Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperText is now available!

BrianBruderer

The SuperStar Sequence Editor now has SuperText! You can download the free demo version at www.superstarlights.com

SuperText features (See page 13 of this tutorial)
1- Can type text and have it displayed on the ribbons as:
a- Stationery text
b- Moving text
2- Text Color modes
a- Choose Color
b- Rainbow
c- Red,Green,Blue,Red,Green,Blue...
3- Text Mask modes
a- Normal (no mask)
b- Positive Mask (any effect put onto background)
c- Negative Mask (any effect put onto foreground, or background)
4- Fonts
a- 12x12 Thin
b- 12x12 Bold
c- 8x8 Thin
d- 6x6 Thin
e- customizable fonts

Brian did a full demo of this software at the LSH event a few weeks ago and it is amazing and can cut your CCR sequencing time by a ton, plus the ability to draw in images, text, and patterns via a visual sequencing tool.

I'f you've got multiple CCRs you need this software !!

HowardShank wrote:

I am unable to find anywhere stating how many CCR's are necessary to make a matrix.

I would imagine you could make a matrix any size you want.

IE 4x4, 6x6, 2x6, etc.

I have 12 CCRs and each CCR has 50 pixels. So when I put them side by side I have a matrix of 12x50 pixels. For doing text you need a height of at least 6 pixels. With 6 CCRs side by side you have 6x50 pixels and could do text. If you have 3 CCRs and cut them in half, then you can have a matrix of 6x25 pixels, which I would say that is the minimum number of pixels to do text.

Within the next few weeks I plan on doing some demo videos to show what can now be done. For now, if you download the demo and play the following 3 sample files you will get a taste of the awesomness of SuperText:

TextActions.sup, TextMaskFun,sup, TextMaskMerryChristmas.sup

TextActions.sup shows the standard things you would expect to be able to do. You can type in any text you want and have it be stationary or have it scroll in marquee manner in any direction. You can rotate the text in 90 degree increments, and set it's color.

But I realized that some really cool effects could be done if the text were just a mask through which effects would show through. TextMaskFun.sup shows some things that can be done by apply effects to the background and/or foreground of a text mask.

TextMaskMerryChristmas.sup is a simple but impressive sequence showing the word "Christmas" scrolling across the background of "Merry". To appreciate how cool it looks you have to see it for yourself.

As I mentioned, within a few weeks I will make a sequence and a video using the new text features. I am thinking of doing it to the song "Jingle Bell Rock"

-Brian Bruderer

edvas69 wrote:

HowardShank wrote:
I am unable to find anywhere stating how many CCR's are necessary to make a matrix.

Take a look at my 12 x 16 matrix which uses 4 CCRs http://forums.auschristmaslighting.com/index.php/topic,148.0.html

Im also making a mini matrix using 1 CCR as 5 x 10

I stand corrected. As edvas69 (aka FastEddy) points out, you can do a 12 x 16 matrix with 4 CCRs. I have seen the video before, it is very impressive. How did you sequence it? I'm guessing you used Lightshow Pro. As shown, 12x16 is enough to do some impressive images and text. So I suppose you could do text with 2 CCRs by cutting them into 4 pieces and making an 8x16 matrix but you would only be able to do 3 or 4 characters at a time.

• The topic was locked