Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Spiral Demo

George Simmons

I've cobbled together a CCR Spiral prototype and shot a demo video. I think I'm getting close to finally figuring out the camera and how to shoot the CCR. Pretty decent color for a single CCD. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

http://www.vimeo.com/14600642

The video will be available in about one hour from the time of this post.

Dale J wrote:

were those built in macrows or did you have to do some programing to get the effects.

Not a single macro was harmed in the creation of that sequence. Actually, despite the fact that I managed to get one to work one time, macros are still pretty much a mystery to me. The chase tool and the fill tool, however, are proving to be quite a boon to sequencing the CCRs.

Very cool George.
I was thinking if I had 6-8 of those they might make some cool looking lollipops tops.
Hmm, that gives me something to think about on what to do with the 2 controllers I have to set up yet. Won't be as cool as this but might have some possibilities.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Glad I wasn't smokin anything while watching that! I'd love to add a few of those to my display, but not for a couple years, too many other things on my wish list.

Dear Santa, I've been a good boy this year( just don't ask the wife about my spending) and have few things on my wish list this year...

• 3 weeks later...

George I was just looking for some new inspiration for this years christmas light show when I came across your video . First of all they are wonderful and secondly you must have to much time on your hands. You have inspired me to go out side the box LOL . Great Job.

Thanks, Lisa, for the kind words. With this being late September, however, "too much time" is something I most assuredly do not have. :D

• The topic was locked