• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert G.

• jimswinder

• George Simmons

• Max-Paul

Don in Kenner,LA wrote:

Your leds at this point will not last in the elements for 10 years. They have a debate going on now about leds the globes falling off the bulbs ends rusting

I beleive the LED's with "the globes falling off the bulbs ends rusting" are the cheap ones you get from Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc. The ones from CDI and LED Holiday Lighting are much better...and should be for the price. I have only had mine one season, but they still look brand new, and I expect them to last well over 10 years, but time will tell.

Besides, I heard Obama is wanting to tax those people who use incandescent lights vs LED's...something like .10 cents a bulb...

Attached files 209211=11649-obama lights copy.jpg

Robert G. wrote:

Well then Jim, we better buy our lights now!

I think I am good with my 50,000 LED's...

at least for this year!!! LOL

I have no clue about Al Gory ( he sound's gory) and I couldn't care less. Maddening enough we have David Suzuki. All these people probably make money from the lies of global warming (just like WK2) .

Global cooling is more realistic.

Anyhow LEDs is what I use and up this way and they cost more up here than they do down their. You think prices are high their then you ought to move here to see higher prices.

I cannot afford an electrical up grade which would involve upgrading the wire in the house as well..............and $5,000 is a lot of coin, but then there is drywall and what not after the upgrade is done.

I can have something like 17,000 LEDs on 13 amps (all my controllers are set for 15 amps except 2).

Here is another thing to consider, up here you need to plug your cars in when the temps drop below -20Fahr., so plugging in 3 cars can add up, so in December LEDs help out in that sense.

Power costs me 11 cents a Kilowatt ..........or however you want to call it.

I like most colours better (other than blue) in LEDs and so far I have strings that are going on 6 years with no burned out bulbs, no fading, no broken glass and so on.

Bring them on.

I am going LED on my house/garage outline this year, was getting tired of having to split up the house into two channels per color, and spreading it across controllers. Going LED lets me get rid of that complexity, while also adding a third color.

This topic came up at an interesting time, I just got an email yesterday that the second half of my payment is due :)

I think the arguments pro LEDs have been adequately made - vibrant colors that don't fade, less electrical use, saving $$$ on panel upgrades for those of us with larger displays, no one bulb out whole string out issues from moisture getting into non sealed incandescent sockets, no glass bulbs to break when high winds whip the megatree light strands aroung, allowing more lights per LOR circuit, etc.

For me it boils down to my time, which is worth something. I build it once, do it right, and it will outlast me.

6 years of using LEDs without any failures says it all. No more up ladders in the winter to troubleshoot bad strings! - priceless

Greg

DavidPeterson wrote:

This topic came up at an interesting time, I just got an email yesterday that the second half of my payment is due :D

Is that from LED Holiday Lighting?

I am surprised I have not heard from Travis yet...

jimswinder wrote:

DavidPeterson wrote:
This topic came up at an interesting time, I just got an email yesterday that the second half of my payment is due :D

Is that from LED Holiday Lighting?

I am surprised I have not heard from Travis yet...

Nope, Val at Christmas-LEDs.com. After last year's issues that Travis had, I wasn't going to use him right off.

DavidPeterson wrote:

Nope, Val at Christmas-LEDs.com. After last year's issues that Travis had, I wasn't going to use him right off.

I never had any issues with Travis...so tried him again for a small portion of my order...since I got my Blue and white Icicle lights from him last year I ordered some Red and Green so they would match...

but where are they Travis?!?!?! LOL

jimswinder wrote:

He charged my credit card last week for my order but I have not seen a shipment notice on them. I do not know if he sends those out or not. I keep expecting to come home and find lights on my doorstep but so far, no luck.

ryebred wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

He charged my credit card last week for my order but I have not seen a shipment notice on them. I do not know if he sends those out or not. I keep expecting to come home and find lights on my doorstep but so far, no luck.

I paid via PayPal..so I think he would have to request for me to send the funds...

I got my order from Led Holiday Lighting.Everything was just as i ordered.6 boxes with 141 strands of led lights.The reality of how many lights i bought set in as i was taking inventory of them.The last of the preorders were shipped out last friday.Now i can get a few projects finished up.

wallleyes wrote:

I got my order from Led Holiday Lighting.Everything was just as i ordered.6 boxes with 141 strands of led lights.

Hmmm...guess I better shoot off an email to Travis...

of course, if I do, they will be on my porch when I get home tonight!!! (never fails)

Jim

If you ordered them on the preorder they will be coming.They must not have got them shipped early enough on friday.If they did i would of had mine on monday as ups ground gets to me the next day if shipped in minnesota.

wallleyes wrote:

Jim

If you ordered them on the preorder they will be coming.They must not have got them shipped early enough on friday.If they did i would of had mine on monday as ups ground gets to me the next day if shipped in minnesota.

I thought I read somewhere that the Icicle Lights would be shipping the week (maybe two) after the other LED's...but I think that was over three weeks ago, wasn't it?

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php/42372-LED-Holiday-Lighting-order

This thread may answer some questions? Jim, if your on facebook you can friend his page, seen some updates on there. I didn't order from him but I do read what comes about. Happily rec'd ALL my orders back in May from Paul :P

pokrplr wrote:

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php/42372-LED-Holiday-Lighting-order

This thread may answer some questions? Jim, if your on facebook you can friend his page, seen some updates on there. I didn't order from him but I do read what comes about. Happily rec'd ALL my orders back in May from Paul :P

Got an email from Travis last night...my order should go out today.

Yay! Just got my lights today all the way out in California. I tested all of them and all strings work. Now to start wrapping the mini trees.

First question my wife asked when I opened the boxes of lights was, "How could you possibly need more lights? Don't you already have enough?" :)