Light-O-Rama Forums

Attaching CCR(s) around windows or gutters

Paul Roberson

Is anyone planning on attaching CCRs around windows or gutters?

I have alum. gutters and there is a piece of alum. aprox 4 inches wide around my windows.

I am thinking about using some kind of tape, but not sure how that will work.

Anyone have any ideas?

I would not use tape unless you want permanent adhesive marks.

Can you attach or in set a pvc frame around the windows? I have a brick front, pvc frames fit perfectly. Spring loaded curtain rods hold them in place (thanks to Carrie for that tip). On my vinyl siding there is a lip that I use to attach the pvc.

Glenn

I use 1 x 2 furring strips and make frames from them. It is easier to use many types of attachments to wood

Did not think the of adhesive problem. I wondered if I could take some alcohol and clean the adhesive off. I put a piece up around one window with clear tape doing some testing yesterday. I just took a piece of the tape off and looks like some of the color that was on the alum piece stayed on the tape.:shock: Not much. You can't tell it by looking at the alum piece, but you can see it on the tape.

I was using 4 strings of rope light. I had a 1x4 frame made out of wood with the 1/2 rope light channel attached to it. I would hang these from screws above the window, with another screw thru the bottom to keep the frame from flapping in the wind.

We have had new siding put on our house. I am trying to find a way to out like my windows and eves/gutters without using any screws. I find that virtually impossible using the 1x4 frame with 4 rope lights attached to it. Just too heavy.

Here are a couple pictures showing my window and frame from different angles. I might could possibly use double sided tape to stick the ribbon to the actual window frame (its vinyl). I could use something to clean off the adhesive after removing it if I needed to.

Also I could possibly use another piece of "J" channel and attach the ribbon to it then stick the long part of the J channel behind the J channel around the window.

P8220018.jpg

P8220017.jpg

P8220016.jpg

• The topic was locked