Light-O-Rama Forums

Zara Radio

saynomoore

I down loaded Zara radio but it does not seem to work on my computer, it locks up wont respond, Iam running window 7, does anyone else have problems with Zara?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J_Plak

• jeffl

• Lars in Minnesota

• saynomoore

I am running Zara radio 1.6.2 on window 7 with no issue

this for everyone don't down loaded ZaraRadioFree Ver. 1.6.2.1 as the DTMF tone detector been disable

saynomoore wrote:

I down loaded Zara radio but it does not seem to work on my computer, it locks up wont respond, Iam running window 7, does anyone else have problems with Zara?

one of the things it is doing, when I try to drag a song from the file tree I get a error or Debug Alert, it says "Error: we don't support state callbacks yet! ../../src/msw/listctrl.cpp(2287): !(lvi.mask & LVIF_STATE)

has anyone else seen this?

un-install 1.6.1 then install 1.6.2, if I remember 1.6.2, work with Visa & up

saynomoore wrote:

it says 1.6.1 on the site I downloaded it from I have downloaded 1.6.2 as well

ok can someone tell me a good place to download 1.6.2 every site I go to say it is 1.6.2 but when you download it and install it is 1.6.1

One thing to note is there is an old 1.6.2 and a new 1.6.2. The old one has the DTMF tones and export current song to a file.

These are nice features if you are going to use it before and after your LOR show. The problem is the new version does not come with these features and the old version does not work on Windows 7.

I have figured out a way to use the old version of 1.6.2 on Windows 7 and get it to start and shutdown without using DTMF tones using a program called AuotIT.

If anyone else wants to do this, let me know and I'll send you my scripts I have so far.

I run my Zara radio all year long. I have it setup to play fast songs at my getup time every morning and I tune my clock radio to that. I have different start up times on Zara for each day (for it to switch over to the busy tunes from my every day tunes), i do the different start up so i don't listen to the same song every morning when i am waking up.

I'll be switching to my Christmas tunes in the next month or so. I was surprised how many of my neighbors listen to the station, they like that I have it set to give the time and temp every 10 to 15 minutes.

Zara Rocks...

As a side note to Zara Radio, you could always just make musical sequences that do not turn on your lights, and then use the show scheduler to run your all day (non-light) show. That way you don't have to use tone's to turn off Zara, the show scheduler will turn off your music and turn on your show.

By the way - LOR Dan is where this came from.

Yes, do a musical sequence, don't bother to add all your channels, and save it. Do it for every song, then simply use the show builder to put the songs (and your voice if wanted) in the order you want. Start the show in the morning and end when your lightshow starts.

Sounds like a lot of work unless there was a tool to create the sequences. Or if there was a way for a sequence to randomly pick a song that would be ok to.

I use the events button to start and stop Zara Radio. I run the radio all day, it has an event"Stop" about 2 seconds before LOR starts and use "Play" when LOR finishes. I find that is the easiest way to do it.

jeffl wrote:

One thing to note is there is an old 1.6.2 and a new 1.6.2. The old one has the DTMF tones and export current song to a file.

These are nice features if you are going to use it before and after your LOR show. The problem is the new version does not come with these features and the old version does not work on Windows 7.

I have figured out a way to use the old version of 1.6.2 on Windows 7 and get it to start and shutdown without using DTMF tones using a program called AuotIT.

If anyone else wants to do this, let me know and I'll send you my scripts I have so far.

Ahhh ha! A lightbulb moment for me here! Thanks so much, Jeff! I am running into this same issue - i want DTMF, but am using a Windows 7 machine to run my Zara Radio and LOR display. I tried running 1.6.1 and what I think is the old version of 1.6.2 and had NOTHING but problems, freezing, etc of the Zara Radio. As soon as I uninstalled and went to the "new" version of 1.6.2.1, everything has been running smoothly, with nary a problem. Ofcourse, now i have to live without DTMF... :(

I can live without the DTMF feature as I have a way around that. The other feature I wanted was the ability to capture the current song being played and that feature has also been removed from the new 1.6.2 free version.

Update at my end:
I am able to use Zara radio 1.6.2 on window 7
The issue was the Zara radio would "hear" the DTMF and stop/start Zara properly but it was muting Zara radio output.

I try using a app call Virtual Cable, but the muting Zara radio output,
Then I pick up a new sound card and use the line input for Zara radio satellite input but the problem persisted....

Finley having Zara radio, LOR, Breakaway and the Master Volume window open

I start playing start tone Zara radio did start playing but it was
muting Zara radio output, so I went to the Zara radio Tools > Options >
Mixer and removed the entry and left it clear.

Now I am able to play the DTMF and stop/start tones and there no muting of the Zara radio output :cool:

I going to try a test run this weekend to see how everything hold up :shock: :(
Also will look to see if I get a current song file ...