Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB16D-QC

mschell

Have these started shipping yet? I know I used "Try-for-free", but was just curious to know if the -QC versions are currently available?

I have too many channels (but not as many as William!) already in place, but need to plan for my controller layout for these guys...

Thanks,

Mark

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ Hvasta

• Surfing4Dough

• LightORamaDan

• mschell

mschell wrote:

Have these started shipping yet? I know I used "Try-for-free", but was just curious to know if the -QC versions are currently available?

I have too many channels (but not as many as William!) already in place, but need to plan for my controller layout for these guys...

Thanks,

Mark

They will not start shipping until the end of the month.

Dan

Dan, those that ordered.. oh... say... four 16PC's, along with the QC kits, once the QC's start shipping, would the other kits go with them at the end of the month or would the defered-shipping things be longer?

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Dan, those that ordered.. oh... say... four 16PC's, along with the QC kits, once the QC's start shipping, would the other kits go with them at the end of the month or would the defered-shipping things be longer?

They should all ship together...

Side note: Probably just a terminology thing but the QCs are not solder kits. They are completely assembled and tested.

Dan

You will now find a photo of the CMB16D-QC boards in the LOR store :)

Shouldn't be too much longer until the first of these boards leave LOR central to be sent to every corner of the globe (no pun intended).

yhst-1552586516070_2121_10588820

Bigger version here

LightORamaDan wrote:

mschell wrote:

Thanks,

Mark

Dan

Has anyone received shipping notices on these yet? I may have a need for mine mid-September and since this is my first DC board I am not sure how long it may take me to get it up and running. On that note, has anybody read what size the quick connect terminals are so I can know what size of quick connects to buy (for attaching cat5 wires)?

Dan has said they go out the end of the month, so I'm guessing they'll start shipping tomorrow or Tuesday, and as they are fully assembled (I didnt know that) you won't have to find time to build it..

I think they'll have the .250 lugs, same as the -16PC kits.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
mschell wrote:

Thanks,

Mark

Dan

Has anyone received shipping notices on these yet? I may have a need for mine mid-September and since this is my first DC board I am not sure how long it may take me to get it up and running. On that note, has anybody read what size the quick connect terminals are so I can know what size of quick connects to buy (for attaching cat5 wires)?

The quick connects are 1/4 inch like on the CTB16PC kits. To connect to CAT5 you will want to get connectors for the smallest guage wire as possible and then double over the stripped portion of the wire before inserting and crimping.

We are expecting delivery from the manufacture on Monday.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

The quick connects are 1/4 inch like on the CTB16PC kits. To connect to CAT5 you will want to get connectors for the smallest guage wire as possible and then double over the stripped portion of the wire before inserting and crimping.

We are expecting delivery from the manufacture on Monday.

Dan

Thanks Dan! I'm excited to hear when these actually start shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody who ordered the CMB16D-QC and not entered tryforfree received shipping information?

I did enter tryforfree, but I'm becoming worried as I'm supposed to be setting up cabling and lighting from the first of October, so I was hoping to have controllers and other projects completed and ready to install by October. By completed I mean installed in enclosures that I need to build and with all cordsets attached.

I've emailed Mary to find out what might be going on but have not received a response yet.

I got 3 rainbow spots today in the mail, and got my 12V power supply yesterday in the mail, and got my cat5 cables in the mail Thursday. :D However, I don't have a CMB16D-QC board to control the LED spots yet. :( The suspense is killing me. I hope these ship soon. Any updates?

Yeah the suspense is killing me too. Not to mention I'm a bit anxious as if I am unable to get these boards set up by the end of September (enclosures made, output cables attached, DC power supply tested) I don't think I'll have enough time left to get everything out before a December 1st switch on (on top of University studies). :(

What is causing the orders to be delayed? When are they likely to start shipping? If they take too much longer will anyone receive a few dollars compensation for each board for not meeting the initial late August deadline (by no means asking for a 'free' controller, just wanting to know the procedures)? :?

I'll certainly be sending another email to find out what is going on if I don't receive a reply by my Tuesday (your Monday) to see what is going on. :D

Sure would like to know when these little gems (CMB16D-QC) are going to ship. It's way past the end of the month. Ease our pain Dan....

We finally received the cards from the manufacture. The delay was caused by a backorder on the Mosfets. We started testing and packaging them on Thursday and started shipping the CTB16D-QC cards on Friday.

Dan