-Fi+Go!+External+USB+Sound+Card/9149977.p?id=1218037433764&skuId=9149977&st=USB%20sound%20card&cp=1&lp=1

now I have not try this, maybe someone may have a External USB Sound Card
can test this for us all :)

Well here is my update.

1.6.2 installed and running smoothly on the laptop (which is running Windows 7). Asus laptop which is running a VIA sound package (not sure if this is required as it was pre-installed).

I have the Satellite tab set to "Speakers", the DTMF tones enabled and the correct tones specified. I tried connecting an audio cable to the microphone jack as well.

I can hear the tones play when I launch the mp3 in windows media.

Zara Radio does nothing and I see nothing in the log file. I either have something configured wrong or have another issue. Any thoughts anyone?

Ok I used zara last year and all was good.I downloaded the new version on my new laptop last night. Got the time / temp / humidity files all good. Got weather watcher up and running and talking to Zara. All good. Tonight I open Zara and no sound output. Everything is running, commercials, music, announcements. Just no sound. Any Ideas? I deleted it and got the 1.6.2.1 version after download it shows 1.6.2. Still same problem. Also both version have nothing in the help section. You can't search for anything it is empty.
Thanks in advance
Don C.

I opened my Zara from my desktop which is working and put it side by side with my laptop. they are both configured the same. On my laptop version there is no DTMF tab under options menu.I tried downloading it again and same thing on DTMF tab and no Help file assoc with program. Is there another place to download it from, I got it from ZARAstudio.es/en

Try connecting an audio cable to the microphone jack and muting the microphone
in your master volume.. to see if this work for you.
Jerry

Lars in Minnesota wrote:

Well here is my update.

1.6.2 installed and running smoothly on the laptop (which is running Windows 7). Asus laptop which is running a VIA sound package (not sure if this is required as it was pre-installed).

I have the Satellite tab set to "Speakers", the DTMF tones enabled and the correct tones specified. I tried connecting an audio cable to the microphone jack as well.

I can hear the tones play when I launch the mp3 in windows media.

Zara Radio does nothing and I see nothing in the log file. I either have something configured wrong or have another issue. Any thoughts anyone?